PDA

View Full Version : Guild wars

bttr
02-17-2007, 08:02 AM
What is the game Guild wars like I was thinking of getting it.:help2:.

Niome!
02-17-2007, 08:40 AM
It's about choosing a class, being two but the other is more of a supportive role.

You do story progressions MMO-persistently in zones with other players and there is alot of "battlefields", warzones you can fight in with groups of players against other groups, PvP.

I use't to play it. It was a good game got many good memories of it.

Check out their website for a better perspective, shouldn't be asking here...

shinobi dog
02-26-2007, 01:58 PM
It's a good game^_^.

wizz-o-matic
02-26-2007, 02:09 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_wars ;) ;) ;)

Tetsanosuke
02-27-2007, 10:10 AM
I have Factions and personly it became too laggy.. I'm hoping it'll clear up though.

I liked it though, out of the towns.

I have a question as well, what else does the original have that Factions doesn't? Maybe I'm getting a smaller piece of a big pie without knowing so.

Itachi22
02-27-2007, 10:49 AM
I never played it my self. but a friend of mine keep saying that i must tray it he says that its one of his best games.but i don't like mmo very much(ok they are fun wen i have nothing to do).

warheart_1560
02-28-2007, 04:52 AM
It is a decent game. Especially if you can't afford to play WoW.

joeychan
02-28-2007, 04:54 AM
I LOVE the game!!! You can do SOOOO much stuff on it! And work with other people on quests that are always helpful! Only problem with it is that it's addictive. When me and my ex broke up I was more sad about losing the access to GuildWars :P

氷の動物
03-04-2007, 10:00 PM
I played it just for a little bit... it was ok, but it didn't have the massive world feeling of full on MMOs... and it felt a lot like Diablo II which should have made it really fun to play but it didn't really seem to have the addictive item drops and interesting story that Diablo II had, it seemed like in Guild Wars all enemies ever dropped was junk and the story didn't seem interesting at all... I guess maybe the game could get more interesting when your further into it but it didn't convince me to stay that long.

bttr
03-06-2007, 05:56 PM
I got the game and it ROCKS^_^

The Wing Man
03-07-2007, 12:45 AM
It is a pretty sweet game, I think it is one of the better games of 06 and buying it is not a stupid idea.

-Batman-
03-07-2007, 01:27 AM
I dislike guild wars. Grant it, it's free, but thats all it has going for it.

It's pretty small compaired to most other MMORPG's. In addition, it's luster is short lived. This game only lasts about a month before it gets boring and dull.

This is the MMORPG you play when you want to take a break from WoW, Final Fantasy 11, Everquest, or whatever other MMO you're playing seriously.

Mr. Hat-and-Clogs
03-08-2007, 07:21 PM
This game is one of the best games I have ever played, mostly because I had a great guild and i really loved the Guild vs Guild and PvP. I had a great time with it. But like sbd. said before its addictive and if somebody would offer me to decide if I ever started to play the game or to keep my time I would probably... choose to play the game because it's freaking awesome^^
But I became inactive because I came to US for a year...so I had other things to do than playing video games.
All in all just a great game and I would recommend it to everyone.

The_Mother
03-31-2007, 02:34 PM
well i cant say anything else then it is a AWSOME game...
cant see why you shouldent go get it ASAP... :)

Psychicmind
04-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Guild Wars was great when I first got it, but I think I played it too much at first. It has now gotten boring for me. I do play it every now-and-then when I can't think of anything else to do, though.

Ralral
04-22-2007, 07:01 PM
im pretty addicted to it. I have Prophecies and Factions, working on getting nightfall.

Zanpakutou no Sephiroth
04-29-2007, 05:33 AM
GW rocks. Like it or not. If you hate the game because it's free of monthly payments and think it stinks because of that, well, then burn.
Tastes arent the same but you cant say GW is a bad game. It's actually very good. You just gotta get the hang of it.

Only thing I dislike about it is the lvl20 cap.

.Lovebeat
05-01-2007, 06:51 AM
I played it for like 2 weeks? It's a good game if you don't wanna pay much for it, and I like games with quests and such like GW (and WoW) has... the class system is funny since you're like 70% your main class and 30% of the other class you choose. >.> Complicated? XD
But I quit because I was doing a quest for sooooo long and then died >>; I know, I'm not a patient person. That wasn't the only reason I quit though, I didn't have much time to play it and I was still stuck at some other MMO I was playing.
But GW IS fun.

Sword
05-17-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm gonna get guild wars soon. So I take it it's good lol.