PDA

View Full Version : Avenged Sevenfold

Celis
02-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Simply my favourite band. I'm highly anticipant on their new album coming this fall (supposedly). They've changed so much from album to album, each time sounding amazing. I kinda miss the metalcore sound they had, but I'm loving the classic metal sound they now have too.
Favourite new song: Seize the Day (City of Evil album)
Favourite old song: Remenissions (Waking the Fallen album)

Scarlet Wings
02-10-2007, 10:01 PM
They have a really good drummer, but I just dont think they're that good as a whole.

MetalIsEternal
02-11-2007, 01:24 AM
i love a7x. they get into it; you can really tell they enjoy what they do. i recently learned the solo to seize the day (i still gotta work out a few mistakes and stuff but its pretty good considering ive only been playing for a year) not that anyone cares. anyway...great band.

Desolate
02-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Yes, sometimes. Yet, they don't have the vocal as some of them. (Don't tell me I'm Simon.)

Ryth
02-26-2007, 06:39 PM
I am literally unable to stand these guys. I get sick. I hate them.

Slumber
02-26-2007, 06:43 PM
I've heard the singles off of City of Evil (Bat Country, Sieze the Day, and Beast and the Harlot). The only one I somewhat like is Sieze the Day (because it reminds me of Guns 'N Roses). The band's guitarists are both talented, but the really hate the frontman's voice.

iRevo
02-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Thank you Celis for postign this topic. I have been waiting for this.
I sued to like this band,but I got sick of them except for: Bat Country, Seize Day,B&H.

Tsuna Kadiri
02-27-2007, 06:27 PM
I don't get them. Never did, never have, never will, I don't even want to try to get into their music.

There's just something about them I seriously don't like.

Marionette Kadaj
03-03-2007, 06:31 PM
what's funny about this topic is that I'm so totally wearing Avenged Sevenfold gloves but I didn't even know it was a band. When I bought the gloves, I thought it just said "Avenged" on both gloves.
whoops.
But then I heard them and they're pretty cool.. heh heh heh

Light Buster
03-04-2007, 11:13 PM
what's funny about this topic is that I'm so totally wearing Avenged Sevenfold gloves but I didn't even know it was a band. When I bought the gloves, I thought it just said "Avenged" on both gloves.
whoops.
But then I heard them and they're pretty cool.. heh heh heh
that's funny and ironic at the same time

Yttrium
03-05-2007, 04:46 AM
Avenged are great^^ I really like them, though i can understand if you don't, as know one else i know likes em.....
Semi off subject, id read the Chrno Crusade manga and thought Beast and the harlot would go awesomely as a music video (i thought the anime would pretty much be the same as the manga)..... but then i watched the anime and it was like totally different, i wasn't very happy..... I almost stopped listening to A7x

Jose
03-05-2007, 09:12 AM
I think thier okay i like Bat Country I think that's what its called

Masali
03-10-2007, 12:45 AM
They're music is terrible, I won't lie...

but they're guitar player...is so....friggen...GOOD. I mean, he can harmonize like NO other. He might just be a musical genius, a guitar genius of John Frusciante caliber.

Jagan Eye
03-15-2007, 06:34 AM
I haven't heard much of thier music. I didn't like Bat Country...at all. Seize the day and Beast and the Harlot were good though. The music viedoes were also good.
As Masali said, their guitar player is AMAZING! I love it!

Panique
03-15-2007, 09:44 PM
At times I like A7X, and at other times I can't stand them. I suppose it all depends on the mood I'm in. -Shrugs-

I will, however, have to agree that Synyster Gates is simply an amazing guitarist. Heh...right now I'm listening to Beast and the Harlot (Probably my favorite song by A7X) and the intro just blows me away. oo;

The vocals aren't bad, but they're not the greatest, either. M. Shadows has his own unique sound, and that was a big plus. Most of the bands nowadays all sound alike, and I for one prefer to listen to music that has its own style, and A7X does.