PDA

View Full Version : Dragonforce

Celis
02-10-2007, 09:09 PM
These guys have some of the best guitar solos I've ever heard, and ZP has a neat voice ^_^. My favourite song by them is probably Lost Souls In Endless Time. Anybody else listen to these guys?

MetalIsEternal
02-11-2007, 01:19 AM
through the fire and the flames, operation ground and pound, and storming the burning fields are my fav songs by them. i like how they do their vids with the zoom in box thingy during the solos. great band.

Okita-Kun
02-14-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm honestly just getting into them. I love what I've heard though that is only three songs (The Valley of the Damned, Through the Fire and The Flames, Flame of Youth). They sound like a combination of Slayer and Iron Maiden to me. Which is not at all a bad thing.

I just downloaded a few songs. Lost Sould in Endless Time, Storm the Burning Fields, and Where Dragons Rule.

I'm starting to really love this band. The guitarists are really good.

Ryth
02-14-2007, 04:20 PM
I just got their Inhuman Rampage album (and is my first Dragonforce album) and I'm enjoying it a good deal. Not the best metal I've ever heard, but I think it satisfying.

iRevo
02-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Its been awhile since i listen to these guys, I like Through fire and flames and the guitar solo

Thanks to these guys one of my friends is now liking metal

Masali
02-18-2007, 08:34 PM
I love/hate them. I love their guitar work. As a guitar player, you can't help but go "wooowwwww" when you see or hear them. But then again, they get really samey after awhile and start becoming repeatative and boring to listen to. Bloody brilliant guitarists though.

Ryth
02-19-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm going to have to share that sentiment with Masali, after more thoroughly listening to Inhuman Rampage I can say the guitar work will leave you stunned, but it gets a little too repititious and starts to all blend into each other.

bttr
02-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Fire and flames was the best^_^.

BiggSam
02-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Its been awhile since i listen to these guys, I like Through fire and flames and the guitar solo

Thanks to these guys one of my friends is now liking metal

Seriously, that solo is insane
I have a friend who tried to play it, but he just messed up.:banghead:

Tetsanosuke
03-14-2007, 05:06 PM
I quite enjoyed their themes, as repetitive as they were they are like the RPGs that I so adore. They brought me so much inspiration in poetry and Role Playing and such, I absolutely adore that stuff.

They just plain rock as well, I say at least.

MomijiTMO
05-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Ok here is my run down of DragonForce:

Absolutely phenomenal musicianship - the guitars and drumming.

Who else has blastbeats in a guitar solo?

BUT

The vocals suck and there is no focus in their music. Sure they can play their instruments but I see little or no skill in their song writing ability. There is no melody which is important in Power Metal too. I am another Power Metaller who dislikes them for these reasons BUT still listens to their music for the amazing guitar work.

So 50/50 :laugh:

Lunafreya Fleuret
05-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Fire and Flames by this band was rated best on another site that I had recently been visiting. O.o; So I'd suppose it's alright to listen to. But still, I wouldn't say it's all the best.

GaiSensei
05-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Sick band. >D

I love Cry for Eternity, Black Fire, and Fields of despair. Probably my favorite songs out of all of them.
Personally, I don't mind the retro-esque 80s-sounding vocals.

And the speed of their guitars = Total flamefest

spleeee!
05-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Seriously, that solo is insane
I have a friend who tried to play it, but he just messed up.:banghead:

well of course, i dont think anyone could play something that awesome other than them without dedicating their whole life to it.

DRAGONFORCE RULES!!!!!!!!! i love their guitar solos,best i've heard yet

Gaarademon
05-24-2007, 07:29 AM
oh yeah i listen to the there one of my favorite bands out there right now
i have ther inhuman rampage cd...its awesome :D
operation groud and pound is my favorite song...for now

Annik
05-25-2007, 11:16 PM
Hah. I didn't think anyone but my crazy friend liked this band. Er. Wait, maybe he isn;t the one that likes Dragonforce. I know he likes Power Quest and another band, but I can't remember if he likes this one or Master Plan (I don't even know if that's the name of the band)...

Well, I find Dragon Quest amusing anyway, but I don't have more than one or two of their songs.

Amix
05-26-2007, 01:43 AM
Yeah, this band has some awesome guitar solos.. I mean come on! How many fingers do these guys have?! Like 20 or something?! They're so fast and so good. But then again, they could just be doing alot of hammer on's and pull off's. But my favorite song from them is "My soul will go on." I think that's what it's called. But they're really good.

Masali
05-26-2007, 10:17 AM
they could just be doing alot of hammer on's and pull off's.

Sweeps and speed picking, actually.

Dream_Empress
05-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Boring.

They are talented musicians who can't come up with better riffs for each song. The songs sound the same and are very repetitive. Hell talent is great but when creativity is not there then what is the point?

I saw them live twice and they are great live but I get bored after awhile.

Neal Raven
05-30-2007, 06:52 AM
a brother of a friend of mine recently introduced me to some of their songs
they're a bit too soft for me most of the times, but they got some neat songs too

Tempest Wind
07-17-2007, 02:25 AM
I love this band. I would say its my favorite, except two things:its VERY true that they get repetitive. Also, the singer(ZP Theart I think his name was...) is like a theme song from.....Pokemon:Bad sound, and the lyrics make no sense lol. Otherwise, this is a excellent band to listen to.

Hamashimura
07-17-2007, 04:21 AM
More info would be appreciated,but wth...
Yes,I know about them,and I love them...
Dragonforce has awesome rhytm,solo's are awesome...
Theart's voice is beautiful,and their lyrics are great too,somewhat fantastic and epic ^_^
My favorite songs would be Fury of the Storm,Black Fire,Through the Fire and Flames,Valley of the Damned...

@ Tempest Wind - Their lyrics make perfect sense,they are supposed to be epic/fantastic...

splark23
08-01-2007, 11:05 AM
the speed of the drumming in some of their songs is amazing, and i realy like some of the stuff they have done. i like valley of the damned and trail of broken hearts the best, but after a while they get a bit repetitive, although this can happen with any band. give them full marks for pure talent though, some of the guitar blows my mind :eek:

JuicedUp
09-04-2007, 02:05 PM
I was blown away by Dragonforce's solos. Eventually most of their songs start taking on a similar rhythm, but they are still good. My favorite songs are Revolution Deathsquad, Where Dragons Rule, and....Starfire. Soldiers of the Wasteland is really cool, but I think they overdid it. I mean, over ten minutes of one song? O.o;;; Whatever, I'm not going to complain too much. It still is a good song, though not my favorite.

Masali
09-07-2007, 05:49 PM
they're a bit too soft for me most of the times

Obviously he didn't pick a very good song.

DarkSword
10-12-2007, 05:33 AM
they're a bit too soft for me most of the times, but they got some neat songs too

I agree with you, Dragonforce is not metal to me...they sound need to be more hardcore. And for the person who say ' Dragonforce is a bit too soft for me' , U are HARDCORE..u problably listen to Black Metal and hate
Dragonforce as a shitty Power-metal/Heavy-metal... band. THey suck..
And about the awesome guitar solos - i hate them...I prefer buckethead's mind-bending solos,,,,and his ballad- whitewash

Light Buster
10-12-2007, 02:31 PM
I agree with you, Dragonforce is not metal to me...they sound need to be more hardcore. And for the person who say ' Dragonforce is a bit too soft for me' , U are HARDCORE..u problably listen to Black Metal and hate
And about the awesome guitar solos - i hate them...I prefer buckethead's mind-bending solos,,,,and his ballad- whitewash
Buckethead's Jordon on GH2 is extremly diffricult I agree. Someone said in my PE class that Dragonforce's Through the Fire and Flames is twice as hard as Buckethead's Jordon. I kind of believe it but I never tried it so....

Famahama
10-12-2007, 02:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRQE3xKZXjM

Very Hard. Very. Hard.
Go try it. Im still noob. Anyways, i like this song. not much vocals though.

Light Buster
10-12-2007, 11:06 PM
;1868321']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRQE3xKZXjM

Very Hard. Very. Hard.
Go try it. Im still noob. Anyways, i like this song. not much vocals though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZutgOyA9EY

Same here.

realms89
10-30-2007, 03:31 AM
dragon force was cool back in 2003 when i got their first cd "Valley of the Damned'' but now well their just whoring themselves out their way to overrated

Snarf103
12-26-2007, 03:44 AM
i like dragonforce, especially the guitar solo's in through the fire and in flames

-Kitsune-
01-18-2008, 05:17 AM
I was first introduced to this band through Guitar Hero 3, their song "Through the Fire and Flames" is unlocked when you beat the game. I love the fast pace of their songs and the guitar solos ^.^

By the way, they say that if you can beat Through the Fire and Flames on Guitar Hero on Expert level, you've mastered the game. Congratulations to any of you who have >.>;;;

Guerrera
01-19-2008, 05:23 PM
I was first introduced to this band through Guitar Hero 3, their song "Through the Fire and Flames" is unlocked when you beat the game. I love the fast pace of their songs and the guitar solos ^.^

By the way, they say that if you can beat Through the Fire and Flames on Guitar Hero on Expert level, you've mastered the game. Congratulations to any of you who have >.>;;;

I'm starting to think it's virtually impossible to keep up with these songs.

Oh yeah, I'm officially hooked on Storming the Burning Fields and Operation Ground and Pound.

-Kitsune-
01-19-2008, 05:33 PM

Yeah, the highest I can go on Dragonforce's song is on Medium and just barely get a score of 4 stars =/ Anyone who can do that stuff on Expert is... inhuman x_x

gaburieru
01-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Well thay have made a few good song yes... But their live performances are just so lame. The sound is just not right.

lightyagami
01-21-2008, 12:40 AM
TTFAF FTW!

Guitar Hero/ Dragonforce rock!

Ichiro Matsuchani
02-04-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm not a big fan of metal, but I generally find Dragonforce pretty tolerable. I didn't even know about them until GH3, though(Seeing as they have one of the hardest songs in the game)

kale
02-06-2008, 05:56 PM
through the fire and flames all the way! i even have it on my iPod!

Gaarademon
02-26-2008, 08:40 AM
I kinda got alittle sick of them now I heared them too many times from headbangers ball to Guitar Hero 3
But I dont completely hate them
I listen to them still sometimes when im in the mood to hear crazy solos

.-Himura-Kenshin-.
02-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah gotta love the 6 minute guitar solo's :p I have a few of their songs including Through The Fire and Flames.

ComposerOfRequiems
02-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Present.

No, but it is hard.

Well thay have made a few good song yes... But their live performances are just so lame. The sound is just not right.
They suck live because they can't play as fast as they do on their records. They use computers to digitally speed them up and make them higher in pitch. True story.

DaSOCOM
03-01-2008, 12:19 AM
I really do like their speed-metal sound, it freakin rocks. Also, a lot of their lyrics appeal to me, when i can understand them.

If you like Dragonforce you might like:
Stratovarius
Firewind

Firewind has a similar, albeit slightly slower, sound and Stratovarius is an older but still thrashing Speed Metal band from Norway.

Peace,
DaSOCOM

The Nightingale
03-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah I have xD
I love there song through fire and flames, and fury of the storm.
they are awesome, though songs are slightly long ^^

MetalKnight
04-29-2008, 05:02 PM
I love/hate them. I love their guitar work. As a guitar player, you can't help but go "wooowwwww" when you see or hear them. But then again, they get really samey after awhile and start becoming repeatative and boring to listen to. Bloody brilliant guitarists though.

Repetitive eh? Check out their Greatest Hit's Album (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIleK5CRcjo), their awesome guitar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ch8CYgH-tQ&feature=related) work will blow you away. ;)

Seriously though, it's alright music to pass when your playing WoW... But it really does get boring when you listen to it repeatedly and attentively.

Velvet_Nightmare
04-29-2008, 07:01 PM
In my opinion, Dragonforce gets kind of old. Plus of all their songs seem to follow a pattern:

Intro, Verse, Chorus, Verse, Chorus, Solo, Solo...Solo...Solo...Bridge, Chorus, Outro.

Also, they don't really perform well live, and if I'm not mistaken, they had their guitars unplugged during a G4 performance.

But, they can be fun to listen to once in a while, and on Guitar Hero.

Pent
04-30-2008, 09:03 AM
The solo in TTFAF is utterly insane...but awesome :p

InsultToInjury
05-02-2008, 07:06 AM
I know this will sound terrible but their song have too much in them for me to listen too. Solos and complex guitar parts that just makes me want to switch them off, but if your into the whole epic 6min guitar solos they are a very talented band musically, just not my cup of tea to listen too.

Amray
05-02-2008, 11:25 AM
They sung that song "Operation Ground and Pound" or something did they not? That was a pretty good tune.

The Nightingale
05-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Through thr fire and flames, was the first one I heard, and still my favorite, I love their guitar solos. On GH, the song is insane rofl

.Seth
05-04-2008, 08:50 AM
You, my friend, are a rebel without a cause. "Dragonforce is not metal to me"? Metal itself refers to the instrumental style. The vocals and such add on the previous word. A less common term for the music you're describing is "MetalCore". If you only like Black/Death Metal and hate everything but, then I really see no reason for you to post here. If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all. But I guess you are entitled to your opinion... :unsure:

Awesome band. I have no clue how they play so fast being drunk though.:eek:

daft
05-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Dragonforce is cool for about three minutes.

Drifter Uk
05-12-2008, 01:20 PM
dragonforce is good, especially the insane solos. i just listened to 'soldiers of the wasteland' by them, it was immense!

Cloud.
05-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Whenever I hear someone talk about DragonForce, it's always the butt of a joke.

Just listened to "Through the Fire and the Flames", and they sound like a joke band. Sure, they have skills with the guitar, but their sound is way too retro to enjoy.

Ehsivar
06-15-2008, 03:19 AM
All three of Dragonforce's releases are basically one long, sped up song. They lack talent and originality, and they aren't as good as they claim to be when seen live. Their only good song is Starfire, and it sounds drastically different from the rest. It probably took them days to think of it.

Drunk_Squid
07-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Dragonforce? They are okay. ;)

M.X.
07-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Here's the thing about Dragonforce: The first time you hear, you're like "Wow! They play so fast! They're AWSOME!" But then, you start looking at their song writing, their albums as wholes, and you realize, it's ALL THE DANG(you know what I meant) SAME. The tempo is always: very fast
the vocals are always: very high
the guitars are always; very fast with a 3 minute solo every friggin' 5 minutes!!! (hyperbole, but you know what I'm talking about).

They seem awesome at first, but when you look at other power metal bands, like DivineFire, Vicious Rumors, and Viper, you see that not only has this stuff been done before, but it's been done a LOT better.

Dark Wolf 09
07-09-2008, 05:21 PM
YOU are talking to the number one Dragonforce fan here, I listen to them everyday. Constantly never stop listening to them, their songs never get to old, or get to new. That's what I like about them, all the new bands from like..Metallica come up with new stuff, and they say, "Wait..That's a song from Enter Sandman!" and all you people think that, "Omg, Through the Fire and Flames=Same songs over and over again." That what gets me mad, I don't get it! All bands hide behind special effects, and awesome guitar solos. This is the same thing like DragonForce with only better special effects, and retro noises.

I love Inhuman Rampage CD, and Valley of the Damned CD, and Sonic FireStorm CD, I have them all. My first song that I listened to was Operation Ground and Pound that I saw in VH1 I was like, "Nooooooo waaay!" then after a few days without listening to them, my friend Jarred at school kept on saying, "Hey, dude. Did you listen to Dragonforce?" and my idiotic saying, "No, I never did. Who are they?"

Because I saw them on a Sunday before I went to school xD; Which is kinda humorous, but anyways. They're mostly influenced by gaming noises, and sound effects, and speed. ZP theart is amazing vocals to it, Herman Li. Is godly than Sam xD plus I like his hair.

All you people who say, "OMG Through the Fire and Flames is the best song!" No, no. No. You play it on Guitar Hero III. <I listened to them before Guitar Hero III; They were thinking strategically to promote their Inhuman Rampage CD> The best song they ever played was "Revolution Deathsquad" although my favorite song, and my theme song is "Soldiers of the Wasteland".

Summary:

This band is great, all over all. August 25th in America, U.K. and all over the world, Augest 20th in Japan is the new release of Ultra Beatdown. GET IT, BUY IT, Adore it!

(There, rant over. :) )

LadyAssassin
07-09-2008, 05:56 PM
I think they're an awesome band, I couldn't resist the solo's >.< lol

zomgpwned
07-13-2008, 01:50 AM
All about Through The Fire And Flames. Guess I just like it because of Guitar Hero...

xgcharlottex3
07-13-2008, 03:17 AM
dragonforce is alright i guess but sevendust is better

xXSpazzyXx
09-10-2008, 03:30 PM
I like Dragonforce, don't get me wrong, but I think they overdo their guitars waaay too much...Herman Li plays so fast and so technical, he can't play it right half the time! Great band tho...ZP's vocals are amazing...

Memento Mori
09-10-2008, 04:06 PM
These guys have some of the best guitar solos I've ever heard

You're joking, right?

ANYWAY.

I have listened to Dragonforce.

Here's what I have to say about them:

Every. Song. Is. The. Same. Thing.

Every single song has nearly the same beat, same style, same everything.

They seriously need to start thinking of something ELSE to play.

Sure, that beat is good, but it gets so old!

Diocletian
09-10-2008, 05:18 PM
My opinion is they suck.I'm tired of the Guitar Hero kids thinking that's good rock.If you want good rock take a sniff of Stratovarius and Axenstar.THAT is good power metal.

Dr. Evil
10-14-2008, 11:48 AM
I honestly believe they are repetitive. That doesn't mean they suck. They are way better than most of us DREAM of ever being!! I enjoy the solos a lot(being a guitar player myself) Li is brilliant and their lead vocalist is pitchy, but he works for them well. "Revolution Deathsquad" is a good song and so is TTFAF. ''Trail of Broken Hearts'' isn't bad either. I haven't heard their new stuff yet so I'm eager to hear their 'new' songs. All in all, DragonForce is a fun, exciting band that will be famous for a long time.

Jimbow
10-16-2008, 02:25 PM
it's an alright band but not for too long ><

Cathastrophe
10-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Well, Um. I wanna see one of you guys play their solos. They may be a lil bit with the monotone nature (Referring to most of you) But each song has a different rhythm with the same tempo.

Play one song. Then criticize. At least play a solo. Then criticize. Let them repeat their monotonous ways, they are the ones who sold more than half a million CD's on the "Inhuman Rampage" album alone. Worldwide. Not you.

And they have fun making their songs, they don't play to please you guys.
And yet still sold more then half a million.

YOU are talking to the number one Dragonforce fan here, I listen to them everyday. Constantly never stop listening to them, their songs never get to old, or get to new. That's what I like about them, all the new bands from like..Metallica come up with new stuff, and they say, "Wait..That's a song from Enter Sandman!" and all you people think that, "Omg, Through the Fire and Flames=Same songs over and over again." That what gets me mad, I don't get it! All bands hide behind special effects, and awesome guitar solos. This is the same thing like DragonForce with only better special effects, and retro noises.

I love Inhuman Rampage CD, and Valley of the Damned CD, and Sonic FireStorm CD, I have them all. My first song that I listened to was Operation Ground and Pound that I saw in VH1 I was like, "Nooooooo waaay!" then after a few days without listening to them, my friend Jarred at school kept on saying, "Hey, dude. Did you listen to Dragonforce?" and my idiotic saying, "No, I never did. Who are they?"

Because I saw them on a Sunday before I went to school xD; Which is kinda humorous, but anyways. They're mostly influenced by gaming noises, and sound effects, and speed. ZP theart is amazing vocals to it, Herman Li. Is godly than Sam xD plus I like his hair.

All you people who say, "OMG Through the Fire and Flames is the best song!" No, no. No. You play it on Guitar Hero III. <I listened to them before Guitar Hero III; They were thinking strategically to promote their Inhuman Rampage CD> The best song they ever played was "Revolution Deathsquad" although my favorite song, and my theme song is "Soldiers of the Wasteland".

Summary:

This band is great, all over all. August 25th in America, U.K. and all over the world, Augest 20th in Japan is the new release of Ultra Beatdown. GET IT, BUY IT, Adore it!

(There, rant over. )

A perfect example.
Inspite the said repetition in their songs coming from this band. They still managed. More then these secondary non-unique styled bands, nowadays.

-Goes to play GH3-
MUWHAHAHA.

GalaxyMan
10-17-2008, 11:52 PM
I like them too. Although I do wonder, how many of you have played the new Dragonforce Pack on GH3? I saw a couple of people try it, and was blown away by the hardness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW_krC3GCRw

Example, also my favorite song of their's.

Dark Wolf 09
10-18-2008, 01:14 AM
For those who say Dragonforce sucks live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQUzVeaAHD0

Enough said.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-18-2008, 01:28 AM
For those who say Dragonforce sucks live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQUzVeaAHD0

Enough said.
That only confirmed for me something I already suspected. The only thing worse then listening to Dragonforce is listening to Dragonforce in a room filled with Dragonforce fans.

Dark Wolf 09
10-18-2008, 01:30 AM
That only confirmed for me something I already suspected. The only thing worse then listening to Dragonforce is listening to Dragonforce in a room filled with Dragonforce fans.

Lol I know right? But they're great live! I can't wait to go into the US tours. I got my tickets pre-ordered.

Diocletian
10-18-2008, 06:54 PM
What's the point of sounding good live if you can't sound good in my Zune?