PDA

View Full Version : forum stuff! i need your help!

Daenerys
02-09-2007, 01:44 PM
I need feedback on some things.

I know I haven't been very up to date on some avatar contests, so I wanted to ask if these ideas are good ideas.

When you enter an avatar contest, you have to promote it, get people to vote/join (not vote for you, =p) put a link in your sig. Things like that.

Someone besides me can run an icon contest. IE: you submit them to them, and they do what I do.

Like just give me ideas and stuff. I wanna try doing new stuff.

Ωmega
02-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Posting links would work, but theres a limit of space in the sig boxes now. If it goes over, it just gets cut off (no scrolly bars). But then again, you would get submissions from actual graphic artists instead of n00bs...
I guess it could work.

As for the 'run your own icon contest', I would suggest getting your approval first. Otherwise it can get pretty messy.

Daenerys
02-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Oh well yeah, that'd be an obvious thing, having to have my approval.

But yeah I keep getting people submitting stuff that doesn't belong to them.

KuroTan
02-21-2007, 01:03 AM
promoting your own avatar seems like a good idea.^^

as for people running their own contests, i agree with the first suggestion that they get your approval.to add to that, id suggest that you draft up maybe a few points of rules that would never change for each contest such as

-no stealing or
-must be 100x100 px

or sumthing to that effect.hope that helps.^^

-Shizu-
03-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Hm. Sounds fun, :P.
Also. YAY FOR GRAMMAR.

Kaikou
03-30-2007, 09:20 PM
I think letting other run it will be good for this part of the forum and you. That way there can be more options and stuff.

sorry my opinion isn't much. D:

Vintniv
04-24-2007, 02:29 PM
How about a contest on a animated avatar? That would be fun.