PDA

View Full Version : A Perfect Circle

iRevo
02-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Since there are many Tool lovers out there,I might as well make A perfect Circle topic.

so what do you like about them? fave songs?Fave moments?

here are mine: There are a alternative rock band, they are also Tool's side project( like Stone Sour-Slipknot, Pinkly Smooth-A7X and so forth.). Fave songs:Judith,Orestes,Hollow,3 Libras,Imagine,Noose,Blue and more. Well i have no fave moments (sorry)

FACTS:

Maynard's hair is a wig,he is bald.
Judith is dedicated to maynard's mom, who is diagnosed with cancer
The band's name is based on many things.
This band has been disbanded.It has only lasted for three years

_-Midnight-_
02-08-2007, 06:42 PM
pfft the only rerason apc were made was cos tool couldnt make albums together aside from that tho 3 libras is a good song

Ryth
02-08-2007, 09:23 PM
I like A Perfect Circle, I have Thirteenth Step and eMOTIVe. Good stuff. :)

Abstract Me
02-08-2007, 10:07 PM
I adore A Perfect Circle! They are the band that got me really into music - real music, as in loving music for the artistic and meaningful part of it. Before APC, I mostly listened to music like I inhaled - I didn't think much of it, I just did it. They are the band that opened my eyes and taught me music can be so much more than a catchy tune.

I love just about every song of theirs, but my absolute favorite songs are between: Rose, Orestes, 3 Libras, Weak and Powerless, The Noose, The Outsider, The Nurse Who Loved Me, Pet, and Passive.

Judith is dedicated to maynard's mom, who is diagnosed with cancer

Actually, I believe the song was written after her death.

pfft the only rerason apc were made was cos tool couldnt make albums together

Er, if you ever heard anything beyond what the radio had playing of them, maybe you'd listen more. Gah, I can't stand it when people bash APC because they think Tool is far superior. They are different, yes, but both have great music of equal value.

Ryth, you should rush to get Mer De Noms! Without Mer De Noms, you're missing a very beautiful part of APC.

And I didn't really like eMOTIVE. I guess I like original work rather than covers.

Ryth
02-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Trust me, I've been searching for Mer De Noms. xD eMOTIVe didn't strike me as all that great either.

Personally, I do prefer Tool (maybe due to my lack of Mer De Noms xD), but I can still enjoy APC, it'd be silly for me not to. It's all music, and I can enjoy it all the same.

Fragile.Dreams
02-09-2007, 12:19 AM
I heart A Perfect Circle.
Thirteenth Step and Mer De Noms are excellent.
I'd love to see them live...
If they are as good as Tool are live, it would be superb.

Anyone seen them live?

Ryth
02-09-2007, 06:54 AM
I haven't and we may never get to. APC went on hiatus last year, they may or may not break up, we'll have to see.

Okita-Kun
02-09-2007, 09:56 AM
I've never been to a concert but I have seen videos of them live and they are excellent.

I honestly haven't heard much of A Perfect Circle other than what's been on the radio. However, what I've heard has been excellent. But how could it not be. It's Maynard. One of the greatest musicians of all time.

I don't think Judith was written after Judith Marie Keenan's death. She suffered from a stroke and was paralyzed for the rest of her life. It sounds to be like this song was written as she was suffering. Wings for Marie Pt I and II (for those of you have haven't heard these songs I highly reccomend them, they are the best songs on 10,000 Days in my opinion) were written after her death.

Abstract Me
02-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Personally, I do prefer Tool (maybe due to my lack of Mer De Noms xD), but I can still enjoy APC, it'd be silly for me not to. It's all music, and I can enjoy it all the same.

In truth, I do prefer Tool as well, but I think to ignore anything Maynard once you've listened to Tool is a pretty dumb move. He's a genius.

I don't think Judith was written after Judith Marie Keenan's death. She suffered from a stroke and was paralyzed for the rest of her life. It sounds to be like this song was written as she was suffering. Wings for Marie Pt I and II (for those of you have haven't heard these songs I highly reccomend them, they are the best songs on 10,000 Days in my opinion) were written after her death.

Gah! Actually, what I was trying to say was that she has already died. Sanousuke made it sound like she's still alive. And I love Wings For Marie! They are the best songs on that album. :D

Okita-Kun
02-11-2007, 12:43 AM
In truth, I do prefer Tool as well, but I think to ignore anything Maynard once you've listened to Tool is a pretty dumb move. He's a genius.
I agree. Maynard is a truly great musician and so are the rest of Tool, and A Perfect Circle for that matter. Billy Howerdell is a good guitarist and Paz plays good bass. I really would like to hear more of A Perfect Circle. Maybe I will buy 13th Step someday.

I really wish that the Tapeworm project had worked out. There were some fantastic musicians involved in that project.

Abstract Me
02-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Tapeworm! Aw, man. Trent Reznor + Maynard James Keenan? How could you go wrong? :D

Slumber
02-11-2007, 09:15 PM
I havn't heard muh from them. Although, considering James Iha and guys from Nina Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age played with them, I think I should look into some of their work

Tsuna Kadiri
02-13-2007, 06:46 PM
I love APC. I think their music is amazing. I was addicted to Mer De Noms and Thirteenth Step for the longest time. Though I think anything Maynard does is great. He could probably come out with a square-dancing polka trio band and I'd still love everything he's done.

And if I had to choose between APC and Tool, it would be close but I think I'd pick APC. Just because I went backwards and listened to everything APC first, then learned about Tool's music.

Some of my favorite songs are The Hollow, The Package, Sleeping Beauty, Orestes, Gravity, Weak and Powerless, 3 Libras, and Peace Love and Understanding.