PDA

View Full Version : What does Valentines day mean to you?

Buruku
02-04-2007, 02:33 PM
I know theres a thread involving V-day, but this is different!

What does this holiday mean to you?
Is it just a day to brood over being single? (or maybe rejoice that you're single)
Is it just another excuss to get chocolate?
Do you love it and go all out and hand out Valentines to everyone?
Is it a dumb waste of time?

As for me I don't really know, to me I guess its just a special day to celebrate being with yo' sweetie.

Sailor Lunar Eclipse
02-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Another day for card sales to go up at Hallmark.

Acnologia
02-04-2007, 02:39 PM
A day to show your affection for your lover, though you should really do that everyday for a healthy relationship instead of just once a year

shikamaruluv13
02-04-2007, 02:42 PM
i think it's another holiday for me too get excited for because i love the holiday just the thoght that love is in the air but that will never happen to me for i have no one to hare the holiday with but i get excited for everyone else =(

General Ike
02-04-2007, 03:15 PM
If I'm single, a day to go Postal...
This day stresses me up, with all of the petty lovers hugging and kissing... ugh!

~Aisu~
02-04-2007, 03:25 PM
-_- personally, this holiday ticks me off. There are all my friends who aren't single, and I am, and they are with their boyfriend or girlfriend, and they are all like, "aww I love you," and they hug them, and then I'm like "aww, I love you" and hug the wall or something.

Theres someone I like, so I'm probably going to try to finally make this a good Valentine's day

Fearow
02-04-2007, 03:42 PM
For me, Valentines day is the day when I tell my crush, Zachary, that I like him. Maybe ask him out or something. Its a day for couples.

megamanx300
02-04-2007, 03:49 PM
a day that to be sad becuase everybody else has somebody execpt you =/

Korobi
02-04-2007, 03:50 PM
It's kind of a bother. I'm single. My freinds (most of them) are not. Watching my freinds making out in the hallways is disturbing. But I guess the holiday is nice for couples and I'm happy for them if I don't see them making out in front of me.

sasunarubishoujo
02-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Lots of pink!!! It burns my eyes!
Oh and the chocolate that you steal from others...that's the only good thing.

Rageling
02-04-2007, 03:51 PM
An excuse buy a present for your loved one.

LittleMomo
02-04-2007, 03:58 PM
To me it's just one special day, a day when a guy or a girl, proves that he or she are theirs? I don't know I guess that's what I think ^ ^;

Reniti
02-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Quite honestly, its just an excuse for your local stores to get a profit on candy items and raise the price for three weeks. Valentine's Day really doesn't mean anything to me now, but I can't say it won't be something for me in the future, as I am only 12, too young for a "special" someone.

Gjallarhorn
02-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Yet another reminder that I'll be graduating highschool without ever having had a girlfriend.
A day to listen to all of the girls brag to their friends about what their boyfriend(s) got them, and a day to listen to the guys talk of hopes of a lucky night.

Masali
02-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Sometimes I thank god I go to an all boys school. But that's only about 1/365th of the time. On this day, we get none of that openly. Because if the girls actually WERE there then it'd be something annoying, but since they're not it'll just be like "So hopefully I'll get lucky with my girl"

"Oh, that's cool"

"Yeah, *other topic of conversation here* don't you think?"

I don't get sore towards my friends, or mope, or anything. It honestly doesn't bother me.

harusame
02-04-2007, 06:18 PM
For people with boyfriends/girlfriends or husbands/wives it's a day to spend time with the person you love. For stores it's a day to make lots of money from selling Valentine's Day stuff.

Miyukara
02-04-2007, 06:33 PM
It's a day to give homemade chocolate (or store bought if you didn't have time to make it/ aren't good at making it) to people you care about and hope they really like it so they'll buy you an awesome White Day's gift....>.>;;;;

Sagat
02-04-2007, 06:41 PM
It's my excuse to buy some chocolates for myself on a Friday night when I'm at home watching a new dvd on my surround sound system, away from everyone that may bother me

Fear
02-04-2007, 07:15 PM
It's a day for single girls to search through the entire school for a date to the dance. To emphasize on the fact that I'm single and make me feel even more lonely on the day where I'll see couples everywhere. Also to laugh at nerds who choose to do homework instead of going out.

WhatIsAUserName
02-04-2007, 07:18 PM
To me, it means nothing. it's a waste of time, a big one at that. I simply totally ignore all the lovebirds out there. I don't brood, nor do I buy chocolates and cards. I guess that's all, really.

ThunderBird
02-04-2007, 07:59 PM
To me it's a special day treat all the women with the highest respect. Or to show how much you really love the person or for guys to speak up and tell the girl they like how they feel about them.

Music Fiend
02-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Is it just a day to brood over being single? (or maybe rejoice that you're single)
Is it a dumb waste of time?

It's usually those two (though, it is a good excuse for dumping a box of chocolates down my pie-hole <3). But, like I said in that other thread, there is one girl that sort of makes me want to partake is Valentine's Day. Actually, we agreed to both do homemade Valentine's Day cards for each other. You know, with pens, pencils, markers, construction paper, and things of that nature. She thought it was such a cute idea, and I think it is, too! So *sigh* I guess I have a little something to do on Valentine's Day...and someone to look forward to. Crud! >_<

Ryth
02-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Pretty much a waste, my girlfriend agrees as well. So I don't have to go out of my way for her. =P I treat her special everyday anyway.

When I was single, this holiday depressed me greatly with all the damn couples with their partners. D:<

OmegaSpacePirate
02-04-2007, 11:11 PM
It is just another day for me

Famahama
02-05-2007, 01:52 AM
It is just another day for me
Same here Inuyashafan2 . But if i do celebrate it i I wont celebrate it . Doesnt make much diffrence though ...

Faceless111
02-05-2007, 06:01 AM
What does it mean to me? Selective marketing.

Velvet_Nightmare
02-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Valentine's Day is another day where people get together and waste money on presents that will be worthless in a matter of days.

Baka
02-05-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm single so it's just another day. I'll send a few people an ecard but that's about it.

That's Impossible
02-05-2007, 06:07 PM
To me... wow Valentine's Day... more candy for me..
otherwise just a stupid love day.
(even now you can KINDA say i like someone at my SCHOOL)

Ωmega
02-05-2007, 06:15 PM
To me its a day to remind your friends, family and significant other that you love them

.......not to mention some of the best candy comes out around this time <_<

Jumpman
02-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Mainly all it means to me is chocolate, unless I have a girlfriend, then it means spending money. XD

The Rebel
02-05-2007, 07:44 PM
For serveral reasons, I do what I can to avoid the day. To me it's a cursed day and just a reminder of pain and lose.

Midna
02-05-2007, 08:08 PM
To me, just some day where you buy gifts for your loved one.

ChildOfTheMoon
02-05-2007, 09:10 PM
that day to me means i get to relax my ears and eyes after going to the NHRA drag races. Since I spend it by myself.

Princess Cupcake
02-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Valentine's Day is another day where people get together and waste money on presents that will be worthless in a matter of days.
I don't think it's a waste.
I love Valentines Day. It originated from Greek (or something) so it isn't really commercialized.

I think it's a day where you show people you cherish them and you care about them. I know I'd be happy if I got roses or a card or a box or chocolates or jewelery. People got to stop hate'n'. :badrazz:

Dark_Evo_ChaosX
02-05-2007, 11:28 PM
It's a way that card companies make cheap money
*As you can tell, I'm not a "lovey" type person*

Sailor Chibimoon
02-06-2007, 09:45 PM
To me, it means chocolates and those nasty confectionary hearts with corny messages on them.

Jose
02-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Nothing really
It just a day that Hallmark made to sell more cards

Eris
02-08-2007, 10:00 AM
I don't think it's a waste.
I love Valentines Day. It originated from Greek (or something) so it isn't really commercialized.

I think it's a day where you show people you cherish them and you care about them. I know I'd be happy if I got roses or a card or a box or chocolates or jewelery. People got to stop hate'n'. :badrazz:

How could it possibly get more commercialized?

Buruku
02-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Eh I'd say all major holidays are commercialized. That doesn't stop me from enjoying them though, I like having 'special days' even if its just something like V-day.

S o l o
02-08-2007, 11:10 AM
It means nothin to me >_>

Storm Strife
02-08-2007, 03:51 PM
An excuse to get people to pay a little more for things that would cost less any other day of the year.

Either that or a way for companies to boost profits quickly.

Hamashimura
02-08-2007, 04:02 PM
It means nothing to me...