PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Stories.

Melody Melancholy
02-02-2007, 03:08 PM
I know this might sound VERY childish, but have you ever encountered ghosts, or any paranormal experiences? I have heard from my friends who've encountered ghosts, or something or someone who has passed away.

The only thing that might've seen a ghost or something close to one was when I lived at my birth house. I was with my cousin and we were playing at the "park" (more like just an empty lot with grass and trees) and we got on top of one of the picnic tables. We were playing around, like most 5 year olds do, and I looked across the train tracks and I thought I saw a dog with a leash on it, and a cat that was skinnier than most. Then I went to get my cousin to see it (for some reason...Oo; ) and he just saw a junky yard with a leash that was worn out. That creeped me out because that night I looked out the front door and I saw the cat on the fence of my neighbor's.

Your time to share. ^^

Korobi
02-02-2007, 03:15 PM
I don't know if this would be considered a ghost story but I was sleeping over at my cousin's house this one time and I had this dream about two evil midgets. i woke up and looked over to the sofa and saw the 2 midgets from my dream! i thought i could still be dreaming (but i was scared so I hid under the covers and pinched myself) i looked out onto the sofa again but they were still there! i was so scared i started praying and then someone came into the room to wake me up and i jumped out of the bed and ranout the room.

now that i think about it, it's kinda funny. I don't know if it really happened or not.

xX_Why do i love you_Xx
02-02-2007, 03:59 PM
um...well i personaly have not seen or ever experinced any paranormal activty....what srry i lied i have through EVP. most of my family has seen them but i have yet to see my own...but i do have a story that my grandmother told me once....When she was in houndras *her home state in central america* she lived close to a battle field. she had this chair in a corner of a room and noone but her husband could move it.and he was always getting drunk and was bearly home......=.=; so one day she went to the town market and when she came back the chair was moved to the middle of the room.....she thought that someone broke in but nothing was missing and her dogs were asleep......then one day she heard a horse run through her lot but when she went to go see there was no hooves prints in the ground.......then after that she heard someone knock on the door usally *like all dogs do* the dogs would bark but instead they wentto go hide underneath the table....when she saw them she got mad* i don't know why* she peeped to see who was out side and she saw a hooded figure dressed in black....when she opened the door the figure was gone....then after that all the stuff in the house was beening moved she got so tried of it she called a preist to excirse the place when he did the disturbtions ceased to nothing thats my story......:unsure:

Eris
02-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Have I ever encountered a ghost? No.
Have I ever encountered something that might be interpeted as a ghost, but had a perfectly rational explanation? Yes.

Sagat
02-02-2007, 04:08 PM
When I was a kid, I insisted (and still do) that I saw auras around people, including aura silouettes of people that weren't there. Maybe Kirlian was right, maybe he isn't. Maybe it was the beginning of my insanity.

SesshoumaruOtaku
02-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Oh, the stories I could tell. Well, when I was in seventh grade, my Girl Scout troop went on a trip to Savannah, Georgia. As many people know, Savannah is widely acclaimed to be the second most haunted city in the US. I didn't know this when I got there. I was not aware of it at all. My friend and I were sharing the sofa bed in the hotel room and another girl was sleeping on the floor near us. Two others were in the bedroom next door. I have always been a night person and so has she. We were up pretty late talking (probably around 2-3 in the morning). When I go to sleep, I get under all the covers and bury myself between pillows. I've always slept this way. I was in this position while we were talking when suddenly my friend rolled close to me and started shaking me. She told me to please turn on the light. I asked her why and she told me there was a dark shape that was bending over her. I really didn't want to come out from under the covers, so I didn't. I told her that we would wake the other girl in the room and not to worry about it. She freaked out and kept begging me to turn on the light. Eventually, she reached over and turned on the light herself, then she said "It's okay, you can come out now. It's gone." It wasn't until the next day that we found out about Savannah being that way. We also found out that the hotel was built on an Indian burial ground, which could have been a load of BS, but I believe it because of what happened to me next.

The next spring, my Dad and I went on our annual camping trip to Middle Cape (the very tip of mainland Florida in the Everglades). You can only get there by boat as it is a touch remote. It was me, my Dad, and my friend Angelique. The rectangle cabin-tent was set up where I was diagonal from where my Dad slept. One night, for no reason at all, I woke up and rolled over in my sleeping bag to look at my Dad. Immediately, I knew something was amiss. At first I thought he was sticking his leg straight up in the air. But no, there was no white foot, whatever this was, it was all black. I cleared my eyes and looked over at the thing again. It was still there, tall, black, blank, but with the vague shape of head and shoulders, 'standing' directly on my Dad's pelvis. I must have looked at the thing for about 5 minutes just to make sure it was real. It was so dark and opaque, I couldn't see the wall of the tent through it. Very solid looking. It didn't have a face, but I felt strongly that it was looking at me. Then of course, I freaked out....and threw the sleeping bag over my head, and prayed. When I cautiously peeked out a few minutes later, it was gone. Middle Cape used to be home to Indians, and that is why I believe what they told us about the hotel in Savannah.

Many things have happened since then in my house, noises, fleeting glimpses of things, etc. I firmly believe that whatever it was followed me back either from Savannah or Middle Cape, or both, and has taken up residence in my house. I personally think it is a demon. Why? Well, the weird things stopped in my room after I hung a cross on my door and put one on my wall. I will still hear things in the main part of the house though and my house has an especially creepy feeling to it after dark. Shadow people suck :/

I have also had more weird happenings on Middle Cape on camping trips after that. I now sleep with a small Bible and I collect crosses. It makes me feel better.

Lesson learned? Do not mess with Indians and ESPECIALLY do not hang out where they used to live.