PDA

View Full Version : Potatos!

bethanime
01-31-2007, 06:38 PM
Here's the beef, today at our FBLA District Conference, me, my b/f, and friends were talking about potatos (is there an 'e'? i have no idea..). They said that no one hated potatoes, but I'm sure there must be at least one person in the world who doesn't like them! So I want to know! Is there anyone here who doesn't like potatoes? And also give your insight on potatoes and which kind is ur fav.! I like fried, baked, mashes, and chips. Fries...not so much!

Eris
02-01-2007, 02:20 PM
There both is and isn't an e. Both are perfectly valid spellings. And I really don't pay that much attention to potatoes, I mean, they're potatoes. It's hard to get more inconspicuous than potatoes.

Famahama
02-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah i like em' , my family likes em' and my friends like them . so i think maybe no one hates them . I just hate the way they look and peeling them . and my fav. kind is mashed and baked

Bibi of the Blue Sea
02-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Potatos are great. I love them. There so much you can do with them too. There are lots of applications for potatos and not just in cooking.

ChildOfTheMoon
02-01-2007, 02:45 PM
I like potatoes mashed, fried, and chips, I don't like them baked though. I don't know anybody that doesn't like Potatoes The potatoe is a pretty important staple for most in the world next to bread which is the largest.

Titus_Starwind
02-01-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm Irish, what the heck do you think?

they're potatoes. It's hard to get more inconspicuous than potatoes.
Exactly, couldn't have put it better myself. There's may not be anybody who "hates" them because they're not that strong of a food. I mean, maybe not someone's favorite but they still eat them.
With gravy, spices, herbs, and things of the sort, it can make potatoes taste extremely different.

sa5m
02-01-2007, 03:09 PM
I like potatoes mashed, fried, and chips, I don't like them baked though. I don't know anybody that doesn't like Potatoes The potatoe is a pretty important staple for most in the world next to bread which is the largest.

I agree, I like every kind except for baked.

Ayame_Sohma
02-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I really like eating potatoes there are nice and easy to cook with..

Faceless111
02-01-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm Irish, what the heck do you think?I don't know. I never heard of any stereotype that connected Irish people and potatoes or vice versa. So I don't think anything.

Potatoes though, are, well, potatoes. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Whatever you do to them, they're bland. I'll eat them without complaint, but I won't demand them either.

miniPhil
02-01-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm Irish, what the heck do you think?

See there in lies a problem, as a fellow irishman I know full well that many people dislike potatoes, due to the steriotipical part and the taste.
However many irish people love potatoes(as do I) so your not really telling us if you like them or not.

bethanime
02-01-2007, 04:12 PM
hehe thanks for the feedback! So far no one hates potatos. I think we picked one of the most boring subjects to talk about though! Unless one is a potato-natic! Then no offense! lol

Jagan Eye
02-01-2007, 05:26 PM
I love potatoes. Especially when they are french fries. I think everyone at some stage or another enjoyed some type of potatoe.

Korobi
02-01-2007, 06:46 PM
you know i love potatoes (of any kind)

Sailor Lunar Eclipse
02-01-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm a mashed kind of girl, but not the instant kind.

Buruku
02-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Potatoes rocks.

Edit: Oops faceless already used the boil 'em mash 'em joke so nvm.

sasunarubishoujo
02-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Potatoes are awesome, I love them! I'll eat them anytime, anywhere, with almost anything. But my favorite potato related dish has to be potato soup, it's one of the best foods ever.

bethanime
02-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Potatoes are awesome, I love them! I'll eat them anytime, anywhere, with almost anything. But my favorite potato related dish has to be potato soup, it's one of the best foods ever.
Oy my gosh! I love potato soup! I forgot all about that one!! We had some of that at school and I had two full bowls!!! (School lunches are usually nasty and I don't finish them usually) I have to find a recipe!:ninja: with my ninjas powers!

Titus_Starwind
02-01-2007, 09:28 PM
See there in lies a problem, as a fellow irishman I know full well that many people dislike potatoes, due to the steriotipical part and the taste.
However many irish people love potatoes(as do I) so your not really telling us if you like them or not.

I don't know. I never heard of any stereotype that connected Irish people and potatoes or vice versa. So I don't think anything.

I was going with the stereotype people. The whole Irish people love beer and potatoes. (both true)
Yikes. Haven't you guys seen Boondock Saints?
"Just tie a potato to a string and drag it through south Boston.."*

*I apologize for the badly butchered quote.

Princess Cupcake
02-01-2007, 09:32 PM
I don't find them bland. This thread has caused me to get a craving to eat fries even though I've already had some and now I'm drooling on the desk. Noooo! Slobber~

bethanime
02-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Haha! I found potato soup recipe (http://www.24hourfitness.com/html/nutrition/recipes/soups/soup/creamy_pot_soup/)!
Everyone loves potatoes!

Kashi Girl
02-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Potato Soup?I never heard or tasted that,I might have heard it its just that I probably dont remember.Hmm...Oh Well.

Anyway,I love potatoes!I like them boiled,fried,baked,mash,and probably more things that have to do with potatoes:laugh:.

bethanime
02-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Potato Soup?I never heard or tasted that,I might have heard it its just that I probably dont remember.Hmm...Oh Well.

I posted a recipe for potato soup in the post before urs if you wanna check it out! I like it's really good with saltine crackers! You should really give it a try!

Princess Cupcake
02-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Ew! Potato soup! I can barely stand chicken noodle, beth. Maybe I'm just picky.

bethanime
02-01-2007, 09:52 PM
lol well not everyone likes soup! I don't like chicken noodle that much either because...I never cook it all the way...~_~ And it's so thin! Potato soup is a little thicker and creamier! But remember everyone! Don't be afraid to try something new just because it's different than the norm! You won't be able to experience life to the fullest! And we all know that potatos are life! :D

Masali
02-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Potato soup is one of my favorite soups, for me. And if it were up to me it would be my main source of potatoes. But it's not...since it's up to my parents.

bethanime
02-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Potato soup is one of my favorite soups, for me. And if it were up to me it would be my main source of potatoes. But it's not...since it's up to my parents.
Aww! I would let you have potato soup if I were ur aunty!!

Faceless111
02-01-2007, 10:43 PM
I was going with the stereotype people. The whole Irish people love beer and potatoes. (both true)

*I apologize for the badly butchered quote.Yes, I have seen Boondock Saints. Great movie. Although I was a bit distracted with the killing to notice any line about potatoes.

Titus_Starwind
02-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Yes, I have seen Boondock Saints. Great movie. Although I was a bit distracted with the killing to notice any line about potatoes.
Too bad, that movie has some great one-liners.
As does Snatch.

_CTA_
02-02-2007, 03:11 AM
they're okay, i dont like it THAT much.

webby
02-02-2007, 06:03 AM
i love spuds! i love them so much i have a shirt that says "i love tater tots"

Eris
02-02-2007, 06:49 AM

*I apologize for the badly butchered quote.

On the other hand, who doesn't love beer?

Princess Minako
02-02-2007, 07:52 AM
potato gnocchis are really good.

but I don't like beer >.o blech

Eris
02-02-2007, 08:07 AM

But beer is the universal ingredient. You can use it in all cooking! ... Besides the obvious drinking of it.

bethanime
02-02-2007, 10:09 AM

I've never heard of potato gnocchis...sounds interesting though!

Kit Katy
02-02-2007, 12:23 PM
yes i like them but not much in a baked way. When they are chips, frys, and well mashed i luv them.

Light Buster
02-02-2007, 05:23 PM
They are good for me. I like mashed potatos.

Korobi
02-02-2007, 06:45 PM
I like them in any way, baked, fried, cooked. potatoes taste good in anything. They make the world go round (well, not really).

miaka yuki
02-02-2007, 09:04 PM
:awe: :wacko: i love potatoes i love mashed potato and french fries ummm. yummy i drooling right now

bethanime
02-02-2007, 09:21 PM
:awe: :wacko: i love potatoes i love mashed potato and french fries ummm. yummy i drooling right now
^^ YAY FOR POTATO WORSHIPPER! :D

[Boolean]
02-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Somewhat. I can't stand mashed potatoes without gravy...but I really love baked potatoes, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, French fries, tator tots, and hash browns.

Miyukara
02-03-2007, 05:29 PM
I really like potatoes.....>.<

Especially mashed potatoes....

and potato stew....

and baked-potatoes...

and fries....<.<;;;

harusame
02-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Potatoes are okay, I like all types except I've never had fried potatoes...unless you're talking about french fries.

bethanime
02-03-2007, 10:03 PM
I've never had fried potatoes...unless you're talking about french fries.
Ah, I can tell you're not from the deep south just from that statement! Fried potatos were my mother's dying dish wish! In french fries...well I don't really know how you cook them except in a gallon of oil (depending on the quantity of the fries of course ^^;) In fried potatoes you peel and cut potatos in rectangles, like fries except chunkier, and you apply salt and pepper to them and brown them. They taste so much better than fries! (I like crunchy crunchy crunchy! Plus you can add bacon and onions to fried potatos, and mushrooms and other things! Yum yum yum:p):elephant: they even make elephants dance! (no mouse required!)

Rageling
02-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Yay taters!

[Boolean]
02-04-2007, 12:45 PM

What're those? I never heard of 'em. Also, can anyone describe what potato pancakes taste like?

miniPhil
02-09-2007, 10:51 AM
can anyone describe what potato pancakes taste like? Potato pancakes rule, i think ill go make some now. As for what they taste like well...er...nice?

Floating Lily
02-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Ta! Is maith liom pratai, ta se go hailinn! Dith me pratai gach la. ( I couldn't find the fadas so it's spelt a little oddly).

If you are a true irish person you are born with a potato, grow up with potatoes, and know how to hunt potatoes.

miniPhil
02-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Ta! Is maith liom pratai, ta se go hailinn! Dith me pratai gach la. ( I couldn't find the fadas so it's spelt a little oddly).

Tá se sin ceat go leor, tá mo litriocht go donna. (Just hold the Alt Gr button to get a fada.)

Riina-chan
02-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Potatoes are great... I like them but not always. I like when potatoes are fried.

Floating Lily
02-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Tá se sin ceat go leor, tá mo litriocht go donna. (Just hold the Alt Gr button to get a fada.)
Geribh ( lmao phonetic gaelige) míle maith agat.

edit:just in a matter of interest. Cad atá ina conaí go hEirinn? And yeah, bhí mo gaeilge ag dona.

miniPhil
02-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Geribh ( lmao phonetic gaelige) míle maith agat.

edit:just in a matter of interest. Cad atá ina conaí go hEirinn? And yeah, bhí mo gaeilge ag dona.
Táim ó countá Muinachan. And do you mean 'Tá mo gaeilge ag dona' or like yo said 'bhí mo gaeilge ag dona' in the sense that you are now better in irish?

Floating Lily
02-09-2007, 11:36 AM
T&#225;im &#243; count&#225; Muinachan. And do you mean 'T&#225; mo gaeilge ag dona' or like yo said 'bh&#237; mo gaeilge ag dona' in the sense that you are now better in irish?Well both, I was terrible then and i'm terrible now, but the irony that I slip up on that sentence.

miniPhil
02-09-2007, 11:40 AM
ah Is aiobhan l&#237;om &#233; seo. An cheapan tu gur thuigan aon duine &#233;ile muid? (man thats really bad grammer)

Archangel Apollo
02-09-2007, 12:32 PM
mmm potatoes. The other day I tried my hand at making chips.... end result was tastey. But to be true chip I need to learn to slice them thinner. They were nice and crispy on the outside with a thin layer of soft potato on the inside

bethanime
02-19-2007, 04:15 PM
yay! Everyone loves potatoes! But I'm losing the bet! Darn! In the poll everyone says "I love them!" and "They're great!" Oh well....