PDA

View Full Version : Game Glitches And Tricks : Super Smash Brothers Melee

Kishiro
01-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Got some free time? Got at least 3 other friends, a GameCube, Super Smash Brothers Melee, 4 Controllers, and want to do something pretty cool and totally destructive?
Scroll To the bottom if you just want to see the video on YouTube.

My friends and I just did this tonight. It took a few tries to get right. You don't have to use the characters exactly the same as in the video. The essentials are as follows.

Peach on a team by herself.
A team with Fox or Falco by themself.
A team with Fox or Falco, and one additional member. (We used Ness)
Super Scope. The team with two people uses the super scope, namely, the extra person. In our case, Ness, in the video, it was Falco.

The importance of teams is so that one team mate can fire the scope past the other, so it bounces back from the opposing team with Falco. The scope shots bounce back and forth. And as you can see, starting and stopping with shooting, as well as well timed jumps from Peach causes the line to thicken.

It is important that you notice that the Fox/Falco characters have their feet slightly over the edge of their platforms. The closer they are, the easier this is.

The last and most important thing for this is obtaining super scope infinite ammo. To do it, look how Falco is shooting on the edge of the screen, with Peach close behind him, within slapping distance. Have the character that is using the Super Scope shoot 3 round bursts, 5 times, simply by tapping the A button (5 times) in succession. If you mess up and fire a small charge up shot, you'll have to get a new scope and start over. After the five 3 round bursts, do a fully charged shot (which will auto fire) twice. Then on the third charged shot, have Peach slap the person charging the super scope while it is charging, not letting the scope be shot. You should now have infinite super scope ammo. A good way to test it is simply by tapping the a button to send off 3 round bursts. If the scope still shoots a bunch of small shots, you have infinite ammo, because normally, it should be out by now.

All you have to do after this is mimic the set up in the video, and it is easy as cake. That is what we did.

Peach on the bottom, in the hole.
Loner Fox/Falco on the right (or smallest platform).
And the team with two people on the left (or largest platform).

Good luck! Hope more people can do it. It really is hilarious and fun to do.

On a side note, my friends and I were sometimes able to recover from being thrown from the hole, and run around trying to fight each other with 999% damage. I'll try to have the video we recorded up soon on YouTube. It was with Falco because he is so heavy, and his up & b move makes him a good recovery character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wgWoAslv2c

Khanxay
01-29-2007, 08:03 AM
Just curious, (and Lazy to click link...since it would take too long to buffer the video) is this the "Black hole" glitch?...based on the requisites you mentioned.

I remember doing that glitch. Our first almost sucessful try made the thing fly up in the sky. We were like "nooo!!! all our hard work leaves us!!) Then when we actually got it to work right, I started to throw random stuff in it, items, superscopes, other team, ect. If I remember correctly, we first made the game lag...horriibly...until it eventually froze the game. It's really funny when you add elements to the blackhole, like mario's fire. XD Feezing the game was the funniest part. I've never frozen a game outside of dirty/scratched discs/carts.

Ωmega
01-29-2007, 08:37 AM
That was great. Espically when people would jump into the hole and take on a large amount of damage. Its like...radish-laser death XD

Regex
01-29-2007, 09:57 AM
That's an interesting glitch, causing the super scope to have unlimited shots. I guess even HAL Labs can be sloppy.

It's funny to see how it was used though. I'd hardly call the "black hole" itself a glitch... Or a black hole. But it's funny to see.

Kishiro
01-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Yes, that's the glitch they call the "Blackhole", and I can explain why your void floated away.... Because it happened to us too a couple times.

There are two important things you need to remember when doing this. The green beam of glitched out Super Scope shots need to reach completely across from player to player in a way that it is solid and continuous, and that Fox/Falco's shields are no longer even visible in the least. If you start throwing turnips in before that, and one of the characters is moved before the beam and trick is finished, the void will float away.

Also, you have to use the right amount of turnips. At least 15. We did a couple trials of it and came to the conclusion that 15 is the magic number. Any less and the void always floated away. Also, too many more than 15 and the game will lag more, or freeze faster.

And this goes for items and people in general. The more is in the void at one time, the more likely the game will lag or freeze. Like I said, I used Ness when we were doing this, and I started throwing PK Fire in to it after they had already used 18 turnips or so. It didn't take too long for the game to freeze....
Looked cool as hell though. ;)

FarEastStyle
01-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Thats worth cleaning the dust off my SSBM to try.

elodie
02-05-2007, 04:18 PM
That was most certainly intense. Though, in the video I wish they would've thrown more stuff in. ): Seeing them jump into the "black hole" and die got boring after like three times.

Buruku
02-05-2007, 04:27 PM
I need to try this, it certainly sounds cool. (Right now I'm too lazy though.)