PDA

View Full Version : Animal Rights

Black Pony
01-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Yo do you belive in animal rights I know I do. I actully get on better with horses then with people but I do have an personal problem I rather not talk about. So what do you think.:)

www.peta.org (http://www.peta.org)

webby
01-26-2007, 01:37 PM
i've always liked my pets more than most people, i would like to think that if someone did something terrible to one (or whatever) that would have justice on there side.

pfftlecakes
01-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Animals only have rights to the point of whether or not their owners give them any. Pets and livestock are looked at as property, whether or not you agree with that. You're right, they're living creatures, but that doesn't mean that they automatically have rights.

I firmly stay in a very grey area of animal rights. I feel that animals are a part of the food chain and should be eaten by higher links, but this is really the extent.

As far as furs and the like go, I'm pretty much against it. I don't understand why we need to ruthlessly kill animals for fashion, mostly in the aspect that the fur farms throw the bodies away (while still alive, mind you) and waste all the other product that humans actually need. It's a good market, though. Nobody would waste their time if it was bad money.

The people who kill these animals, whether for food or for fashion, own them. They are property. The public has little say in the matter, aside from the ability to protest.

Titus_Starwind
01-26-2007, 05:55 PM
To be honest, I really don't care too much. I mean I'm for the humane treatment of animals.

Like I think it's messed up to leave a dog chained in your backyard in the middle of winter for hours on end, or not feeding them properly.

But when it comes to eating, clothes, and other corporate things that invovle animal I don't mind.

I just don't believe in harming an animal JUST to harm it. (Unless you're a hunter, :P. But then again I like deer meat)

rpgwiz99
01-26-2007, 07:32 PM
animals have rights too so yea

Kashi Girl
01-26-2007, 07:51 PM
I belive animals have rights too.Like I said I belive every animal plays an important part in the world.

Titus_Starwind
01-26-2007, 07:53 PM
I belive animals have rights too.Like I said I belive every animal plays an important part in the world.
yeah and that role is to be apart of my mink coat.:p

I'm kidding, I understand what you mean.

Acnologia
01-26-2007, 08:06 PM
I believe in animal rights, animals are just as alive as we are.

But I dont believe in PETA, they cause more harm then help.

Titus_Starwind
01-26-2007, 08:17 PM
But I dont believe in PETA, they cause more harm then help.
Here, Here!
Well said.

WhatIsAUserName
01-27-2007, 02:47 AM
I don't believe in harming animals for pleasure, but for pretty much everything else, I'm okay. I mean, I'm aware that animals may end up in pain for many things if they're killed in the wrong way (eg, I think for pigs, if you don't shoot their brain in the first shot, the animal's going to be in agony for a good while), but that's not because the person behind the trigger is in a "I'm bored, let's kill a cow" -type attitude. If someone does that to get their kicks, I'm firmly against that.

For me, I believe that rights are only useable as far as the thing or person in question is able to understand what they are and how to use them.

And fashion . . . I don't wear furs, but I've bunched that up with foods in terms of ethics. I mean, if animals are being killed only for their skins and nothing else is used up, that's a loss of profits for the companies.

Famahama
01-27-2007, 03:36 AM
Animals rights . Yea i support it . I've seen someone done it right in my face . I hated it . What they did ? I'll tell you they took a frog(or a toad i cant tell the diffrence)and ripped their legs apart for a few minutes and tore both of their legs off . And then throw it back into the water,Brutally.

bug
01-27-2007, 11:52 AM
I believe that the only just reason for any organism to kill another organism is for food, for a reasonable territory, shelter, and for defense.

sasunarubishoujo
01-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Killing animals for food, sport or whatever I dont really care. But when it comes to hunting endangered species, animal abuse, and poaching I dont like that AT ALL.

Regex
01-27-2007, 01:38 PM
I've been a strong player in the "animal's suffrage" movement. I believe that animals are people too, and they have just as much right to vote as we do. Who are we to decide who is in control of our nation? There is such a high population of non-human Americans, and they all deserve their say in the political situation.

Kiss of Death
01-27-2007, 02:13 PM
they must have rights! when i'm watching mowies about knights, like lord of the rings, and when dies knight and horce, i could cry for horce, not for knight

Eris
01-27-2007, 02:36 PM
The problem with animal rights is that rights come with responsibilities. The moment you give them rights, you can sue a dog for lewd behavior--walking around without clothes, or fine them for recklessness in traffic if they run across the street, and demand that they pay taxes and so forth.

International 4-8818
01-27-2007, 04:45 PM
I am for animals being treated with respect, but with peta, they go crazy about it. Don't eat meat at all, make animals not eat others. PETA is just to crazy for me.