PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day Gift?!?

jewel2sparkle
01-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Okay, I'm having a hard time figuring out what would be a good valentines day gift for a guy. Can someone help me out?

Skyla_G
01-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Oooo!! I'd love to help. What kind of guy? Someone you have a crush on? How familiar are you with him? Do you know many of his interests? I could just say chocolate... but that could be inconsiderate in some circumstances... you should find out if there's any flavor that he'd utterly drool over. Like Hot pepper or white.

You could get him a 5-10$ gift certificate for a game or movie. Or if you're really familiar with him you could get him a gift certificate of greater value to buy a game. Unless you knew a game that this guy has been looking at for a while.

Maybe make him something sweet like the girls do in anime?

jewel2sparkle
01-24-2007, 08:19 PM
He's my boyfriend. And that's such a good idea!! I could make him something!!!!

pfftlecakes
01-25-2007, 01:02 AM
Bake fudge brownies.. or pie. There are some really wonderful pies out there that I know I love, anyway. I don't know any guy who'd turn down baked goods. F'sho.

Faceless111
01-25-2007, 01:13 AM
What I would want (on V-day), as a guy, would be: food, intercourse, and sleep. In that order. And really, there's nothing wrong with giving money as a gift. I like that. It's the most useful gift I can think of.

Titus_Starwind
01-25-2007, 01:49 AM
Believe it or not, if you make us food on valentine's day, we'll be completely blown away. I like the brownie idea. An AWESOME idea, especially for younger people is if possible, breakfast in bed. Surprise them at their house in the morning if applicable. If not then showing up at their house in the morning (if they don't have to work/school) and taking them to like a Waffle House or IHOP for breakfast. (All guys can eat breakfast food at any time of the day, and we all love pancakes, it's a fact.)
If you're not the culinary type, the key on a good gift is surprise. And ultimately, is the soul of Valentine's Day. The best gift that you can buy is something small, and usually relatively cheap. Something that can relate to some inside joke the two of you share, or a memory. Did you two ever go to the zoo and when you went to see the penguins and you got so excited over how cute they were he playfully made fun of you? Get a stuffed penguin.
Sure that EXACTLY probably didn't happen but you have the idea right? Something that reminds you of a cute moment you two had.
Valentine presents are a reminder of your two's relationship. Not exactly a practical gift.

Hope I helped.
Happy Valentine's Day.

BlazingSoul
01-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Anything handmade would be good. After all the person you're giving it to knows that you really care for him/her because you worked hard for it.

examples are necklaces or bracelets.

Fetal Fetish
01-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Hand-made is good. Especially food. And maybe take him out, at least, that's what my guy friends say. ^ ^

Buruku
01-25-2007, 10:28 AM
I think its better to actually go out and do something rather then just handing him a gift and saying "happy V-day". I say go out to eat, rent/buy a movie you both want to see, and when it comes to buying him something just think about the stuff he's really into. And don't forget to cuddle the crap out of him, or something like that...

jewel2sparkle
01-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Wow! These are really great ideas!!!

Eris
01-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Rip the heart out of some roadkill.

Dark_Awakening
01-27-2007, 06:43 PM
I don't know myself. Hhhhmmmm.... Anything handmade maybe.

Celes
01-27-2007, 08:07 PM
There is one gift perfect for any occasion! A huuuuge box of ferrero rocher chocolates! Uehehehehe...

Bean Bandit
01-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Spend the day with him, and make it a special day for the both of you. If he knows your having just as much fun as he is, It will make him feel all the better. Doing something that he just likes to do, will show, because your not enjoying it with him. So plan soemthing you can enjoy also.

jewel2sparkle
01-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Sounds good! Except for Eris or whatever his face is.....i don't like your idea.

Princess Cupcake
01-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Rip the heart out of some roadkill.
Yeah, Eris, cuz everyone wants that for Valentines day.

A guy? It depends on how much money you have. If you have a lot, get him a rolex. (But if he's not cool don't do it. It'll make him feel bad.) Hint: don't get him cologne (sp?) it'll make him think he stinks. (If he does stink then go for the cologne!) I have a crush on a guy and I'm making him my specialty-- brownies. Oh, and a backyardagins valentine. Cuz it's pimp, that's why!