PDA

View Full Version : Have Lucy survived?

Hamashimura
01-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Hey...I watched Elfen Lied for the 4th time,and this thing keeps bothering me...
Who is that girl that's infront door at the end of series,when you hear clock bell?
She looks like Lucy(well,we only see shadow,but I think it looks just like her),but then it's oposite of what we see on the bridge...
Anyway,I saw Elfen Lied OVA(14th episode),but it just continues on 10th or 11th episode,I'm not sure...
So,what do you think,have Lucy survived attack on bridge,and if not who is that girl infornt of door at the end?

Crusnik02
01-26-2007, 09:26 AM
For purposes of the anime you are never supposed to know who it is, it's there to make people think. To answer your question, yes it is Lucy, a give away is that when the shadow appears the clock that hasen't worked for then entire series starts up, and since Nyu/Lucy was working on the clock it mostly symbolizes her & that they can go on with their lives.

小美ドクロchan
02-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Naturally; it couldn't be anyone else! :laugh:

Hamashimura
02-10-2007, 10:49 AM
I knew it...

chappie1989
03-06-2007, 06:07 AM
think it was her 2, never really knew but at least i could hope it was her :P

dfhellraiser4td
03-09-2007, 03:59 PM
i always thought it was her, cus last i recall the little dog was barking like he does everytime lucy is around

damn japanese always pull this kinda nonsense!!! im sure youve all seen gantz? talk about an ending that makes you wanna put a slug in your dome...nothin like two seasons worth of a 300 mile an hour train ride only to end at a reinforced concrete wall

NovaStar
03-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Alright, This is what my opinion is, I think I've got it pretty downpat.

DFHellraiser4 - I disagree with you on Lucy being there, I believe Lucy's Entity is no longer there at all, and I have several reasons for beliving so.

Number one: At the end of the series you see everyone sitting at the table Nana included, Nana is a Diclonious and does not sense anything at the end of the show. During that show: Nana ALWAYS Sensed Lucy.

Number Two: At the end of The Series, The Lillium Music Box, Stops working, however at the same time, The Clock(Which has been broken for the entire show) Begins to work.

Number Three: You see a Hail of Bullets being Shot at Lucy during the last fight scene.

But here's what gets me: is you know that Figure is Lucy, or to me? Is it?

My Theory is as follows: LucyNyu(Or Lucy/Nyu) however you want to call her, had two personalities from the very beginning of the show, it is my opinion that while the body still remains(With Lucy getting BOTH of her horns shot off) That The Lucy personality, is dead

Thus To me: Nyu is all that remains: Which would explain why Nana did not sense her. So while it may be the Figure behind Lucy it was also Nyu(and because of the Shillouette you really can't tell.

Also: Keep in mind: In The Elfen Lied Manga, Lucy is Killed(Without any Question to doubt) it's my opinion, That Lucy is indeed Dead: but Nyu still remains in tact.

There's also the Prospect of Kaede(Whom is a little known Third personality) which is a combination of Nyu and Lucy(Kaede, is a personality which comes out in the Childhood Flashback of Lucy and Kouta. I also find the prospect of the place they're living in known as "Kaede House" to promote this as well.

It's a Tossup really. but in my eyes: Lucy is Dead, and Nyu is the one behind the door.

Batz
04-02-2007, 02:22 AM
Full agreement with NovaStar.

And I loved the show.

EonKid
04-03-2007, 04:27 AM
Novastar you have it right on the money.

Atara Inferno
04-03-2007, 04:30 AM
I can't say anything... coz NovaStar explained it all.

And the show was one of the best and it was so sad.. I got really pissed at how Lucy was treated when she was young.

Hamashimura
04-03-2007, 06:00 AM
Yup...NovaStar gaved awesome explanation^^

ThE_LoST_ShaDoW
04-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Dang! Too slow again. Nova seems to beat me before I get to it lol GREAT Series and definitely my favorite.

Eraiza
04-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Novastar gave the explanation.. I knew it
But.. Related to Elfen Lied, 'twas a great anime, really sad and the ending really made me cry.. It was just so cool and dramatic..