PDA

View Full Version : Rage Against the Machine

Masali
01-21-2007, 02:40 PM
I've been listening to these guys alot lately. I dug out some of their albums I didn't know I had. I really REALLY dig this band, and unlike most I don't think Zack De La Rocha is annoying at all...I actually love his voice. Besides, they have one of my favorite guitar players, that being Tom Morello who can make sounds on the guitar I didn't know were possible. Their unique blend of Metal, Rap, and Funk make this band always interesting to listen to. If you've been paying attention to the world in the past like...12 years(??? I know they broke up in 2000...not sure when they formed) then you'd know this band. If you don't well...GO FIND OUT.

Gjallarhorn
01-21-2007, 02:42 PM
I myself have been getting back into them...mainly because I'm addicted to a track by one of my favorite DJs which Zack de la Rocha provides the vocals for. I originally got into them when I head "Guerrilla Radio" on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, and have been a casual fan ever since.

Masali
01-21-2007, 03:01 PM
I originally got into them when I head "Guerrilla Radio" on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, and have been a casual fan ever since.

hahah! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about, that's where I first knew them from too.

Slumber
01-21-2007, 04:40 PM
My cousin gave me off the CD's he had from them (all their studio albums and a live one). I quickly became a fan afterwards.Tom Morello is, no doubt, one of the most creative musicains, I've ever listen to.

Tsuna Kadiri
01-22-2007, 02:42 PM
I like them alot. Took a while for me to get into their music though. I heard Killing in the Name a few years ago and didn't like it (still don't really like that song too much) so I ignored them for awhile. One of those cases where you hear one song that you don't like from a band and forget about them, then stumble upon them again a few years later and end up really liking them after missing out on everything. I hate when that happens. xP

Favorite songs are Know Your Enemy, Calm Like a Bomb, Testify, Down Rodeo, and Kick Out the Jams.

Slumber
01-22-2007, 03:53 PM
I like them alot. Took a while for me to get into their music though. I heard Killing in the Name a few years ago and didn't like it (still don't really like that song too much) so I ignored them for awhile. One of those cases where you hear one song that you don't like from a band and forget about them, then stumble upon them again a few years later and end up really liking them after missing out on everything. I hate when that happens. xP.

Heh, that's happened with me on a couple bands. I use to not be into Pearl Jam or STP, at all, when I'd hear them on the radio. But, now they're my two favorite grunge groups.

White Wolf Of Solomon
03-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Rage is one of the best bands I know of, Tom Morello is in my opinion the best guitarist out there.
My favorite songs are,
Bombtrack
Bulls on Parade
People of the Sun
Freedom and alot more.