PDA

View Full Version : AirGear have you seen it or heard of it?

NecroGate
01-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Hi, I been wondering if anyone seen AIRGEAR or heard of it and also im sorry if this is the wrong thread to post on so sorry. Will to the main point. I really got abosred in to AirGear a few day's ago. Have anyone heard of it or seen it?

[BlackDeath]
01-31-2007, 10:58 PM
Aw I love this anime, waiting for the 2nd series to come out as I already have seen the complete first series (episode 1-25). I was sceptical when I first heard about this but I immeadiately liked it after the first few episodes and was hooked. fav char has gotta be Simca though <3

NecroGate
02-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah Same here i felt overwhelm by it. It was incredible and i love the part when Ikki does his pose and say's "put your emblem on the line" dang that give me the chill also my favorite charcter is Kazu. He is amazing!

Souhi
02-01-2007, 07:11 PM
It was an average show but...

After a rather strong recommendation from a friend, I found that the manga is superior in many ways. I've watched all 25 episodes of the released anime and found it to be solid, but the ending seemed...well bad. Rushed and they threw way too many factors into the mix without resolving everything. And the cliffhanger...gah.

I don't insult the viewers at all mind you (I'm one of them), but please do yourself a favor and read the manga. I'm only on the third volume and already find the art style alone to be superior. That and the characters. Much better development and execution.

Wicked series in any form though.

Voracious
02-01-2007, 07:34 PM
The story is cool!! i mean what do you feel if you have an airtrek!!
and the ikkikun and his friend have a nice sense of humor!!
I think the funniest people are the Pig brother and of course the main charater too!!Kazu is a funny person too!!

I think the manga is more like the Bowling king.Have anyone read of it??

Gjallarhorn
02-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Aw I love this anime, waiting for the 2nd series to come out as I already have seen the complete first series (episode 1-25).
There is no "2nd series". Episode 25 was the last episode. Just like Ogure Ito's last series, Tenjou Tenge, the anime abruptly ends and the manga continues much further into the story.

I've been into it since the manga first started up...and I got Souhi hooked on it. The manga is fantastic (Oh!Great is my favorite manga-ka), and has a great story line as well as art work. I really can't think of any flaw in the manga beside perhaps one of the facts revealed volumes 16&17 which is a bit corny.

At any rate, I though the anime was terrible. It was a horrific abomination of the manga. Between the changes in characters, events, and dialog, as well as changing character introduction and adding a great deal of censorship, it was essentially decapitated of many of the great aspects of it.
The manga is a 10/10, and I'm not even going to dignify the anime by putting it on a scale.

Souhi
02-01-2007, 08:11 PM
There is no "2nd series". Episode 25 was the last episode. Just like Ogure Ito's last series, Tenjou Tenge, the anime abruptly ends and the manga continues much further into the story.

And this is official? I've been plagued by rumors that there is a "2nd season". Not that I mind if there isn't, I'd just like a solid answer.

After watching Tenjou Tenge, I wouldn't be surprised if it did end the same way.

Gjallarhorn
02-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Yeah. Look it up on wikipedia if you like. I hang out in the IRC channel of the group who scanlates the manga, and I frequent a great number of anime/manga news sites...I get a lot of news about the series, and I have never heard anything about a second series outside of fan speculation.

[BlackDeath]
02-01-2007, 10:50 PM

I've been into it since the manga first started up...and I got Souhi hooked on it. The manga is fantastic (Oh!Great is my favorite manga-ka), and has a great story line as well as art work. I really can't think of any flaw in the manga beside perhaps one of the facts revealed volumes 16&17 which is a bit corny.

At any rate, I though the anime was terrible. It was a horrific abomination of the manga. Between the changes in characters, events, and dialog, as well as changing character introduction and adding a great deal of censorship, it was essentially decapitated of many of the great aspects of it.
The manga is a 10/10, and I'm not even going to dignify the anime by putting it on a scale.
That is disapointing to hear =( But I can't really judge the manga as I havn't read it, kinda cut back significantly on all my manga reading.

Mugetsu
02-01-2007, 11:22 PM
I never saw the anime but I like the manga. My only real issue is that sometimes they say things that make no sense or contradict themselves. But that just may be a translation issue.

I also like Kazu. I see a lot of potential with his character. A lot of development possibilities.

tobeza
02-02-2007, 05:19 AM
I never saw the anime but I like the manga. My only real issue is that sometimes they say things that make no sense or contradict themselves. But that just may be a translation issue.

I also like Kazu. I see a lot of potential with his character. A lot of development possibilities.

Same here. Never seen the anime but I love the manga. As for Kazu he's gonna improve a lot stronger than he's right now. Since Spit Fire said Kazu is one day gonna be Flame King....

NecroGate
02-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Yeah I hope he becomes the succusor of becoming the fire king and also just imagine Kazu going aginast Spitfire that would be an amazing Battle!!!

Gjallarhorn
02-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Yeah I hope he becomes the succusor of becoming the fire king and also just imagine Kazu going aginast Spitfire that would be an amazing Battle!!!

Yes, but at the moment he wouldn't stand a chance. He isn't even on Ikki's level, let alone that of a King. I'm glad that Kazu finally quit whining about how he can't keep up with Ikki, which he didn't stop from when he was chased by Gabishi until the end of the fight against Om. With that last move to pick her up from her fall, I think he has finally redeemed himself.

Saphy
02-07-2007, 12:03 AM
I think i have seen maybe...the first two episodes and then lost intrest. It just didn't seem very appelling(sp?) to me...^^;;

NecroGate
02-07-2007, 10:23 PM
you should read the Manga then.
I think i have seen maybe...the first two episodes and then lost intrest. It just didn't seem very appelling(sp?) to me...^^;;

Jose
02-08-2007, 09:34 AM
I've only the 1st episode on my newtype preview cd, i liked it looked funny

LittleMomo
02-08-2007, 09:41 AM
It's so ZAWESOME!!!!!!! xD I love it and after I watched all of that good AirGear stuff, I began to watch "AIR" , but anywho, I was recommended to watch it by my friend, and was pretty cool and he was right ^ ^b

Saphy
02-09-2007, 05:28 PM
you should read the Manga then.

Is it better then the Anime was/is?

Gjallarhorn
02-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Is it better then the Anime was/is?

Infinitely better, as I said in my previous posts. Relative to the manga, the anime was absolute garbage. Back when it was airing I would go into certain IRC channels, and the anime was treated like a really bad joke, since we all read the manga.

buhbibutterfly
02-09-2007, 06:12 PM
i've watched 'bout 5 or 6 episodes before losing interent in the anime...after losing interest in the anime i started readin the manga and i found i liked it better then the anime...another reason for stopping was cuz when air gear was coming out there was better anime coming out during that time too..

kakashi the copy ninja
02-11-2007, 11:43 AM
I've heard of it and saw one episode on AnimeNetwork

wolfgirl90
02-12-2007, 09:50 PM
I have seen it through friends and The Anime Network. I have some interest in it (meaning I will watch when it comes on) but need to see a few more to be totally hooked.

choasking
02-12-2007, 10:21 PM
I recomened to you if you like action and comedy and also perverted idea's. If you like those thing you get hook on it quick. I love that anime. GO ongiri (not sure if that's how you spell it).
I have seen it through friends and The Anime Network. I have some interest in it (meaning I will watch when it comes on) but need to see a few more to be totally hooked.

Cowboy Bebop
02-18-2007, 09:00 PM
I saw the first episode on anime network and i have to say i love it i want to watch the rest of the series

Madel5566
03-18-2007, 08:13 AM
I normally prefer reading the manga then watching the anime but in this case of roller blading, what's the point of not watching the animated series? I ejoyed the episodes very much and the idea of roller blading is awesome^^