PDA

View Full Version : Iron Shin Training

Dark_Evo_ChaosX
01-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Anyone interested in learning how to do Iron Shin Training? I'll post a link to a guide later. *I'm not going to do it right now in fear of immature people hurting themselves :P*

Velvet_Nightmare
01-15-2007, 12:05 PM
What exactly is "iron shin training?"

Manhattan_Project_2000
01-15-2007, 12:16 PM
According to Wikipedia, it is basically kicking stuff and getting hit in the legs in order to toughen them up for martial arts training.

Eris
01-15-2007, 12:49 PM
According to Wikipedia, it is basically kicking stuff and getting hit in the legs in order to toughen them up for martial arts training.

Sounded like some sort of ailment... Like trench foot, or tennis elbow.

rpgwiz99
01-15-2007, 04:57 PM

Who wants to get kicked in the legs? It sounds crazy to me.

Faceless111
01-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Monks would do this by kicking bamboo throughout the day and it actually breaks your bones, then reconstructs them stronger than they were before. I personally, feel no need to do this. But I did see on TV the two world-record holders for iron-bone training. They'd break huge piles/walls of brick and wouldn't even get hurt. Like one of them would break ten bricks with just his forehead. Ouch. Not for me.

Dark_Evo_ChaosX
01-15-2007, 09:26 PM
^your shin doesn't get kicked, you do the kicking against say, a padded tree. And faceless, you don't actually break your bones. you jsut take advantage of bone wolfes law.

Manhattan_Project_2000
01-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Well, like I said, I just read it off Wikipedia.

Iron Shin- Use a rattan stick to tap on all the areas of the shin and occasionally roll it. This can also be practiced with a partner kicking shins against one another. At more advanced levels kicking trees can be used to harden your shins

Dark_Evo_ChaosX
01-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Well yeah, that works too 2000. It's just that the tree is most effective.

Faceless111
01-15-2007, 11:21 PM
And faceless, you don't actually break your bones. you jsut take advantage of bone wolfes law.I didn't mean an actual fracture. Your bones consist of a tightly compacted osseous tissue. Iron shin training means you break this tissue and then it reconstructs itself into a stronger, denser tissue, which is how you get the "iron" in "iron shin training."

Sagat
01-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Muay thai kickboxers do this all the time but use the rubbery banana trees as opposed to a roller on the shins because the roller can produce micro fractures that will make your shins brittle with age, while the banana trees offer just enough elasticity to prevent that.

Dark_Evo_ChaosX
01-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Sagat, inform me, do Muay thai kick boxers do iron body/shirt/palm/fist/forearm also?

Sagat
01-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Do my knowledge they only really do it with their shins, the rest is all on pads