PDA

View Full Version : .hack// order?

hikaru_kaoru
01-14-2007, 06:42 PM
My sister just got some money, and she plans to buy the .hack series. However, neither one of us knows what order it's in, and we wanted to know, does anyone know what order to read it in so it's in chronological order? The only thing I know is that .hack//sign comes after the video games...

Gjallarhorn
01-14-2007, 09:23 PM
1) .hack//SIGN (series)
2) .hack//INFECTION and .hack//LIMINALITY OVA1 (video game with OVA included)
3) .hack//MUTATION and .hack//LIMINALITY OVA2 (video game with OVA included)
4) .hack//OUTBREAK and .hack//LIMINALITY OVA3 (video game with OVA included)
5) .hack//QUARANTINE and .hack//LIMINALITY OVA4 (video game with OVA included)
6) .hack//LEGEND OF THE TWILIGHT (series and manga, but a pointless series.)
7) .hack//ROOTS (series, prequel to the G.U. games)
8) .hack//G.U. vol.1 Rebirth (video game)
9) .hack//G.U. vol.2 ? (video game, not out in U.S.)
10) .hack//G.U. vol.3 ? (video game, not out in U.S.)

There is also an MMORPG called .hack//FRAGMENT, but it is not going to come to the U.S., and it doesn't contribute anything to the .hack storyline.

bug
01-15-2007, 07:54 PM
You forgot hack//roots. It comes after .hack//LEGEND OF THE TWILIGHT. Also theres .hack//fragments(video game), but it's only in Japan. Theres also the anime that came with the first .hack games, but I don't now the order. I heard that there is also an anime that comes with a special version of g.u.; I'm not sure though.

Gjallarhorn
01-15-2007, 08:51 PM
You forgot hack//roots. It comes after .hack//LEGEND OF THE TWILIGHT. Also theres .hack//fragments(video game), but it's only in Japan. Theres also the anime that came with the first .hack games, but I don't now the order. I heard that there is also an anime that comes with a special version of g.u.; I'm not sure though.

Heh.. forgot about it. .hack//ROOTS comes before the G.U. games.

.hack//FRAGMENT isn't a game like the rest. It is just an MMORPG and doesn't contribute anything to the story of .hack.

The anime that came with the first video games series was the LIMINALITY OVAs.