PDA

View Full Version : What you think of Elfen Lied?

Hamashimura
01-07-2007, 08:21 AM
How many of you have seen Elfen Lied series?
That anime is very violent,don't you agree?
I mean,I wathced it,and when I saw "that" scene a thrill went through me...
I won't give an explanation for "that" scene,cuz it's terrible...
Well,anyway,how many of you saw this anime,and what you think of it?
Come on,don't be shy...

OWNED
01-08-2007, 01:12 AM
putting "that" in quote it not right. you should have said "those" scene. and what exactly is "that" scene you're talking about?

anyways, what i thought about it? it rocks. except, the ending left me clueless and mentally crying since i can't figure out if she [Lucy or Nyuu] died or not. so i end up searching to see if there were anymore episodes. but no, THAT WAS THE END and i'm officially depress ever since. and since i can't find any other anime like it, makes me more depress.

for the love it..

Doomblade
01-08-2007, 01:27 AM
It is the most violent anime I've ever scene which isn't a bad thing I guess. I liked the ending too bad it was only 13 episodes, and they also left a couple things unexplained which annoyed me. I would not be surprised if they release another season in the future though, since it was pretty popular.

Hamashimura
01-08-2007, 03:23 AM
originaly posted by Owned
putting "that" in quote it not right. you should have said "those" scene. and what exactly is "that" scene you're talking about?

My english is not the best...Well,I cannot explain,but since you're watched it-it's the most terrified scene in anime...

And yeah,I LOVE Elfen Lied,that anime rules.I'm too was crying at end,but really anime does have unexplained things in itself...Well,as the Doomblade said,they just might release new season in future...Anyway,my opinion is that this is most sadest and violent anime I've ever seen...There really are sad scenes that had left me crying like a baby...

mysterytom
01-08-2007, 07:23 AM
I'm quite a fan of Elfen Lied as well.
I believe I know which scene you are talking about, when you refer to it as 'that scene'. When Lucy encounters Nana in the graveyard/shrine type place right?

I thought it was an anime of great extremes. There was a nice romantic love triangle going on, which really made the damage done to the main characters that more potent. The story was pretty well put together and the character development was good, so it really draws you into the characters and when something bad happens to them, you feel it so much more.
It kind of reminds me of the film 'Audition'. That was a nice innocent seeming story until towards the end, when it becomes a gore fest and the character you've learnt about and grow to like, is annihilated. Very clever direction by Takeshi Mike. :)

The violence was pretty extreme in it, but a lot of the damage done was more psychological I thought. There's a well developed back story for each character and they tie together beautifully towards the end. Its certainly very sad and I was close to tears at the end.

I think a special mention should be made of the voice actress that plays Nyuu/Lucy in the English version. She's very talented! :) I like her, sexy husky Lucy voice. :D

I've heard that there was supposed to be a 14th episode. An OVA type thing. I may be wrong though. :banghead:

Avarice_Clementine
01-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Me? I just plainly love Elfen Lied. When I firsted watched it, my friend bought it just to see what's it like. I thought it was extremely blood and graphic, but I soon fell in love with it. It's awesome!!!
I almost like it as much as Hellsing, and the plot twists in Elfen Lied are extremely well writen. It's one of the graphic, best animes out there.

Hamashimura
01-08-2007, 11:19 AM
originally posted by Mysterytom
I believe I know which scene you are talking about, when you refer to it as 'that scene'. When Lucy encounters Nana in the graveyard/shrine type place right?

Hehe,that was sooooooo sad,I was,like,wow,and almost cried... T.T
But no,that I would tell about..."That scene",um...I'll tell you this:one girl and a tube,(horrible scene,I cannot explain cuz I think admins will punch me hard cuz of bad words)now you might remember...
As for OVA thing,I haven't heard about it,but I'll look for it,it's a must!!!

小美ドクロchan
01-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Elfen Lied is an amazing series. My only regret is that stupid Yuka didn't die. She should have. She really should have. :P

Lucy rocks. =)

blaoface
01-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Its an awesome anime, probably the most graphic ive seen, (flying arms and legs + titties lololol) but the story was too short and had some holes in it

Crippe
01-12-2007, 05:23 AM
Elfen Lied is one of the best animes I have ever seen. The first episode is really good when Lucy kills all those soldiers ^^ and nyuu is kinda funny sometimes, like when she is supposed too get some water :p

ObsidianJoy
01-12-2007, 09:53 PM
I really liked Elfen Lied. I loved the violence and gore. Not to mention the fan service ;) And for only 13 episodes they did really well at making you like the characters and progressing the story. Most other anime around that amount of episodes generally dont do too well at both. My only complaint besides how short it was is that they should have had Kohta and Yuka end up together.

dfhellraiser4td
01-16-2007, 08:19 AM
easily my favorite series

Bluefox-chan
01-19-2007, 10:08 AM
this anime was only of the better animes i have seen!
i loved the triangle going on, i also cried almost all day
(my dad just said a was a big baby{i throw a pillow at him})
i was soo sad when i was over!
i miss it!
*cries*

Ja!
Foxy

jennyelric
01-27-2007, 08:08 AM
It is one of my favorites of all times. I own all the dvd's and saw the ova episode. And I read some of the translated manga by fans. Love this show so much

Akizu
01-30-2007, 04:33 PM
My favorite anime all the way. I first decided to watch it on Youtube with english subs...then I loved the anime so much that I bought the box set.
For an anime that's 50% gore and 50% nude, it actually has a plot unlike all the other animes with nudity and violence...don't get me wrong, I've seen other animes with just as much gore, but nothing compares to Elfen Lied. I love it.
Nana rocks. <3

小美ドクロchan
01-30-2007, 09:20 PM
My only complaint besides how short it was is that they should have had Kohta and Yuka end up together.

You've gotta be kidding me! They are COUSINS. That couple's terrible.:laugh: All she does is whine and hit Kouta. She has to be one of the most irritating anime girls ever...

mythroch
03-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Elfien lied was fantastic? lt me think about that for a minu...HELL YEAH. i'm not usally a gore/ ultra violence type of person. (nearly walked out of the Anime club i was watching it at during the first scene on the island.) but as i watched it and the story unfolded the blood became relevent. almost neccissary to the story. Whan am i saying, it was neccissary. Y'know i was expectin Kisaragi, Cheif Kurama's secrety, to be a major character and then she dies almos straight away. i think that shocked me more than anything.
i watch it almost exclusivly in english now because i love Kira's voice acting. love how she can jump from cute and innocent to that sultry voice filled with pain. Sanae koboyashi did a great job too but i think Kira was better.
Yes i do think they should make another series. but i'm not overly cut up about how the first one ended. i suppose i was too emotionally worn out to care at that point. is seemed fittingly amnbiguoius though.

Spectre
03-20-2007, 09:56 AM
It was one the goriest anime ever......it was awesome....

M.Acelicia
03-29-2007, 10:35 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w318/haruhifujiokafarm/hff172.jpg
i have a copy of elfen lied and i dont think it was too violent... just right i guess.. is more like it... i think the story was.. average... however... uhmm... in a way.. i really like the soundtrack... a part of me listens to it all the time and enjoys it pretty well... i guess its soothing and smooth... except for one track which totally ruins the mood with its jolly tune... ...

mythroch
03-30-2007, 02:06 AM
You mean the closing theme "be your girl."? ...yeah it does seem out of place. but then it fits too. kind of like a slap in the face after getting engrossed in the show.:p

In0kz
03-30-2007, 02:30 AM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w318/haruhifujiokafarm/hff172.jpg
i have a copy of elfen lied and i dont think it was too violent... just right i guess.. is more like it... i think the story was.. average... however... uhmm... in a way.. i really like the soundtrack... a part of me listens to it all the time and enjoys it pretty well... i guess its soothing and smooth... except for one track which totally ruins the mood with its jolly tune... ...

yea Lilium u meen? I love that one too ^^

M.Acelicia
03-30-2007, 06:46 PM
no... i meant track 12... youkou... the one with a carribean tone...

i like lilium too but i like ametsuyu, kokuu, kaiyou and shinkai best...

EonKid
03-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Elfen Lied was one of the best anime series i have ever seen.The gore was awesome.