PDA

View Full Version : Evanescence

Hamashimura
01-07-2007, 05:20 AM
I really like this band,it's awesome.I can even say that this is my favorite band...Anyone knows where's to find their never-ment-to-be-released song called You?I heard there are ppl who own it,even though that song was not public(it's made for their close friends,cousins and family),but I'd really like to hear it...
I really like them,I like all their songs,but I'll list some that I find the best:
My Immortal,Haunted,Where will you go,Exodus,Bring me to life,Before the dawn,Lies etc.
Anyway,anyone here likes Evanescence?
If you do,what do you think of them,if you don't then what do you don't like about them,your fav song,etc?
Fell free to tell anything about them...

EDIT:Not favorite anymore

Kiss of Death
01-07-2007, 02:02 PM
yea, evanescence is cool. i love her song "snow white Queen"

Ryth
01-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Terrible, absolutely terrible. I cannot stand them. Amy Lee sucks Live.

Abstract Me
01-10-2007, 09:31 PM
I like Evanescence. I always have. Their music isn't what you'd call groundbreaking or wonderfully spectacular, but it's a good listen. Their older stuff is great. My favorite song is October - such a wondeful, beautiful song! I adore it.

I've heard "You", and also have it on a cd. However, I only got it by downloading it. It's a very pretty song, but I can't listen to it more than once on account of the lyrics (kinda too low self-esteemy for me).

Their recent album didn't have much of an impact on me. "Call Me When You're Sober" is a catchy one, I like the beginning of "Lithium", and my favorite is probably "Lacrymosa". I guess I just prefer more of the Evanescence that wasn't all about "you dumped me".

The only downside to the band (to me) is the whole "goth image" thing. Amy is a beautiful woman, but I think she needs to toss the whole sterotype thing aside. Her voice speaks for itself. And yes, that style can be pretty, but it gets annoying sometimes. She has an incredibly amazing voice, and that should be first. However...

Amy Lee sucks Live.

Sadly, it's very true.

Meroko Yui
01-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Evanescence is the best! I wont forgive people who hate her!
I especially love her song, "Where will you go?" and "Lithium."

inu-papa
01-14-2007, 07:32 PM
YEAH shes a good singer her second CD sounded like halloween time, spooky and may i say her emo look is freakin sweet

Ashleigh-chan
01-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Yeah. Evanescence is...good. Some of their songs are great, some of their songs are great, and a few others are complete duds. I love their songs 'Snow White Queen' and 'Bring Me to Life.' And a few others, might I add. ^^"

sasunarubishoujo
01-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Amy Lee sucks Live.

I also must agree on that *sigh*

But otherwise its pretty good. I like her older stuff like Hello and Imaginary more then the newer songs that most people like today.

I like the name of the band as well since the first three letters spell my name. ^ ^

Masali
01-15-2007, 08:00 PM
can't stand them. Boring, repeatative sound, and she has a very annoying voice. And is simply not listenable live.

Abstract Me
01-17-2007, 07:37 PM
and may i say her emo look is freakin sweet

Um, you obviously haven't seen their style. It's more fantasy/gothic than anything else. Evanescence is without a doubt NOT emo.

But I still say they should chunk it.

kakashi the copy ninja
01-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Um, you obviously haven't seen their style. It's more fantasy/gothic than anything else. Evanescence is without a doubt NOT emo.

But I still say they should chunk it.

I agree Evanescence has never been emo ad if they did go emo thye would suck. Emo music is just rich kids complaining about how they hate their money or them selves or something. That is not Evanescence.

Melody Melancholy
01-24-2007, 08:27 PM
I LOVE the band Evanescene. I two of their CDs, The Open Door and Fallen. I really love the song Sweet Sacrifice.

Hamashimura
01-25-2007, 02:34 AM
Orignally posted by Ryth
Amy Lee sucks Live.

Well,sadly,I agree too...

Ichiro Matsuchani
01-25-2007, 07:31 AM
They're alright, but only if you like to hear the same thing over and over and over again. They need more variety.

dieing25
01-25-2007, 02:33 PM
I though they where alsome for years then I found a band that owns amy lee it is called Flyleaf.

Faceless111
01-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Why are they so popular? All their songs, to me, sound too much alike. And Amy Lee... ugh.

Okita-Kun
01-26-2007, 07:48 PM
I would just like to say to everyone that says Amy Lee sucks live, I have seen Evanescence twice I thought both were amazing shows. Yes, Amy Lee messes up from time to time, but the thing is, if you guys attempted to get as high as she can get, you would most likely mess up every time. Every musician messes up.

As for the emo/goth thing. Amy doesn't need to scrap anything. She can dress however she wants and there is nothing stereotypical about how she dresses. Anyway, why does that matter if it doesn't effect the music.

For those saying that Evanescence are repetitive, listen to Bring Me To Life, Going Under, and Hello, then listen to Call Me When You're Sober, Snow White Queen, and Lacrymosa, after that listen to Field of Innocence, October, and Lies. Do this and tell me that. They are far from repetitive.

I love Evanescence. They're actually in my top 5 favorites. As for my favorite songs, all of them. Particularly, Good Enough, Bring Me To Life, Haunted, Whisper, Lithium, Going Under, Taking Over Me, Imaginary, and everything else they've ever done.

shikamaruluv13
01-26-2007, 08:23 PM
i like amy lee she can sing good i really love the song "lithium"
but i really dont understand it

Okita-Kun
01-27-2007, 10:22 PM
but i really dont understand it

A quote from Amy Lee on the meaning of Lithium.

"It's not literal, it's not literal about the drug for me, I've never taken lithium before. It's sort of a metaphor about numbness and happiness and sort of like, it's me looking at happiness in a negative way because I've always been, you know, kind of afraid to be happy. Like with the band and the art and everything else, it's always like I'm never letting myself break through into the happiness it seems like, because it's not cool or something. And describing happiness is lithium, it's like saying 'that's numbness, I won't be able to be an artist anymore if I'm happy', which is hilarious because that's just not true, I'm happy. So it's like this fight within the song of like 'do I do this and get out of here and get happy or do I wallow in it like I always do?' and it's cool because at the end of the song I say 'I'm going to let it go', like I am going to be happy."

AngelMiki
01-30-2007, 05:48 PM
I like them. :) I love their song "Call Me When You're Sober". ^^

Abstract Me
01-30-2007, 10:21 PM
I would just like to say to everyone that says Amy Lee sucks live, I have seen Evanescence twice I thought both were amazing shows. Yes, Amy Lee messes up from time to time, but the thing is, if you guys attempted to get as high as she can get, you would most likely mess up every time. Every musician messes up.

Regardless of the mess-ups, I have seen bands that are way better live than Evanescence. I love her voice, and I think the range of it is absoultely beautiful, but to me, it seems lost when she attempts it in concert. *shrug* That's just my opinion.

As for the emo/goth thing. Amy doesn't need to scrap anything. She can dress however she wants and there is nothing stereotypical about how she dresses. Anyway, why does that matter if it doesn't effect the music.

True, I guess it doesn't really affect the music. I just don't like it when a band promotes a certain image. I really think music should be about music. There's nothing wrong with style, but I think playing dress up should go to artists that don't have more to offer. Evanescence has good music and Amy has a wonderful voice. That's all that should draw someone into listening to them. Instead, you have silly little teenagers who flock to buy their cds and shirts because they think they're being "cool" and "gothic". Those kids wouldn't give a second thought to the band if they dressed normally. I guess that's what really annoys me. And you're kidding yourself if you think there's nothing even slightly sterotypical about their image.

And about the repetitive thing, not all of their songs sound the same. Just some. I can see where someone would say that they sound the same though. Her piano works do have a tint of identicality, and the guitar riffs on some of the songs on Fallen sound only one or two notes apart. It's still good music all around though.

Kyokospaz
01-30-2007, 10:38 PM
I agree. I used to listen to her everyday, but that was their first album. I don't listen to it very often. *Tear* =)

Elfy
01-31-2007, 12:41 AM
I really like this band, I enjoy their music alot and Amy Lee has a great voice.

Jose
01-31-2007, 09:21 AM
Evanescence is the best. Love alll of their songs

Tsuna Kadiri
01-31-2007, 02:40 PM
I never liked them. Not because I though they weren't talented or anything, I just don't like their sound. Though I do think Amy Lee is super pretty. She sort of embodies the whole neo-goth thing she's got going on.

Okita-Kun
02-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Regardless of the mess-ups, I have seen bands that are way better live than Evanescence. I love her voice, and I think the range of it is absoultely beautiful, but to me, it seems lost when she attempts it in concert. *shrug* That's just my opinion.

Like I said, she messes up some times. Like every musician known to man does. No one's perfect. Anyway she has improved a great deal since the Fallen era. I've watched a couple of videos of her from late 2006 and 2007 and she didn't mess up nearly as much as what she used to. Look at Ozzy. He's a great singer now, but it wasn't always like that. During the Sabbath days he messed up constantly live and didn't have nearly the range he does now.

I guess that's what really annoys me. And you're kidding yourself if you think there's nothing even slightly sterotypical about their image.

I can say where you are coming from but I can't bring myself to agree. It's just my opinion but I do not think Amy "promote a certain image". She simply has her own way of dressing. Atleast Amy isn't one of those singers who have to dress normally to sell records. There are many singers out there who would never sell records if they dressed like her (I'll give you a hint 95.9% of all American Pop musicians). Anyway, she has ditched the goth thing now.

I'm sorry if I come off as disrespectful. I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong. I'm just presenting my opinion on your comments. Not that my opinion is fact. I just wanted to give you a different view on things.

Hamashimura
02-01-2007, 01:31 PM
I really must agree with Okita-Kun...
That's her way of dressing,and there's nothing stereotypical about it...
And if I may say - I really liked her way of dressing!
As Okita-Kun said,she has ditched that way now,but I liked goth style better...

As for the mess-ups - just look at system of a down for example => you cannot say that their live songs can be compared with those met on albums...
No offense SOAD fans,but really-there are many bands that screw up their songs live...
It's true about Amy too,but still,she's improving by doing her best on stage...
I did say that she sucks live,I admit it,but still-she's way more better than few bands nowadays.
Everytime she's better and better,which cannot be said for many bands now...
So,in short-I agree with Okita-Kun in every way...

Okita-Kun
02-02-2007, 04:08 PM
http://music.aol.com/videos/sessions/sessions_flash.adp?defaultCovers=588,599,604&defaultID=588

I highly suggest any Evanescence fan to check out those videos. They are amazing. Amy sounded so perfect in these videos.

xX_Why do i love you_Xx
02-02-2007, 04:17 PM
they are the best band! i love amy lee! i even know how to play some of their songs on violin and piano! and i noteiced a anime character that looks like amy in egroproxy...

Abstract Me
02-02-2007, 10:19 PM
Like I said, she messes up some times. Like every musician known to man does. No one's perfect. Anyway she has improved a great deal since the Fallen era.

I get what you're saying. I really didn't mean to be insulting about it all, or say that she's horrendous in concert. It's just from what I seen, it's not the best. And I just like a good voice in concert, that's all. I'm sure she's improved since then, like all artists.

Atleast Amy isn't one of those singers who have to dress normally to sell records. There are many singers out there who would never sell records if they dressed like her (I'll give you a hint 95.9% of all American Pop musicians).

So, it's bad if a band/artist dresses normally and sells records? Wouldn't that mean they have talent enough not to dress up to get people to pay attention? I don't get what you're saying, honestly. 95.9% of American Pop Musicians have to wear scantily clad clothes and dance around provacatively and all that other junk. But they're doing that because they lack talent, and have nothing more to offer. Evanescence do have more to offer, and that was my point. But in essence, both the sexy dancers and Evanescence dress up. So while the elaborate costumes are very pretty, to me, they shouldn't really be a requirement. If Evanescence were a mainly-visual band, then I could understand. But they really aren't.

That's her way of dressing,and there's nothing stereotypical about it...
And if I may say - I really liked her way of dressing!

Oh, I liked it too, don't get me wrong! ^_^ It is very pretty and it does suit her. But I know people look at her and say, "Um, goth!" And that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just...I've never been a big fan of stereotypes, and I just think the more people dress up in a certain part, the more it adds to it all. Like I said, there's millions of kids saying, "oh ya, I liek Evanescence dey r liek goth n stuff n so am i!" And it's just annoying to me, because I'm more of a "listen to music for the music" sort of person rather than a "listen to the music because their style is pretty and I like their clothes too" thing. Gah, I can't explain very well, but I hope you know what I mean. Or at least understand. Or something. xD

I'm sorry if I come off as disrespectful. I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong. I'm just presenting my opinion on your comments. Not that my opinion is fact. I just wanted to give you a different view on things.

Oh, no, don't apologize. You are not disrespectful in the slightest. It's good to hear a different view on things - I welcome it. Besides, why would I want to be stuck wallowing in my own thoughts when I can hear other's as well? Change is good.

And anyway, this is all my opinion too.
At least we can all agree that Evanescence is a good band.

Gelica'sUnwoundMind
02-03-2007, 03:18 AM
I really like their music and would have to say that "Call Me When Your Sober" comes to mind for my fave!

Moonlight Densetsu
02-04-2007, 02:11 AM
Evanescence is one of my favorite bands. In my opinion Amy has a pretty voice.

Okita-Kun
02-04-2007, 11:22 AM
So, it's bad if a band/artist dresses normally and sells records?
No. It's fine if a band dresses normally. It's bad if a band cannot sell records if they dress abnormally. What' I'm trying to say is that it goes either way. Some bands cannot sell records if they do not have sex appeal.

kitty ki-chan
02-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Evanescence is cool. there 2nd album sounded more mature than the first one.

Korobi
02-04-2007, 04:26 PM
I used to listen to her because I liked her, but I don't really like her songs anymore and I don't know why; it's weird. I don't like "Call me when you're sober" but the music video was nice.

shikamaruluv13
02-04-2007, 04:57 PM

i think Evanescence is so emo it's the reason i like the band i got more into my emo side when i listen too them:laugh:

PigFarts
02-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Amy Lee sucks Live.

Of COURSE she's gonna suck live. Her voice style is very demanding and to sing like that in a rock concert everynight during the year is very straining. It just means that she needs more training.

But anyway, I love Evanescene. I think their new CD "The Open Door," is better than the previous one, "Fallen." My favorite sonf is Good Enough...ugh, so pretty!

Gjallarhorn
02-04-2007, 08:50 PM
can't stand them. Boring, repeatative sound, and she has a very annoying voice. And is simply not listenable live.

I agree with the exception that I think she has a good voice, but doesn't use it to its full extent. She always keeps the same tones and notes, and doesn't change it up, which just feeds into the repetitiveness. I also dislike their lyrics. I think she would be more suited to softer, slower music, something along the lines of KT Tunstall's "The Other Side of the World".

elodie
02-05-2007, 06:19 PM
I absolutely despise Amy Lee. Her face is too photoshopped, her voice is too nasally, and she's too repetitive. She's said in two seperate interviews that almost every male she's come into contact with has "abused" her. She only sings about herself and how everyone has hurt her in some way. (the really funny thing is, is that in said interview, she claims that being a millionaire is "hard work")

you know why she only seems to sound good in certain shows? that's because they use recordings of her voice from other shows occasionally. They ALWAYS use recordings of her playing the piano. I don't think she's ever played it live.

also, if anyone calls her a fashion designer, i'm shooting someone.

Hamashimura
02-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Thanks Okita-Kun for that link...

As for Dolores Haze - I think that Bring me to Life acoustic version she has done pretty well...You really cannot say that that was recorded voice,I mean just look at it,it's clearly seen that it was very live...
Anyway,it does not matter if she's playing piano or not,what's matter is that she's doing her best to create good show...

And I'd like to see that you be a millionaire,and then I might listen to what you said...
Many people thinks that being so rich is easy thing,but if you look at some deeper facts,you'll realise that you're wrong...

And what do you have against her outfit?It seems many people dislike her outfit,but I find it prety attractive,I like gothic style...I'll never say she's a fashion designer,but you shouldn't judge of her because of that,and other small things...

Anyway,I will never know how people can dislike someone if they don't even know that person...
I mean,it's ok to have your opinion about her outfit and everything else,but I just cannot understand how can you dislike her,when I'm pretty sure that you dont know her...

elodie
02-06-2007, 12:44 PM
You can tell quite a bit about a person through interviews. Also, I wasn't talking about all of her clothing. I was talking about the clothing that she's "designed". She once safety-pinned a bunch of pieces of fabric together and called it a masterpiece. She said being a millionaire was hard because she had to have all her money in seperate banks, etc. That doesn't sound hard to me. I'm talking about her live shows, not anything that was recorded on a CD. Everything on CD is studio-editted to hell and back anyway, that's why it sounds much nicer.

Hamashimura
02-07-2007, 12:45 PM
I see...
I'm sorry if I offended you...

Abstract Me
02-07-2007, 08:40 PM
there 2nd album sounded more mature than the first one.

It did? I guess in the sense of "I'm stronger than before" it does. And in the sense of her voice. But the songwriting on The Open Door significantly deteriated from Fallen. On their recent album, it seems all she sang about was being in a relationship with a guy who isn't good for her. I have no qualms with songs about relationships, but the majority of the album was just that, and I need variety. On Fallen, there were mutiple themes, like death, faith, dreams, and fakeness. I enjoyed that.

i think Evanescence is so emo it's the reason i like the band i got more into my emo side when i listen too them:laugh:

I was referring to their style, not the music. Though truthfully, the music isn't at all emo either. It's semi-depressing, but not all the time. When someone says emo, I think of music that says "my girlfriend dumped me/this girl doesn't like me so I'm going to complain when my life is very privileged, o dark hole of sadness plz kill mee." And that is not Evanescence.

I think she would be more suited to softer, slower music, something along the lines of KT Tunstall's "The Other Side of the World".

I actually agree.

Okita-Kun
02-07-2007, 10:08 PM
you know why she only seems to sound good in certain shows? that's because they use recordings of her voice from other shows occasionall
Actually, it's just because she has good days and bad days like absolutely ever human being. I'd like to see you play a perfect show every time especially when you are doing things as difficult as she does.

They ALWAYS use recordings of her playing the piano. I don't think she's ever played it live.
http://music.aol.com/videos/sessions/sessions_flash.adp?defaultCovers=588,599,604&defaultID=588
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IZgeLIpOS1o
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3v0dL8-s9jk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bsaNf3kn2TU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dOwoeUQAZY4

Hamashimura
02-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Again,thanks for the links Okita-Kun...
Personally I liked how she did My Immortal,it's awesome!
And I liked Thoughtless pretty much...
I never used online watching so much,but this...wow!
From there we can clearly see that she does NOT used recordings of piano...

Abstract Me
02-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Mmm, I didn't really like her version of Thoughtless. To me, it didn't suit anything at all. Her voice isn't the kind of voice I think of singing "I want you crying when you're bloody at the foot of me." It kind of ruined it for me.

And it also seemed she randomly decided that Korn was a good band to tribute. Sorta weird, in my view...

Okita-Kun
02-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Again,thanks for the links Okita-Kun...
You're very welcome.

From there we can clearly see that she does NOT used recordings of piano...
She doesn't use recordings for songs that piano plays a major role. However, in Going Under, Taking Over Me, and Imaginary she does use recordings. I think it's also clear that if you watch more than one live show of Evanescence you see that Amy Lee can make a good transition from album to stage a good part of the time. People need to realize that she has a very demanding voice and it's hard if not impossable to hit those notes every time without messing up.

And it also seemed she randomly decided that Korn was a good band to tribute. Sorta weird, in my view
Could you please explain to me what you mean by this?

Abstract Me
02-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Could you please explain to me what you mean by this?

Well, when I usually think of someone covering someone else's song, I think of them choosing songs that are very influential. Someone big and established as a groundbreaking band. Korn isn't that kind of band. And I know that covers range from far and wide, but I don't know. To me it seemed like it was out of place.

Also...I apologize if you like Korn, but I think there are way better songs to cover from better bands. I'm not saying that they suck, because I like them a bit, but Evanescence isn't even slightly similar to them. Like I said, her voice really didn't fit the song. That's probably why she didn't sing the "I got my monkey back against the wall" part. Her voice isn't meant for that type of singing. So to me, I say she shouldn't have done it at all and picked a better song to cover, something that's more of her range.

This is just my opinion. Sorry if I offended you in any way.

Okita-Kun
02-11-2007, 12:37 AM
It didn't offend me. However, I don't think Amy Lee had any rules to follow when she made the cover. They simply liked the song and decided to cover it. I can agree wtih you that her voice really doesn't go with that song but I don't think it really mattered to them because they were doing it for theirselves before anyone else.

I think that made sense.

Abstract Me
02-11-2007, 08:56 PM
I know you're right. There isn't any rules to follow when it comes to covers. I just think it was a bit out of place, that's all. Eh.

Eraiza
02-20-2007, 09:36 AM
I simply love Evanescence... Their lyrics inspire me and in 2002 , when they made the album called ''Fallen'', they helped me go on in life .. I wanted to commit suicide because i felt like i was lonely in this world... Now I'm ok :)
My fave songs are: Everybody's fool, Bring me to life, Haunted, Hello, Lithium, Call me when you're sober.
Amy has a great voice and she looks really nice... This band will always remain a great memory in my mind.

I just love Evanescence

Indeliable
02-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Evanescence has always been one of my favorites. My friend has more of the cd's then me though. So I go over to her house to listen. ^^ As for favorite songs I would have to say October or Missing. =3 I really enjoy Amy Lee's voice and a lot of my friends thinks that the music is relaxing. ^.^

Masali
02-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Of COURSE she's gonna suck live. Her voice style is very demanding and to sing like that in a rock concert everynight during the year is very straining. It just means that she needs more training.

Hardly. The comparison between Nightwish and Evanescance is always pressing, and whatserface from Nightwish is a MUCH more talented singer and belts out notes just fine live. And her style is more demanding, since amy lee's style is nothing special. whatserface's is classical opera. Granted I don't quite like either of them, but she's a damn good singer. And nightwish's guitar player and keyboardist are brilliant. More then I can say about E's guitar and keyboards.

Ryth
02-20-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm assuming whatsherface = Tarja Turunen. :p

Floating Lily
02-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Didn't they kick her out of Nightwish months ago? I'm very postive they did, she was getting too much about her other career then the band's career.

I like Amy Lee's voice, I love Evanescence music, but after they kicked out Ben Moody, or he left, the whole band and the lyrics started going downhill. No one realised because their newest album was released nearly 2 years after thier hit one. The other band members also seem to be dropping like flies aswell.

Ryth
02-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Yeah, she's out of Nightwish now. Don't remember why, but she isn't in the band anymore. Which could prove fatal.

Scarlet Wings
02-22-2007, 04:29 PM
As many people probably think, Evanescence is just a second rate Nightwish

Masali
02-23-2007, 07:34 PM
hmph, didn't know she left. Oh well, although she was a good singer I found her painfully obnoxious.

Scarlet Wings
02-23-2007, 09:47 PM
I think they may have more potential with a guy singer anyways.
edit: On second thought, I really don't know.

Desolate
02-26-2007, 02:56 PM
My cousins lover her, she sucks live, she sucks, and Masali sounds like Simon.

izzy14backstabber
04-22-2007, 07:34 PM
i agree with u, desolate.. Masali does sound like Simon..

The_Aluminum_Cow_Theory
04-22-2007, 08:25 PM
I like Evanescence a whole lot. However, I own the CD "Anywhere but Home", a 'live' CD, and I believe the comment about her not being so great 'live', is completely true. The only song I actually listen to on there is "Missing".

~Sakura Haruno~
04-29-2007, 03:18 AM
They r cool...hmm my favourite songs r Goin under and Bring me to life

Neko Yasha
05-12-2007, 06:40 PM
I really like Evanesence, but my sister is CRAZY about them. Here are our fave songs:
-Call me when you're sober
-Sweet Sacrifice
-Bring me to life
-My Immortal

.Lovebeat
05-14-2007, 03:00 AM
I used to like them before they released their newest album :x now I'm just tired of them and I don't like their music anymore xD
I think Amy Lee is awesome with her style being goth though.

Favourite song: My Immortal
But I never listen to it.

ABsasuke14
06-02-2007, 11:20 PM
They are a great band. Would love to see them in concert someday.

ABsasuke14
06-02-2007, 11:26 PM
They are a great band. Would love to see them in concert someday.

Sakura-Kinomoto
06-16-2007, 06:57 PM
EVANESCENCE!!!! IS SO COOL!!! i love their songs Bring me to life, my immortal, and call me when your sober.

Hamashimura
06-16-2007, 07:03 PM
It's good to see that this thread is still alive XD

Sobriquet
06-16-2007, 07:37 PM
I <3 Evanescence. Some songs I like are "My Immortal" "Call me when you're sober" and "Lies"

Anti_Christ
06-19-2007, 02:44 AM
They're Christian.
They're ok.
Not a big fan.

Ultra Dull
06-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Oh, yeah Evanescence is very good at singing deep. She also has very strong lyrics which can really relate in different songs with different people. It is amazing that her work is so great and she writes most of her lyrics. It's wonderful.

Almary
07-08-2007, 03:01 AM
I had been loving Evanescence for very long period of time, but I see, that their new album doesn't differ much from the last.
And Amy appeared not to be that person, I thought about her before, because of some scandals in band.
So that, I can't say, that I'm loving this group now.

Saiyan Destroyer
07-08-2007, 03:01 PM
One of the Greatest Bands I've ever heard. I had their first CD with their current label. I need to get that and The Open Door. Amy's not bad on the eyes, she's not bad on the ears. The lyrics are great, the musics great, they can play and sing live unlike other bands (like Avril Lavigne when she first started). I'm always looking forward to their next one.

Marshmallow Fluff
07-09-2007, 03:10 AM
EVANESCENCE ROCKS!! My favorite songs by them are:

My Immortal
The Only One
Tourniquet

Almary
07-09-2007, 03:34 AM
Do you like their song "Missing"?

keoko
07-10-2007, 11:46 AM
oh yeah.. i liked that one song bring me back to life with linkin park (my one and only rock band) that is evanesence right?

Shia_san
07-10-2007, 09:31 PM
i like Evanesence (sorry if i spelled it wrong...im not the best speller) alot. they're my fave. band too. i have alot of their songs on my ipod...10 or 11or more. my fave songs are:
lies, anywhere,away from me, call me when your sober, bring me to life, my immortal, hello, imaginary, where will you go, eternity...i can't remember the others:(

Elphaba
07-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Yup Evansscence is one of my favorite bands.

♥Maiden.Cookie♥
07-31-2007, 02:56 PM
Evanesence rock.I really like their songs.I like "Going Under" I think that is the name of the song.

Bucky Katt
07-31-2007, 04:53 PM
Currently, I am obsessed with the song Forgive Me. Especially the verse before the very last. "You look in my eyes and I'm screaming inside that 'I'm sorry.'" I come so close to tears everytime at those last two words. With the choir harmonizing and how it sort of echoes.

Daisuke(han)
09-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Well its probably one of the bests bands of ever. Emily have an voice that... there are no words to descrive... amazing! And Emily are one beatifull women too... Her eyes... SUPERB!

Jose
11-06-2007, 10:47 PM
they are okay but so over done hate that but love them

Hamashimura
11-07-2007, 05:15 AM
Earlier stuff was ok,I loved it...
But now,when she ditched her goth style,it's kinda...meh..
Somewhat too fancy for my taste...
Songs have changed too,so yeah...
By my opinion,earlier stuff is way more better...

Myrtle_Anime_Addict
11-15-2007, 04:24 AM
No way! Evanescence rocks! I love their songs.

Kanjoudakai_Ira
11-29-2007, 08:05 AM
I totally love this band and i love Amy Lee's voice.Totally incomparable.

*Amber*
12-03-2007, 02:34 PM
I LOVE EVANESCENCE! Have any of you guys heard of

http://www.evanescencereference.info/

If you all are diehard fans like me you'll love the fact that you can down load all of there songs the and find out the meanings! all you have to do is type in which song you like and you won't believe how many versions there are of that song! Like Imaginary for instance has lik four or five different versions! I love it!

Yuuki Kurosu
12-03-2007, 03:01 PM
They are awesome! ^^ I like "Lies" and "Restless" the most. Missing is pretty good to from what I have heard.

*Amber*
12-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Which version of lies? I like the remixed version myself! the original one with ben moody just wasn't as good. Frankly I'm really glad Ben Moody left. I think that He and Amy had too many opposites with their music. He was more religious and she was more filled with feeling. Amy Lee never "ditched the goth image, she was never really goth in the first place, and plus her music has always been dark so why try and stereotype her just by her looks?

Sasaria_Genei_Ryodan
12-06-2007, 11:53 AM
evanscense ( sory if i spelled it wrong im sure i did gomenasai >< ) i love their songs their all awesome !!
and shes also really pretty ^^

Hamashimura
12-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Amy Lee never "ditched the goth image, she was never really goth in the first place, and plus her music has always been dark so why try and stereotype her just by her looks?

O_O

Hmmm...
And just how long are you listening to Evanescence then...?
I don't stereotype on the looks and new album is fancy indeed...
Just where is the old Amy Lee in there..?
Can you even compare songs such as Haunted,Where will You Go,Imaginary,My Immortal etc.etc.with the new ones..?
Come on...think about it...

O.o didn't ditched the goth style,since never was in it...
Well,I do have some news for you then...Check upon every site,read the news or something like that...
You're going to see things similar to this:
*Amy Lee has a recognizable goth style, marked by her occasional use of Gothic make-up and taste for Victorian-styled clothing*
And she did ditched that style >.<

There is no way you can compare old Amy with the new one...