PDA

View Full Version : Weezer

BoldMushroom
01-03-2007, 09:47 AM
I've always liked and respected this band, but I've recently and unexpectedly gotten ahold of a fair share of Weezer material... and as a result, the band has really grown on me over the course of the past month. I'd like to see if anyone else here is a Weezer fan as well.

Weezer is (or maybe, was) commonly classified as "geek rock", and as an early influence on mainstream "emo" bands. I feel both of these labels are incorrect... Weezer's sound is nothing like any classification of "emo", and "geek rock" is too niche of a term to describe their full body of work.

For those unfamiliar with the band, they have five full-length studio albums.

1994 - Weezer (self-titled, a.k.a. The Blue Album)
1996 - Pinkerton
2001 - Weezer (self-titled, a.k.a. The Green Album)
2002 - Maladroit
2005 - Make Believe

I have both self-titled albums, and I've heard half of Pinkerton. All three are great albums, but The Green Album and (for what I've heard of it) Pinkerton are my favorites... The Blue Album can be a little too simplistic and sparse at times.

I'm not familiar with Maladroit at all. I've heard the four singles off of Make Believe, and I don't like any of them... if anyone has heard the rest of the album, I'd appreciate an opinion on it.

My favorite Weezer songs:
Buddy Holly
No One Else
Holiday
Say It Ain't So
El Scorcho
Across The Sea
Why Bother?
Falling For You
Hash Pipe
Island In The Sun
Don't Let Go
Known-down Drag-out

By the way, for anyone who heard speculation of Weezer's break-up last year... it's not true. The band has stated the rumors are false, and they are still contractually obligated to two more albums for Geffen Records.

Ryth
01-03-2007, 03:14 PM
I have three of their albums The Blue Album, Maladroit, and Make Believe. I only just recently got The Blue Album and haven't listened to it much at this moment, so I cannot comment. I did enjoy Maladroit though, and you should check it out. Make Believe however, while not bad; was ultimately forgettable.

Ayame_Sohma
01-13-2007, 09:19 PM
I have got an anime music video and the music is by weezer the song called haunt you everyday and i love the song but i have not really hear there other songs to be honest

The Wing Man
01-14-2007, 04:25 AM
I like about 2 songs of theres, I prefered the older stuff to this new stuff but I'm not a very big weezer fan.Ofcourse, I'm not into many bands nowadays but weezer is one of the better ones out of all this other crap out right now.

Baka
02-08-2007, 03:06 PM
=w= =w= =w= =w= Weezer is the best band ever. Rivers Cuomo is a god. I like all of their albums but I will admit that Maladroit and Make Believe could have been better. Pinkerton is hands down their best album. Too bad it didn't get any airplay. I like Blue second and then Green.

My favorite songs are:
Across The Sea
Pink Triangle
Waiting On You*
Falling For You
Jaimie**
Suzanne*
Devotion*
Holiday
Butterfly
Oh Girlfriend!
Surfwax USA

*b-side or unreleased **DGC Rarities VOL.!

=w= =w= =w= =w=

Famahama
02-08-2007, 06:15 PM
I listened to Hash pipe . Planning to listen to more Weezer songs