PDA

View Full Version : Red Hot Chili Peppers~!

Mia RavenCrest
01-02-2007, 12:59 PM
I LOVE RHCP, always have for some reason. I like the way how they have diffrent styles of songs. Makes for a real balanced playlist really. They do alot of diffrent types of music, rap, rock, heavy metal. Alot of things.
Member of the Band Include~Micheal "Flea" Balzary, Anthony Kiedis, John Frusciante and Chad Smith.

What are your favourite songs by this band?

Mine~!

Californication
Scar Tissue
Dani California
Tell Me
Search And Destroy

*edited to be more legible.

Slumber
01-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Man, the Chili Peppers. Such a great band. Although, I liked Dave Navarro more then the current guitarist.

kendoka7
01-02-2007, 05:31 PM
The Red Hot Chili Peppers have, since I was about 9, been my all time favorite American band ever. Their music just has so much substance, and every single song is unique and lovable.
I'm gonna have to disagree with Slumber, but I think John Frusciante is amazing. I commend Dave Navarro on One Hot Minute, but John just knows those guys so much better as a band. In many ways, it's because of him that I ever started playing guitar.

Tsuna Kadiri
01-02-2007, 05:44 PM
They're a great band. Always fun and funky, yet they can still be serious. They're just a really cool, edgy band.

And RHCP make the best music videos EVER. "Can't Stop" is one of my most favorite music videos of all time. So is "Californication" and "Around the World."

Some of my favorite songs would be "Save the Population", "Can't Stop", "Aeroplane", and "Universally Speaking."

Masali
01-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Red Hot Chili Peppers are AMAZING. I love almost EVERY song from EVERY generation (Guitarists Slovak and Navarro as well as Irons on Drums). My favorite CDs by them are "One Hot Minute", "Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik", and "The Uplift Mofo Party Plan"

Favorite songs include:

Suck My Kiss
Sir Psycho Sexy
Fight Like a Brave
Warped
Can't Stop
Cabron
Catholic School Girls Rule
Power of Equality
Breaking the Girl
Organic Anti Beat-Box Band
Zephyr Song
Tell Me Baby
Edit: Forgot a couple
Trancending
Pea (Flea's song is funny xD)
Throw Away Your Television
Universally Speaking
Parallel Universe
and John Frusciante's cover of "Maybe" by the chantelles.

Well...actually, I kind of just like all of them. (I have all their CD's...like...ALL of them. Even their first one from way back in 84 up to Stadium Arcadium, and their live albums such as Christmas Party '91, Live at the Garden, Out In LA, Slane Castle, Live Magik, Live At Hyde Park, Among many others. Alot of funds, and alot of time was spent tracking down these >_>)

Abstract Me
01-02-2007, 09:23 PM
The Red Hot Chilli Peppers - such an amazing band. My brother actually got me into them. Good feel to them. Well played music, beautiful vocals, outstanding lyrics. One of the best bands around.

Some of my favorite songs are:

- Californication (amazing video, by the way)
- Zephyr Song
- Aeroplane
- Fortune Faded
- Parallel Universe
- Minor Thing

There's more, but I feel lazy. Anyway, exceptional band.

Off topic: Anthony Kiedis is smokin' hot.

Masali
01-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Off topic: Anthony Kiedis is smokin' hot.

All the girls love Anthony...no love for John Frusciante =(

He's the MAN.

Abstract Me
01-02-2007, 10:15 PM
John's an amazing guitarist though.

Ryth
01-03-2007, 03:17 PM
I only listened to their Stadium Arcadium album, and it had some really good tracks but overall it didn't (for a lack of a better word) impress me. However, due to what RHCP fans have said about Stadium Arcadium compared to their past work, I don't think I really got the true RHCP experience. So maybe I'll get back to you on this. :p

kendoka7
01-04-2007, 01:55 PM
I personally can't get enough of Stadium Arcadium.

I think the reason some fans might not have thought to much of it was because they were just exhausted after the 14th track. After all, it was a double-disk album, and there was alot to listen to.

Masali
01-05-2007, 06:36 PM
I personally can't get enough of Stadium Arcadium.

I think the reason some fans might not have thought to much of it was because they were just exhausted after the 14th track. After all, it was a double-disk album, and there was alot to listen to.

I could burn through "Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik" and "Californication" in one sitting, it's not that the legnth of stadium arcadium is the problem...it's that most of the songs sound VERRRRRRY similar to each other. It's hard to tell the difference between "Warlocks" and "Tell Me Baby" since it's pretty samey.

One of their best is definately "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" from the John Frusciante era and "One Hot Minute" is the best (cause it's the only) Navarro Red Hot Chili Pepers generation. But definately pick up "RHCP: The Garden" with Dave Navarro playing popular frusciante generation music.