PDA

View Full Version : Tamagotchi!!!

prettyketty
12-19-2006, 04:14 PM
I just had my tamagotchi for only a week, and the battery went dead. Is that supposed to happen??? I don't think is was. So I went to get a new battery so i can replace it....but i couldnt find one. So now i don't know how to replace the battery. Can someone give me a heads up on how to do that plz??

Eris
12-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Seems strange, I seem to remember people having those annoying little pests for months on end without running out of batteries.

miniPhil
12-20-2006, 11:47 AM
wow i remember them, its been so long..nearly 10 years

Storm Strife
12-20-2006, 12:22 PM
I assume Tamagotchis use watch batteries. You'll have to find out what size watch battery yours uses, then ask for that size at a watch shop or somewhere else that sells watch batteries.

Number_the_Stars
12-20-2006, 01:13 PM
I assume Tamagotchis use watch batteries. You'll have to find out what size watch battery yours uses, then ask for that size at a watch shop or somewhere else that sells watch batteries.
Yeah.. they do take watch batteries.... I had one like a million years ago... such a weird fad...

*~Lily_Gemini~*
12-20-2006, 01:20 PM
ive never had a tomagatchi but i was wanting one...i asked my parents to get me one for christmas, my mom said she remembered having one when she was little and she is like 34 i think...but from the looks of it...tomagatchis sorta suck...so maybe i will just tell my mother to forget it because i dont want to have to spend money every week just to get a new battery

pfftlecakes
12-20-2006, 01:21 PM
The watch batteries that Tamagotchis take are usually AG10. They're tiny silver ones that look like buttons.

Eris
12-20-2006, 01:32 PM
The watch batteries that Tamagotchis take are usually AG10. They're tiny silver ones that look like buttons.

Though, most watch batteries look like silver buttons.

Rageling
12-20-2006, 01:36 PM
They usually sell those little watch batteries in the jewelry section of a store, so you might want to check there.

pfftlecakes
12-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Though, most watch batteries look like silver buttons.

If someone doesn't have much of an idea as to what they're looking for, this would still be helpful. If anything, just leading them in the right direction to look for the specific battery that I mentioned.

Matsumoto
12-21-2006, 02:46 PM
yout best bet is to throw it out and invest in a real pet :)

kyubichan
12-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Never had a Tamagotchi, but I played with one that belonged to my cousin. They use watch batteries, a.k.a. GamBoy cartridge batteries a.k.a. calculator batteries. So there.

Nespa
12-21-2006, 04:28 PM
I used to have one with a chick after a while you get so annoyed with it your just gonna torture it by giving it no food and stuf and watching it die. maybe you should consder taking a pet rock, they don't pee, they do'n't eat and they have no batteries al you really have to walk them.

Storm Strife
12-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Never had a Tamagotchi, but I played with one that belonged to my cousin. They use watch batteries, a.k.a. GamBoy cartridge batteries a.k.a. calculator batteries. So there.
What the hell is this GameBoy cartridge you talk of? I'm pretty sure that the GameBoy uses AA batteries and that the cartridges are what you put in the GameBoy...

Manhattan_Project_2000
12-21-2006, 06:00 PM
What the hell is this GameBoy cartridge you talk of? I'm pretty sure that the GameBoy uses AA batteries and that the cartridges are what you put in the GameBoy...
I think he means the internal battery used in games with non-volatile memory (for example, Pokemon). However, the use of internal batteries as an example is less then helpful as they aren't the same thing.

Storm Strife
12-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Ah, right. I did not know that. Learn something new every day...

*~Lily_Gemini~*
12-21-2006, 08:52 PM
so strange...my bro just got this toyish thing and it takes those darn little batteries so i have to find some...cuz i promised...dude, hes only had that toy for a week!

Jagan Eye
12-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Well, I had a tamagatchi 3 years ago and it lasted for 6 months. Maybe you should go and ask for batteries for tamagatchis where you bought it.
You probably already did that, but thats my only suggestion. Or maybe the new ones don't last as long...?

Black Pony
12-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Tamagotchis are dumb and childish, you might as well buy a real pet because that's more fun.

timewarp90
12-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Seems strange, I seem to remember people having those annoying little pests for months on end without running out of batteries.

lol yeah I had one when I was like 7, it entertained me for days! and then I got bored and lost it somewhere in my room. When I found it the next year, it was still alive. I remember freaking out about it and I reset it and again was entertained for like a week and then I lost it again, and its been lost ever since *end of the saga of my tomagachi*