PDA

View Full Version : David Bowie

Gandizzl
12-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Yes, David Bowie...
Who does not love this strange man?
I've basically been listening to him all my life since my father have been feeding me with his music since I was born.

I like his old music best, some of his new stuff is just too weird.
I guess my fav album is "The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars" or "Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps)".

Favorite songs are:
Ashes To Ashes
Space Oddity
Starman
Rebel Rebel
Diamond Dogs
China Girl
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?
Let's Dance

So someone else listen to this genius?
Favorite songs?
Favorite albums?

Princess Minako
12-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Labyrinth!

I have a good friend that LOVES Bowie, but refuses to admit his existance throughout the 80's.

I've always loved bowie, but I'm old ;_;

Ωmega
12-15-2006, 12:38 PM
lol, Labrynth was what introduced me to Bowie. I dont really think I have a favorite song from him, but I do enjoy his work

小美ドクロchan
12-15-2006, 12:40 PM
DANCE THE MAGIC DANCE!!! XD
Labryinth pwnz your soul. ^_^ As for the man himself, yeah I think his music is good.

Slumber
12-15-2006, 06:30 PM
Bowie might just be my favorite solo artist.

*~Lily_Gemini~*
12-15-2006, 08:57 PM
belive it or not david bowie is actually very cool, strange but cool....he did a gret job in the movie Labrynth. i luv his music by the way

kingoftown
12-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Do you like Bill Nomi? He was a huge inspiration for Bowie in his space glam period. In fact, it's said that Bowie kind of stole his act. Thoughts?

I like the work that Bowie did with The Idiot.

Atara Inferno
12-16-2006, 01:04 PM
Fank gawd! I'm not the only one who luffs David Bowie! I luff all of his songs, and I have one of his poster and it's still missing ;.; Sooo gooorgeous! And dreamy! "China Girl" and "Ashes to Ashes" are one of my favourite of all the time. And "Let's Dance", I could use that song for my birthday!

iRevo
12-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Labyrinth!

I have a good friend that LOVES Bowie, but refuses to admit his existance throughout the 80's.

I've always loved bowie, but I'm old ;_;
He-hey you never to old to like Bowie!........

Inverse
12-26-2006, 07:05 AM
The man who sold the world... I just love that song!!!!!

Kristen
12-26-2006, 07:50 AM
David Bowie is my hubby. =) <3 xo The Labyrinth for getting me started on him when I was a wee tot.

The Wing Man
12-26-2006, 07:19 PM
I am a big fan of all of his early work, I liked all the stuff he did during the ziggy stadust thing.Lol

Alias-Revolution
12-28-2006, 10:57 PM
My friends, David Bowie is seen as an old artist who "ish teh suxXorZ!11!11!!!1oneleven" quote a few un-named n00bs here on the site and in my town.

Rap, Hip-hop, Punk Rock, and other popular genres have left David Bowie and his unorthodox songs in the dust. They have caused the general public to forget his chords and harmonies, his techno-beats, his meaningful lyrics, and his powerful songs.

I appreciate the fact that somone besides me likes the sounds of this man's songs and can truely appreciate the art he has presented to us.

Summed up, David Bowie rocks hard, people don't appreciate his time period anymore, I like his colab with Queen on Under Pressure, and I am a huge fan.

Myrra
03-19-2007, 12:17 PM
He is one of the few artists that I think has successfully spanned the years. His music is always a pleasure to listen to and he's still easy on the eyes. :p

Alias-Revolution
03-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Hahah! Definately beats out Mick Jagger, doesn't he? xD

http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/8/3/6/0/8900638-8900641-slarge.jpghttp://www.leninimports.com/david_bowie_gallery_labyrinth_2.jpg

Yeesh... didn't realize how right I was...

Evofragment
03-29-2007, 12:01 AM
Haha, I'm a bit young to have really gotten into him when he was still new, and I don't really listen to his music, but I can't help but like him. Like a lot of people, I was introduced to him because of The Labrynth. (good movie!)

I used to have a computer game called Omikron: The Nomad Soul. It was a cool game, and he did the opening song, which was also cool. I really like that song.