PDA

View Full Version : Muse

skyler22
12-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Anyone know of Muse i love all there songs their just grand ^^ My fave song would have to be "Time is running out" ^^

DarkPrinceBman
12-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Yeah Muse is a spectacular band, they honestly have there own style and I love there sense of imagery. There lyrics are certainly original, but there message is extreamly clear in each song. My favorite song would be

Muse - "Apocalypse Please"

Music Fiend
12-15-2006, 09:51 AM
Muse is great band - I'm a big fan of theirs. Definitely one of the top bands of 2006, in my opinion. "Starlight" would have to be my favorite song, which is on Black Holes On Revelations. I also like "Hysteria", "Knights Of Cydonia", "Supermassive Black Hole", "Sing For Absolution", and so other tracks of theirs. Like Withering Dreams alluded to, Muse is quite strong, lyrically, and they sound great.

Luna13
12-20-2006, 10:06 PM
I heard one of their songs the other day. And I do have to say they are very good. They sound very interesting. I know that once I get money I'm going to by one of their cd's.

oxyCodone
12-21-2006, 02:14 PM
muse pwns. even if there lyrics are generic. time is running out is a great song. you may also enjoy hysteria.

BoldMushroom
12-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Muse's lyrics, generic? I don't know of too many other bands that sing about the fear of advancements in technology turning humankind into a collective unconscious, robbing us of individuality.

Muse is a fantastic band. They have a unique and very powerful sound. I bought Black Holes and Revelations earlier this year, and I bought Origin of Symmetry just a few days ago. Both albums are fantastic... I think I like Origin of Symmetry more, though. It feels more dynamic.

My older sister has Absolution, and I'm gonna borrow that from her when I get the chance.

Abstract Me
01-02-2007, 09:53 PM
I've only heard two songs of theirs - "Time is Running Out" and "Hysteria". Both are very good. I adore "Hysteria" though. Such an awesome song.

Maybe I'll buy an album of theirs. What's their best one?

kingoftown
01-03-2007, 04:40 PM
I saw Muse at the download festival this summer. they were really good! Loud and over the top stadium rockers, but good. They lead singer is really small!

Ollie
01-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Muse has been my favorite band since I was 12. :D

If you ever get the chance to see them in concert, grab it. Kill someone if you must. THEY ARE AMAZING.
(just don't be like me and end up right in front of the stage; the crowd around you will make the experience unpleasant)

Crippe
01-21-2007, 02:13 PM
I think I will spend much time here :) Muse is just so good :D In your world, The small print, exo-politics, map of the problematique, ghaaa so many good songs :)

Fragile.Dreams
01-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Muse are awesome!
I saw them live yesterday at the Big Day Out in Australia.
They were spectacular!!!
:)

Ryth
01-23-2007, 03:16 PM
I like Muse a lot, very original, I have their Origin Of Symmetry album.

Slumber
01-23-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm slowly getting into them. They're frontman's voice reminds me of Thom Yorke (I heart Radiohead :)).

Ollie
01-23-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm slowly getting into them. They're frontman's voice reminds me of Thom Yorke (I heart Radiohead :)).
Apparently Radiohead is one of his biggest influences on the music he writes for the band. Don't quote me on this, but I heard he purposely tries to sound like Yorke, or did at first.

The farther along you get in Muse' albums, the farther they get from Radiohead. In a review for their latest album, some magazine (I think it was Spin or Blender) said that Muse no longer sounds like a Radiohead tribute, but a Muse tribute band.

When I first heard some songs from the new album I was a little skeptical... it was so different from their previous works. But after buying it (being the dedicated fan I am) I grew to love it very quickly. I'm listening to it again right now. <3

Some people think that Black Holes and Revelations was just some random experimental tangent music-wise that Muse did, since it's so different from Absolution, which was a lot more like normal rock alternative than... whatever category you'd put Muse under. Absolution was more of an experiment; any good listener could tell that Black Holes and Revelations was coming.

Slumber
01-27-2007, 11:11 AM
It was actually a song from the new album that made me realize he sounded alot like Thom. :D

Ollie
01-27-2007, 07:31 PM
How exactly does he sound like Thom? In the newer albums especially I find it really easy to distinguish the two.

Slumber
01-27-2007, 09:55 PM
How exactly does he sound like Thom? In the newer albums especially I find it really easy to distinguish the two.

I don't know. The tone of their voices just seemed similar. The way they write their songs seem to be quite different, however. And hey, reguardless of what he sound like, I like what I'm hearing. I otta look into one of the albums they have.

Ollie
01-28-2007, 05:11 PM
I think the only real similarity is that they often sing in high pitches... which you don't hear as much from male singers, I guess. (one of my friends asked if the singer of Muse was a chick when I showed him the song Newborn :P)

Scarlet Wings
02-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Muse is one of the pop rock bands that I like. Their parts are fun and easy to learn too.

Jutsu_Jak
02-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Muse! Great band. I was listening to supermassive black hole on the way home at about 1 AM the other day and started singing it really loud at some chavs without realising it. haha don't think they were amused.