PDA

View Full Version : Coheed and Cambria

Smitty
12-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Did a search and didn't find a thread about these guys so I thought I'd go ahead and make one. Coheed and Cambria is a band from New York consisting of Claudio Sanchez ( vocals and guitar ), Travis Stever ( Guitar, back vocals ) and the two recent members Josh Eppard ( percussion ) and Mic Todd ( bass ). They play a progressive type of rock music that has been compared with the likes of Rush. Their music should be relatively easy to find ( a trip to Youtube is all you should need ), and in my opinion is well worth it. My personal favorites ( song wise ) are Welcome Home, The Suffering, In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3, The Light and The Glass, and any of their Willing Well songs. Opinions welcome, and I hope that if youv'e never listened to them you will do so with an open mind.

Capernicus
12-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Oh, I've heard of them. But the only song I have is Wake Up, which is sooo emo and sad. But I like it. Sometimes I need to listen to the lyrics.

Smitty
12-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Some people say they are an emo band, but I'd have to disagree. It's emotional yes, but not quite emo. You should really look up Welcome Home, that in itself shows ( to me at least ) that they aren't an emo band.

Sanoske
12-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Finally some one posts a thread about them. I love this band. some of my favorite songs are welcome home,blood red summer, ten speed and devil in jersy city

Ryth
12-08-2006, 06:29 PM
I also strongly disagree with Coheed And Cambria being emo.

I have all three of their albums and Sanchez's solo project The Prize Fighter Inferno's only album. In Keeping Screts Of Silent Earth - 3 is likely my favourite album by them.

Some favourite songs:
Devil In Jersey City
Cuts Marked In The March Of Men
Blood Red Summer
The Crowing
Three Evils Embodied In Love And Shadow
Welcome Home
Wake Up
Ten Speed (Of God's Blood And Burial)
The Suffering

Smitty
12-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Gald to see there are some other fans. One thing I don't like is all the people who don't like Sanchez for his voice. I'll admit that I didn't like it at first, but after a while I learned to really appreciate it and love it. Alot of people hear his voice and don't give them a second chance, and I really think they're missing out. On another note, I have never heard a Coheed song I didn't like. They are one of those bands I can put on play and listen all the way through the album, which for me is rare.

Edit: After reading Ryth's post, I agree with him. That's what I meant originally, but it came across kinda harsh in the first post.

Ryth
12-08-2006, 08:38 PM
I only dislike it when they hear it once and never give him a real chance. it got me by surprise when I first him on a music video, but I did like it. I can respect (but disagree with) someone if they gave it a real chance and just didn't like it. I can understand how one wouldn't like it.

Tsuna Kadiri
12-08-2006, 08:51 PM
When I first saw them perform on TV, I was turned off. Really turned off. The lead singer honestly freaked me out that bad (the hair had alot to do with it).

But then I was in the car and one of their songs came on, it wasn't too bad. I just can't.. look at them and listen to them at the same time.

Ami~chan
12-08-2006, 09:31 PM
I honestly haven't seen or heard too much of them; the singer has this really funny voice that I don't like too much.

And his hair. Boy, does he have some freaky hair on his head.

Masali
12-08-2006, 09:50 PM
I absolutely love his hair, I think it's awesome...I'd never grow it like that. I like them...but the singer is a little annoying. But I look past it, considering my favorite band is dream theater. I mean, it takes alot of patience to listen to david labrie >_>

But I like what I've heard.

The suffering = Great Chick song, and rockin' too
Wake Up = Chick song, very lame
Welcome Home = Rockin, Led Zep Esque with a lacking guitar duel.

Slumber
12-09-2006, 08:55 PM
I've listen to their singles and saw them live once. Quite good, sthe I have heard from them. And I actually enjoy Claudio's voice.

Music Fiend
12-12-2006, 10:04 AM
I am a fan of Coheed and Cambria. Not necessarily a big fan, but a fan, nevertheless. I've never seen them perform, though; in fact, I've never seen a picture or anything of them. But I have heard several of their songs, including (my personal favorite) "The Suffering" and "A Favor House Atlantic". The sound is a bit trippy, but I like it.

DarkDragonj921
12-12-2006, 07:32 PM
i love Coheed and Cambria, they're one of my favorite bands. i think my favortie song is either Welcome Home, or Devil in Jersey City

Myrra
10-24-2008, 06:20 AM
*bump*

(cos it's my job as moderator) :p

Rena
10-24-2008, 11:45 PM
I realize that this topic hasnt had any replies since 2006, but I'm just wondering if anyone knew about the whole thing where Claudio writes the songs in coordinance with the comic he does? The Amory Wars? 'Cause all of the songs are based off situations in the comic. ^^-b

cshaobu435128
11-16-2008, 06:51 PM
kayak6751 (http://kayak6751.blogsome.com)flytian (http://flytian.blogsome.com)sunce026 (http://sunce026.blogsome.com)taishici (http://taishici.blogsome.com)lvmeng565 (http://lvmeng565.blogsome.com)