PDA

View Full Version : Flogging Molly

Kishiro
12-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Here's one more people should be in to....

Flogging Molly. A band of seven people playing a fusion of Irish punk rock, and folk music. Sometimes the moods and tones of the songs sway heavily in one direction or the other. Sometimes, you don't know what else to call it... but good.

I've got four of their five released albums.

Alive Behind The Green Door
Swagger
Drunken Lullabies
Within A Mile Of Home
Whiskey On Sunday <---- The one I don't own.

The live shows put on by this band are notoriously fun and rowdy. And drunken for that matter. Flogging Molly attracts mostly people 17 and up to their shows, and often has 21 and up shows were almost everyone drinks pint after pint of Guinness Draught. The best part about these shows is the camaraderie and how everyone gets along as they sing and dance together. No doubt you'll find a group of people jigging not too far from the mosh pit, and you'll hear everyone in the crowd singing along.

Ollie
12-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Ah, that live shows bit.... sounds totally Irish. I always wanted to go to their shows because just listening to Drunken Lullabies makes me feel uppity. (when I first heard it I didn't know who it was by, but later when I heard of the band's name I knew that must be their song, because of it's obvious four-leaf-clover ness.)

timewarp90
12-09-2006, 01:41 AM
I LOVE flogging molly! I went to a concert of theirs in November and it was AMAZING! They were late though so two opening bands played and everyone was bored so they just started mosh pits for no reason, which was pretty fun. They finally got on stage at like 11 (2 hours past when they were supposed to) and everyone went nuts. You should have seen what went on during Irish Drinking Song! You just gotta love Flogging Molly!

Capernicus
12-09-2006, 02:01 AM
The only song I've heard by them is Devil's Dance Floor. I like the Irish flare. The lyrics are nice, and the rhythm pleases me. =3