PDA

View Full Version : guild wars any good?

smogthewise
12-07-2006, 10:03 AM
im so tired of buying games that suck!:banghead: i need to know if guild wars is worth buying ? thank you for your help

*FoX*
12-07-2006, 05:45 PM
well... first thing u should know, its its more worth the money than any other mmo...
its a one time pay thing! u worth have to keep paying and paying monthly...
second of all, i havent got it but my mate does, he recons its pretty good, but we get bored with mmos pretty easily...
so if ur a mmo fan n enjoy things like Lineage 2 or ragnarok, then u could probablt get it and get alot of enjoyment out of it! ^^,

hope this helps! ^^,

red storm
12-08-2006, 06:09 AM
well... first thing u should know, its its more worth the money than any other mmo...
its a one time pay thing! u worth have to keep paying and paying monthly...

And that's the only advantage Guild Wars has.

Guild Wars is not what you can call a true MMORPG. Why? Because in a true MMORPG you walk around the world and encounter other players. In Guild Wars, everything is instance based. The towns serve as waiting rooms where you form your party before going out in the world. Once you're out there, there's no way to find other players, unless you go back into town.

Me? It bored me in two days. I was hoping for something that could get close to World of Warcraft, but was sorely disapointed.

fullmetalx89
12-08-2006, 06:37 AM
im so tired of buying games that suck!:banghead: i need to know if guild wars is worth buying ? thank you for your help

Its not really buying unless you can spare the money for it but keep in mind the max level is 20, it gets boring easily, and theres only 2 expansions. In my opinion get WoW instead.

*FoX*
12-08-2006, 10:16 AM
well iv never payed for an mmo before, iv played tons of free ones, and iv played alot on private servers...
the one the i was most satisfied with? rappelz(sp?)
its by gpatato so its free and its in the L2 engine (unreal engine) so its got good gfx... its very similar to lineage 2, theres alot of players tho being a f2p mmo n all, sometimes it can get crowded, but i played it in beta so every1 was at the same lvl aswell, they might have spread out a bit by now...