PDA

View Full Version : Why do you watch anime?

Hamashimura
12-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Well...I don't really know if there was this kind of question,but here...
Can I have your reason for watching anime?
Is it for action,love,violent,or is it because of some other thing...?
Here's my reason:
Anime are talking universal story about growing up with many hard times,which is why most of anime characters are people between 13-24 year...Sure,anime are not realistic,and characters are far from being perfect,but still every character has his own dreams and hopes in which we can recognize ourselves...Almost every anime is showing us that everything have to end,and that end cannot always be positive...
Well that's my reason...
*I heard this somewhere before: Anime are showing us that this life we have is just one big game created by God.But even so,we are trying to do our best to beat the game under circumstances placed upon us,never knowing what will happen next...But that game can never be beaten,because at very end awaits Boss that cannot be defeated-Death...*
Sorry if there are spelling errors,I'm not perfect at English...:D

kyubichan
12-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Well, there is only one thing certain in life, and that is death. Maybe I should quote that on my sig...

Anyway, anime to me is as movies/soap operas/TV series is to others. I enjoy it for mostly the action. Although anime has otherworldly elements, there are those that mimic real TV shows, only animated. I also like the artwork, to me anime has so much effort put into it, as compared to Western cartoons. Also, it's Asian. Whoo-ooh! Yay Asia!!!

nars
12-06-2006, 11:41 AM
i dont mean to sound stupid or whatever..

but i honestly.. HONESTLY. dont know why i watch anime. there's just something about it that automatically attracts me to it..

i guess you can say its the artwork. but i feel like its more than that.

:banghead: i hate how i cant come up with a better reason

harusame
12-06-2006, 01:55 PM
I like anime because it's different than than cartoons we make in the US.

tobeza
12-06-2006, 04:08 PM
I like watching anime coz of the great storylines and I like the drawing style in anime. Also watching anime make me feel happy and relaxed :)

GaiSensei
12-06-2006, 08:16 PM
1. Cause it's fun, and a lot of us get bored easily >>;
2. Cause it makes you happy
3. Most of the time, anime shows have an interesting storyline, likeable albeit funny characters, and good artwork all combined in one (I like art and I love to read. So it makes sense that I would like anime and manga as well)
4. Several anime shows manage to compress comedy, life lessons, good advice, and inspiration into one simple story
5. Ever notice that a lot of these shows are about growing up and coming of age, rather than pointless arrested adolescence? (I can give you several examples of western animation that contains the latter if you'd like to know).
6. Many examples contain characters that are struggling, or trying to find something. And isn't life all about trying to achieving one's goals all the while struggling against adversity? These characters are self-motivated and confident. Even if they are weak, they desperately try to become strong in order to face difficult situations. Don’t make me get all mushy about this, please xD

And as for Life being “one big game”, I’d rather like to think of it as an experience. To be honest though, I do at times compare it to a video game in which you gotta go through all these levels. You can rest at stopping points, but it never stops. When you overcome one challenge (level), you go on to the next. At the end you face “the boss” (your greatest fears) and you have finally attained what you wanted in the first place... then ya die (game over). Lol :laugh:

Wow, I’m corny >_>; yeah um... God bless and start yelling at me xD

jewel2sparkle
12-06-2006, 08:50 PM
It's so different from other cartoons. I don't know, I'm just addicted.

chaos hero
12-06-2006, 09:18 PM
i like anime becose i like drawing themlike i drow inuyasha and naruto

Lord_Liberty
12-06-2006, 09:57 PM
hell if I know...

MasterLuna
12-08-2006, 05:58 PM
I watch anime because i enjoy it. I love the art work and I try to make some of my drawings look a little like anime, even if they don't really look that great...>_>

AnkoMitarashi
12-08-2006, 06:05 PM
I watch anime because I loved everything about it!<3

sasunarubishoujo
12-08-2006, 09:00 PM
because i have eyes and can read and watch it ^^