PDA

View Full Version : READ ME! Now!

wizz-o-matic
12-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Ok ... I think some people are still kinda confused about the new arrangement.
Dazzle Us is NOT the new testing forum, before posting READ the rules (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=40507).

Threads named like "username's testing" will be renamed!

wizz-o-matic
12-07-2006, 03:47 PM
*bumps*

To make sure that everyone reads it!

wizz-o-matic
12-30-2006, 07:32 PM
*bump*

an addition to the rules:
- Extractions goes to Uploads section! ... It's better to have them there ... so please don't post them in Dazzle us at all, neither in your show off threads. Instead create a thread for them in Uploads ^_^
We will take care of the current extraction posts in your threads in Dazzle Us ... so, don't be surprised if some posts goes missing.

And to define something: Extractions are not renders.

Render:

The process of combining your video and audio with any applied effects, such as transitions or filters, one frame at a time. Once rendered, your sequence can be played in real time.
The process of computing, pixel by pixel, one or more 2D images from 3D scene data, from the viewpoint of a simulated camera.
To process, as in processing, "drawing" or rendering the fractal.
To blend all multimedia files together in one master file format. Akin to baking a cake from all it’s individual ingredients.
This is the final step of an image transformation or three-dimensional scene through which a new image is refreshed on the screen.
A computer graphics process that removes hidden surfaces and jagged edges from computer-generated 3-D models by adding shades, texture, depth and other realistic attributes.
To draw images to your screen.

and more here (http://www.google.si/search?q=define%3A+render&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)
and NO ONE is mentioning the actual char extraction (except the one that mentions the "To extract the fat from meat by slow cooking." but that's not related to CG)

Yes, call me crazy .... but I can't stand see extractions being called renders!!

Thornwillow
12-30-2006, 09:57 PM
=
Yes, call me crazy .... but I can't stand see extractions being called renders!!

Wizzy, my friend ... you are crazy. XD Lol. But I've told you that before. Now, all of you who know me, know that i've been calling them 'Renders' as long as you can remember, but I have managed to re-label all mine as extractions. ^_^ So if Thorny can do it, you all can do it. ^_^ Thank you. :)

wizz-o-matic
01-11-2007, 09:34 AM
No, I'm not crazy ......... I have another announcement! We have a wallpaper section ... from now on, post all your wallpaper projects in there, I repeat ALL ... and fun wallpapering :3

MistressPookyChan
01-13-2007, 08:53 AM
What goes in this forum then?

wizz-o-matic
01-14-2007, 02:20 AM
What goes in this forum then?
Other CG related stuff (banners, vectors, etc) and sig+ava sets (for now).

FlashD
01-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Hey all ... recently we added a few new features to the boards which we hope will help mods with moderation in their own forum. As every other forum on AnimeForum [dot] Com, Dazzle Us is affected by this change too. We thought it's a good idea to let everyone know about it, so there won't be any panicking users. The new features are "auto-closing threads" and "auto-moderation".

Auto-closing threads:
This feature work only for inactive threads which get closed after a certain amount of time. We set it so it closes threads which are inactive for more than 60 days. If your thread happens to get closed, because of this new feature, please send us a private message and we will be happy to bump/re-open your thread.

Auto-moderation:
This feature was activated a while ago. We noticed it created not one grey hair to our new members. Auto-moderation works on new members only (0-10 posts) which post a link into their threads/posts. So ... if you are new and wish to open a new thread or post a post with links please post it only once. The thread gets posted but you can't see it. Mods will make it visible as soon as they see it. We had users who thought the thread wasn't posted and repost it an absurd amount of times. Also ... this feature works only for links, this means that if you want to open a thread and upload images using the "Manage Attachments" feature it will show.

Another note (IMPORTANT!):
Until now we closed an eye on some posts which doesn't follow the rules, since we recently made a huge change with all the new updates. We wanted to let our users get used to the new environment first, but now we will slowly start to follow our rules like they are written.
Recently we notice there are a lot of 1-4 word posts which doesn't really contribute to the thread at all, so we want to remind our users to contribute to the threads with more interest with comments the artist can help them self with. Posts like "I like it" or "I like it. Great job" will be deleted and after a few attempts the user will get an infraction. To prevent this we would like to encourage our users to post something more than just a one-liner or not to post at all (unless they like infractions) and to re-read the rules here (http://animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=40507), if they forgot them. O_o;;

~Sakura Haruno~
02-04-2007, 04:08 AM
lol i read this forum and i didnt understand anything xD