PDA

View Full Version : Metallica

Floating Lily
12-05-2006, 11:07 AM
What? No thread for these guys yet? Blasphemy! Every forum should have the Metallica thread.

Has any body seen Some Kind Of Monster yet? I've heard they don't get on throughout the whole documentary and storm out of the studio quite a few times after getting into hissy fits.

Hamashimura
12-05-2006, 11:48 AM
I saw Some Kind of Monster...It's awesome,but I like Metallica,so it's nothing strange that I liked it...Some Kind of Monster is about their lives,how they got on top,how everything started...Well if you haven't saw it,then you should,and if you saw it then you definitelly need to buy it...Or download it from somewhere...
By the way my favorite song is Fade to Black!!!I really like it,and for me it's the sadest song they made...

words spoken by:
Hamashimura

When I die I will become a Summon

Smitty
12-05-2006, 06:47 PM
I love tallica'. I also liked some kind of monster, but it made me hate Lars Ulrich. I didn't like him before, and after seeing that I lost a little bit of respect. The guys a good drummer, I'll give him that, but personality wise I thought he was a little childish. James and Rob rock out loud, they both are masters of their craft with some awesome chops.

Masali
12-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Metallica is Meh. Kill 'em All had some kick butt riffs, justice for all was really underrated, and I didn't mind the black album. But reload? What the heck? And then Saint Anger? That was terrible. James Hetfield is a tool, a real *** in real life too. Lars too. Kirk is a nice guy though, I hear. Not a very creative guitar player though.

Floating Lily
12-07-2006, 06:51 PM
I think about every Metallica fan though St. Anger was terrible, and those who think it's great obviously haven't listened to it. Though I could probably pre-occupy myself for a whole day happily listening to the Black Album.

Smitty
12-07-2006, 07:23 PM
St Anger was a let down, with the exception of a couple songs. My favorite albums are And Justice For All, Garage Days, and of course, the Black Album. Garage had some good stuff on it, and I think it's their most underated album. Not my favorite, but underated.

Kishiro
12-07-2006, 08:08 PM
I love me some Metallica.

I have a compilation CD that I made from Load, ReLoad, The Black Album, & ....And Justice For All.
S&M is great and all, but I don't like waiting for the songs to kick in... So I made my own compilation.
Let's see... It has 13 tracks, in this order...

1) ...And Justice For All
2) Blackened
3) One
4) Ain't My [expletive]
5) 2 x 4
6) King Nothing
7) Hero of the Day
8) Enter Sandman
9) The Unforgiven
10) Nothing Else Matters
11) Fuel
12) Unforgiven II
13) Die Die, My Darling (Originally by The Misfits [Danzig Era])

Out of all of the music from the second half of their career, I feel that is the best 13 tracks, seeing as how that is all one CD could hold! And yes, I do like Metallica's version of Die Die, My Darling better.

kakashi the copy ninja
01-14-2007, 08:16 PM
When metallica did the cover of hole in the sky and iorn man was such a good concert Hell yeah Metallica rules!

tobeza
01-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Metallica is my 2nd favorite band. I have all their CD's. My favorites albums are ...And Justice For All & Black albums.

Hamashimura
01-26-2007, 07:30 AM
I agree with certain names here-st.anger was really let down...I dont like that album...

Ryth
01-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Metallica is pretty meh. I only have one album to be fair, Master Of Puppets, and it didn't blow my mind or anything. it wasn't really all that entertaining. I'll stick to Pantera, Moonsorrow and such. Thanks. xP

Okita-Kun
02-01-2007, 01:36 PM
I think Metallica is a pretty good band but I think they're a slight bit over rated. Their first four albums were really good. However, since Justice they have had their moments but they've never come close to Ride the Lightning.

Out of all of the songs they released after Justice these were my favorite...
Unforgiven II
Anywhere I Roam
My Friend of Misery
Nothing Else Matters
King Nothing
Until It Sleeps

As for St. Anger, I really do think it had potential. I have seen some of Some Kind of Monster and I really liked some of the riffs. However, the lyrics were horrible. I also didn't agree with them giving up guitar solos (it's not that a band has to have guitar solos to be good so much as the fact that they only gave up guitar solos because they weren't cool anymore). I think the biggest problem with the album was that it was rushed. I actually do look forward to their next album however simply because Robert Trujillo is one of my favorite bass guitarists.

As far as the best of the 80s thrash movement is concerned, my favorite band is definitly Anthrax. They didn't sell out, yet they weren't afraid to try new things. They also had a sense of humor which is something that metal lacks (not that I do not love metal).

Hamashimura
02-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Okita-Kun
Anywhere I Roam

I believe it's Wherever I may Roam...

Melody Melancholy
02-01-2007, 02:28 PM
I love all the songs off of Metallica's CD Ten Thousand Fists.

Hamashimura
02-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Melody Melancholy
I love all the songs off of Metallica's CD Ten Thousand Fists.

That's Disturbed,not Metallica...

Okita-Kun
02-02-2007, 04:13 PM
I believe it's Wherever I may Roam...

Yeah, you're right. That was a mess up. In the song James says "Anywhere I Roam" but on the track listing says "Wherever I May Roam." I made the mistake because I listen to the song more than I look at the album cover and because I haven't listed to that song since ninth grade.

kakashi the copy ninja
02-16-2007, 11:16 PM
Eather way the song is known by both names.

bttr
02-17-2007, 10:04 AM
They can never have permanent bass player:wacko:.

~Aisu~
02-17-2007, 10:51 AM
if you to MTV.com, and get to videos, you can watch tons of metallica videos. My personal favorites are Unforgiven (Because I can play it on guitar), King Nothing, and St. Anger.