PDA

View Full Version : discuss: vampire anime and manga

twice_bitten8807
12-04-2006, 11:55 AM
i'm here to discuss vampire anime and manga. which one's do you like?which ones do u hate? do u agree with them? do u think vampires r real?
open to anything

full metal naruto
12-04-2006, 12:19 PM
i havent realy read or watched any so can u tell me some so i can read or watch them?

dragongundam009
12-05-2006, 02:12 PM
There are a lot of vampire show out there that i havent got to yet but here are some show i seen and like.

Blood:the last vampire, I seen the movie on tv, it's cool but to short.

Hellsing, I didnt like this show to much,dunt know why but i just didnt get it.

Moon phas,i just started watching this new show.I have vol 1 and need to watch more of it so i can see whats it about.

No, i dont think their real but it would be cool to be one if they were real and you could be like that one in that movie Qween of the damn. He could walk in the sun light and also had super speed,super srong,and age 1 year for evary 10 or 100,i think cant rember every thing.

twice_bitten8807
12-14-2006, 11:39 AM
soem good vampire anime and manga are hellsing, trinity blood, vampire knight.

yeah it would be sweet to be a vampire. u got all the plus's, but the minus's?

CapnJack
12-14-2006, 02:22 PM
I like a few vampire series, only because I know only a few. Hellsing, haven't seen it but interested. Im watching Trinity Blood on Adult Swim (cable, duh). That shows pretty good, I love the unique characters and fight scenes. Able is a pretty trippie person when he goes super-vampire.

But there's one anime that I really want to see but its still in Japan, a few mangas are here finally, but it probably will be a while for the anime to come over. That series is "Chibi Vampire Karin". From what I've seen its a very cute and touching series. Its about a teen vampire that has an embarrassing curse. In stead of needing blood to survive, she over produces it in her body and injects it in to victims, giving them more spring in there step, and at the same time helps her family feed without completely killing. The embarrassing part is if she gets over excited like over a boy she loves, her heart beats too fast and has a massive nose bleed. And I mean "MASSIVE". Makes you feel sorry for her at times. Its going to most likely get a 16 and up rating for the nudity but from what I've seen its going to be a very interesting and moving series. Im getting it, I might even buy the import if I cant wait!

Bluefox-chan
12-14-2006, 07:19 PM
But there's one anime that I really want to see but its still in Japan, a few mangas are here finally, but it probably will be a while for the anime to come over. That series is "Chibi Vampire Karin". From what I've seen its a very cute and touching series. Its about a teen vampire that has an embarrassing curse. In stead of needing blood to survive, she over produces it in her body and injects it in to victims, giving them more spring in there step, and at the same time helps her family feed without completely killing. The embarrassing part is if she gets over excited like over a boy she loves, her heart beats too fast and has a massive nose bleed. And I mean "MASSIVE". Makes you feel sorry for her at times. Its going to most likely get a 16 and up rating for the nudity but from what I've seen its going to be a very interesting and moving series. Im getting it, I might even buy the import if I cant wait!

i seen the first 2 eppys of that it looks good i cant wait to see more

~The Kitsune Queen Has Spoken~

Ja!
Foxy

sasunarubishoujo
12-14-2006, 07:33 PM
one ive really seen is trinity blood(love abel <3) ^ ^' its kinda sad but ya dont really have time with school and all

Jagan Eye
12-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Hellsing is a really great book about vampires. Its really amazing but kinda graphic.
Vampire Game is one of the best vampire books I've ever read. Its about this princess who saves Duzzell King of Vamps when he's a kitty and tries to help him find the person that killed him (btw: that person is in the Princess's family too)
Rebirth is another good vampire book, but I do think it is kind of sad.

Sand_Whale
12-19-2006, 07:05 AM
Hellsing will always be one of my fav vampire animes. Black blood brothers is fast becoming a close second though, realllly good anime. Vampire wars is also really good, its a bit old but thats half the awesomeness of it.

MasterLuna
12-19-2006, 02:00 PM
I like a few vampire series, only because I know only a few. Hellsing, haven't seen it but interested. Im watching Trinity Blood on Adult Swim (cable, duh). That shows pretty good, I love the unique characters and fight scenes. Able is a pretty trippie person when he goes super-vampire.

I absolutely adored this anime. I watched the entire anime on Youtube and I loved it. It's very touching and it may make you cry near the end, not that I'm gonna tell you why. I wouldn't want to spoil it for everybody. But those of you who like romance and, of course vampires, you'll love this anime. Well, I'll give you a sort of summary of this anime.

The story starts out with a girl named Karin who, like CapnJack said, has an embarrassing curse. But what CapnJack forgot to mention is that she also gets a nosebleed when a person of her blood type is near. And I mean the person who matches her blood taste, which is depression, or sadness (every vampire as a type of blood they prefer. For example Mrs. Maaka, or Marker, favors the blood of liars). She is able to go to school because she can withstand sunlight, unlike other vampires, so, in a way, she's the outcast of her family but only her little sister, Anju, accepts her. But her entire life changed when she met the new boy at school, Usui Kenta. And that's where the story begins.

ouch!itsme
12-21-2006, 12:54 AM
black blood brothers is pretty good...ive only watched a few episodes though so far and i really liked it.still waiting for the rest

mimichan1000
12-21-2006, 04:58 PM
I've been reading this in Shojo Beat called Vampire Knight it'll be released in manga from in january...
So far, i like what i'm reading!

zerog
12-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Vampire hunter D Bloodlust...

twice_bitten8807
01-02-2007, 11:42 AM
i can't wait to they release it. i got really interested in vampire knight a few months ago. but i came across another vampire hunter anime. it's about a girl who's suppose to hunt vampire's but she's lost her memory, until like her guide reawakens her memories. plus she lives with a foster dad and brother, because her family was killed. i think. plus i think she's like a agent of the state. like they made her that way. has anybody seen it or heard of it? i can't think of the name. i saw it in neopoint. a anime magazine.;)

twice_bitten8807
01-24-2007, 09:45 AM
the black blood brothers thats one i haven't heard of so far.

Anjiru Ookami
01-24-2007, 09:57 AM
fav vamp anime : Hellsing

do i think vamps exist?: NO WAY! the immortal turn into bats and fly around sucking ppls blood vampires dont exist...but the people who claim to be vampires and drink blood do.....they're wierd...but i supose thats the closest anyone has come to being a real vampire....

twice_bitten8807
01-25-2007, 09:51 AM
yeah i've heard of those, there are some who claim to be psychic vampires. they feed off of their victims energy. or something.

Crusnik02
01-26-2007, 09:17 AM
My favorite vamp anime are Trinity Blood & Hellsing. I own a copy of the limited editions 1-4 & am preoredering volume 5. After I get vol. 6 I'm saving my money to buy Hellsing & Hellsing Ultimate.

I also think that people who like vampires but not anime would still enjopy these series, because some of my friends don't like anime except for Hellsing & Trinity Blood because of the vampires.

shikamaruluv13
01-26-2007, 09:28 AM
i really like Trinity Blood i watch it on adultswim
my fav character on there is Ion he is so hotttt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:000ion.jpg
oh and the pope is hottt to i just dont know his name
http://blog.rodtv.com/images/anime/trinity_blood/episode_01/trinity_blood_ep_01_012.jpg

MilkNSugar18
02-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Oh boy. Vampire Hunter D is supposedly good, so I'm going to try and get into that. But my favorite is obviously "Hellsing".

Celtic Warrior
02-19-2007, 12:37 PM
I have seen Hellsing, Vampire Knight, and Vampire Hunter D (the original version) and I like them all.

Now as for if vampires are real, I don't think so. But there's something so mysterious about vampries that people fantasties about being a vampire and dress up as one on Halloween.

MilkNSugar18
02-19-2007, 12:41 PM
I don't really believe vampires are real either (no matter how fun it is to say they are) But it actually could be argued. Vlad Tepes was a real person, making Dracula a little less...fictional than people think?? I don't know..

Dolly no.1
02-24-2007, 02:30 AM
My fav vampire manga is 'The vampire gasme' its so funny!!!

Dolly no.1
02-24-2007, 02:36 AM
The Vampire Game is the best vampire manga i have ever read

twice_bitten8807
02-26-2007, 07:22 AM
yeah i think people who think there vampires, have a little to much imagination.

Lil~Shawty~Gurl
02-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Does anybody like Vampire Princess Miyu or am I the only one in here? lol

hinatas_boy
03-06-2007, 05:07 PM
:p anju is my wife

氷の動物
03-06-2007, 06:51 PM
I like Hellsing the action and characters in it are really cool.

Also the vampires in Gantz (the manga) have me interested in how the Gantz games are going to continue now that most of the best players have been removed and vampires are now playing. Made more complicated by the fact that the vampires killed the two best players of course..

br4ve
03-13-2007, 10:16 AM
hmm like everyone Hellsing and Vampire Hunter D

Vampire Hunter D is awesome - good story line, good animation, good voice acting, intriguing characters.

Hellsing...The animation is stunning and definitly pleasing to watch...

but the story line...?? That didn't impress me much at all! The series just seemed to jump all over the place - So ok we're a secret organisation who goes around pawning vampires and wannabe vampires and in every episode were faced with some sort of crisis that we must deal with. Most of the time we get the job done, even if it is at a high cost.

But we never do more then this - nothing unpredictable develops and some characters just seem thrown in for the sake of it. It was hard to form a connection with any of the characters as they just werent developed enough...

but in its defence it was only 13 episodes long (or rather short) and that makes it a little harder to develop a creative story
AND it was based on a comic series...so im guessing that has something to do with it.

...and as for vampires being real? They are as real as our imaginations will let them be, no more no less.

Madel5566
03-18-2007, 08:11 AM
I've yet to watch any vampire anime but I've read one vampire manga--vampire Knights. I have to say vampire stuff are fairly enjoyable and one true fact is that...They are all bishies!

sa5m
03-19-2007, 10:00 PM
The best Vampire story I have ever read is Vampire Knight (so far). There's romance, great art, and a not-so-traditional story. It's great!

And no... vampires are NOT real. It's so funny to think that they are. ;P

Toastie
03-22-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but here goes.
*ahem*
Hellsing! I admit, the Anime was less than impressive and very rushed; hardly ever saw my Scottish Hero Anderson; but it did look good. The Manga however, is Bada$$ amazing! Not only does Alucard, Seras, Walter and Anderson get even cooler, but theres no Incognito ( :) ) and their main enemy are Nazis: the bestest badguy's in the world. I gets better though, they're Vampire Nazis :cool: Loadsa action with gallons of blood and there's even some Impaling Vlad style! Come on Hellsing:Ultimate!

Sadly thats the only one I know of :rolleyes:, but I'm really wanting Vampire Hunter D!

FrootLoop
03-29-2007, 10:59 PM
My favorite vampire (and just favorite in general) anime is Blood+

It may not be technically about vampires, but there are vampire like creatures :D

My other favorite is Hellsing.
The one anime I felt inclined to buy :D

(I already have all of the Blood+ episodes :P)

keezy.
04-04-2007, 10:44 PM
I love the series Chibi Vampire (manga) / Karin (anime).i've seen every episode (w/ English subtitles), the anime only goes to episode 24. The mangas aren't complete but i own 4 volumes, which are the only ones that are in English. I also own the noval. also i do believe in vampires, there are ways that they can still walk this Earth, i'm not obsessed or crazy, but it's a possibility that not many people consider.

CrimsonMoon
04-06-2007, 02:39 AM
i'm here to discuss vampire anime and manga. which one's do you like?which ones do u hate? do u agree with them? do u think vampires r real?
open to anything

I have never really watched vampire stories that much but I love Vampire Knight. Moon Phase is, to me, boring. I haven't wached Vampiress Miyu. I'm still trying to think whether I should buy it or not, hehe...Nope, though as much as I like vampires, I don't think they exist. They're just imaginary.

irishbleu
04-06-2007, 06:29 AM
the only anime about vampire that I know is Master of Mosquiton.. It is funny & somehow cute.. XD

SirIntegral
04-28-2007, 12:47 AM
Hellsing is like an obsession for a lot of people now... at least people I know... The original 13 episodes suck. Sorry, but they're too... light... Definitely check out Hellsing Ultimate OVA. The 1st is in the US and the 3 is amazing.

Hagaren Otaku
05-20-2007, 03:41 AM
I've read Vampire Knight, and watched some of Trinity Blood. (Forgot some stuff) Karin and Moon Phase as well... (Until the Full Moon might count, but honestly, I thought it wasn't really that great.)

Vampire Knight has angst in it(Hooray for angst >=D) which makes me very happy. Plus, I love Matsuri Hino's art style, and her character designs are great as well.
Trinity Blood was good, but I never did see the whole thing... I skipped ALL the episodes with Cain(I guess that's how you spell it) in them, so when the last episode came on adult swim, I was completely confused XD

Karin/Chibi Vampire is probably my favorite vampire manga, because she's so awkward and crazy. Plus her parents make me laugh. (Ren does too)
Moon Phase is kinda so-so for me. Nothing incredibly special, yet, it isn't total crud.
As for whether I think vampires are real or not... I dunno. I don't really think so, but I'm hoping that if they exist, they're not dumb enough to get themselves found out XD

The Nightingale
05-30-2007, 12:25 PM
i like hellsing(anime), vampire knights(manga), chibi vampire(manga),

BlU3
05-31-2007, 09:26 AM
To me Vampire Knight has got to be my favourite vampire manga so far. It's not just good, it's great. The story just pulls you in.

As for my least favourite...... gah, none. I hardly ever read vampire mangas. Even if I had read them, sadly, I think I must have already forgotten their title. ^^;

Whether or not I believe in vampires.. hm. I don't think I do. But that's just me.

BiggSam
05-31-2007, 09:43 AM
I Like Blood+. Its pretty cool (and violent) and I like the awesome sword that Saya carries. Haji pwns too. I also really liked the parts of Trinity Blood that I saw, but I haven't really followed the series.

kiyoshimo
06-19-2007, 01:57 AM
The only Vampire related anime/manga I've read is Trinity Blood. However.. I've only read up to Volume 2. :] But it's really good so far.

Phantom Seeker
06-19-2007, 04:39 AM
blood +, hitsuji no uta --> almost like vampire ,& vampire princess miyu, is really good stuff