PDA

View Full Version : The White Stripes

BoldMushroom
12-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Talk about The White Stripes in this thread.

I'm not too familiar with the band, but... I just got my hands on Get Behind Me Satan a few days ago, and I've been listening to it and a few other albums exclusively. It's excellent. Definitely one of the best albums of 2005. The only song I don't like that much is Little Ghost, and even that is sort of entertaining in a kitschy way.

I've heard a fair amount of their older stuff, but not too much outside of singles and music videos... still, I will probably be purchasing another of their albums sometime soon. I'm thinking White Blood Cells, or maybe the Walking With A Ghost EP... any recommendations?

Ryth
12-06-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm a White Stripes fan as well. I have three of their albums; White Blood Cells, Elephant, and Get Behind Me Satan. I'd definitely get White Blod Cells next. Then Elephant, all are superb albums.

Since you like these guys I may reccomend to you the Fiery Furnaces. Not the same entirely, but they're close.

Gizoku
12-07-2006, 12:09 AM
:p The White Stripes will always be on my top ten bands.

But I prefer their older stuff rather than their new.
The only not so old one I like would have to be the song Blue Orchid.

Daenerys
12-07-2006, 01:55 AM
I like the white stripes, however I don't like the drummer. She's an obnoxious hack, and she's talentless. Jack is totally amazing though. With his visionary styles, and the other band he's in.

jewel2sparkle
12-09-2006, 05:04 PM
They are alright...nothing special to me. Really, this is the only band thread I recognize....

Slumber
12-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Great band.

Ami~chan
12-10-2006, 12:31 PM
They're okay; good enough for me to buy "Get Behind Me Satan", but not near good enough to be in my top ten.

Jack has talent, that woman doesn't.

Tsuna Kadiri
12-10-2006, 07:18 PM
I liked their song "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground", and that was about it. Never really got into their music.

Jack White looks like he'd be the kind of guy that would lock himself in his room and perform voodoo doll rituals or something. O_o

Music Fiend
12-23-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm a White Stripes fan. I've actually been listening to them for a couple of years now; it was difficult to get into their music, at first, but now they are one of my...top 100 favorite bands. xD Get Behind Me Satan is a great album...and the chick is kind of annoying; so I agree with the people in this thread who said or alluded to those things. Let's see, some songs I like:

~ "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground"

~ "Seven Nation Army"

~ "The Denail Twist"

~ "My Doorbell"

~ "Blue Orchid"

Masali
12-23-2006, 03:57 PM
They're not bad, but If I hear 7 nation army one more time I'm going to shoot someone.