PDA

View Full Version : DDR or ITG?

MixMasta DTF
11-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Anyone here a DDR or ITG player? I absolutely love both of them but lately DDR has been becoming quite boring while ITG is nice and challanging..

Slifer-san
11-28-2006, 06:35 AM
I'm more of a DDR fan all the way, like the songs~

Aura of the Twilight
11-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Same here I like DDR more. I think they should make a DDR with all the songs on any previous DDRs on it but that'd be just about impossible to fit on 2 discs let alone one, but DDR's still better in my book

MistaCloudStrife
11-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Been playing DDR since uhh... 2nd mix(Japanese). I don't much like ITG. I'm hardcore DDR; won't even give ITG a chance because it doesn't have any of the music I would like.

And I wouldn't really think ITG is more challenging since when I see people playing it, I can hear the steps with thier feet. The steps are for the most part on perfect beat whereas in some of the DDR songs they step with the lyrics instead. Those are pretty fun... IMO more fun than the songs that go just with the beat.

Fiery
11-30-2006, 10:42 AM
That's not necessarily true. I've played both, even though I'm a DDR veteran. I don't like ITG, really, because they timing's different than DDR's. You have to step about 1/10 of a second after you would in DDR, and it really throws me off.

As for the difficulty of some of the songs... it can get really tough. And I HATE the idea of mines and hands. Keep it simple, folks.

Regex
11-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Been playing DDR since uhh... 2nd mix(Japanese). I don't much like ITG. I'm hardcore DDR; won't even give ITG a chance because it doesn't have any of the music I would like.

And I wouldn't really think ITG is more challenging since when I see people playing it, I can hear the steps with thier feet. The steps are for the most part on perfect beat whereas in some of the DDR songs they step with the lyrics instead. Those are pretty fun... IMO more fun than the songs that go just with the beat.That's not the case for the harder songs. The timings and steps are quite different in In the Groove. What I noticed is that it was more about long "runs" rather than difficult step patterns. A different focus for a similar idea. Both games have their share of steps that go with the beat vs. lyrics. But be realistic. Most of the times, the lyrics are with the beat.

MistaCloudStrife
11-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Ehh... here's just one example of stepping on lyrics.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2QWKKN4bexk (remove if need be)

Ki Se Ki... Most of it's on beat but you can tell with part goes with the lyrics since the arrows colors are all different. Keep in ming youtube tends to off the video and audio too.

I'm talking baout these types of songs... There are several more but this was the song that was stuck in my head and I couldn't think of anything else.

And I believe DDR isn't just about the step patterns. Its pretty evened out when it comes to the songs. Each with thier own level of difficulties in whichever areas.

Stream- The "long runs" you spoke of.
Air- Jumping
Voltage- Peak step density.
Chaos- Offbeats, going with the lyrics, galloping, etc...
Freeze- Freeze Arrows

LittleMomo
11-30-2006, 08:07 PM
sorry ITG, but it just isn't the same with DDR!!! ^ ^ DDR is better.

Gizoku
11-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Prefered: DDR
Though if ITG is all I had I'd play it.

Missy
11-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Well I must admit that I haven't really played a LOT of ITG, but I played enough to where I realized that DDR is just better in my opinion.. and yeah, like Fiery said, the mines are just bleh. It seems like ITG just put it there so that it's not completely ripping off DDR... and I also noticed the arrows being a bit off or well.. different. I know of a couple people who've been playing DDR and when they played ITG, they liked it better.

But I guess it depends on each person hm?
For me, I'll have to go with DDR.