PDA

View Full Version : LoZ: Twilight Princess

Ami~chan
11-27-2006, 09:11 PM
I am proud to say that I now own a Wii. My Dad decided to give it to me as my early Christmas present; needless to say, I was thrilled when I ripped open the paper to see that Nintendo logo smiling at me.

And of course, I bought the Zelda game.

Now, twenty hours into the game, there's no way I can say I'm let down or dissappointed. The game is quite literally perfect. I love it; this new Zelda is going up on my shelf of fame with Ocarina of Time.

Has anyone else played it yet? Comments? Rants?

Regex
11-27-2006, 11:11 PM
I love the game in general, but I don't deny that the game adds its share of plot holes. I completed it on Sunday, and let me tell you, the last few boss fights are so much fun. The puzzles seem more complicated, adding more challenge than the previous games.

And just as frosting on the cake, the graphics are beautiful! This looks better than even some of the 360 games out there.

Princess Minako
11-28-2006, 08:02 AM
Wolf > real link

Seriously its so much more fun.

Regex
11-28-2006, 09:23 AM
Wolf > real link

Seriously its so much more fun.I prefer toys. Wolf Link can't use toys.

Princess__Zelda
11-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Is it a long game?I hope it is.I love long games.The Minish cap was kind of short,i felt really upest when i finished it,infact,i think i rushed it a little.But now i've started a new file and completed it again,but this time,i've only got two more hearts to find and only one Kinstone left to fuse.Does anyone know where it might be?
Oh,and by the way,Twilight Princess comes out on the tenth of December here,i cant wait!

Regex
11-28-2006, 10:03 AM
It's supposed to be the biggest Zelda game yet. As far as dungeons go, it doesn't have as many as Ocarina of Time did, but the dungeons are definitely more interesting than before, and the world is a bit bigger than before as well.
It certainly kept me busy for long enough.

Princess__Zelda
11-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Wow!I cant wait!It sounds brilliant!Umm,are there ReDeads?I'm scared of them,not in the Wind Waker though.

Nick_roge
11-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Is it true what some of my friends have said that as the Wiimote is swung so is your sword in the game?

Kit Katy
11-28-2006, 11:41 AM
it sounds fun. i hope to get a Wii soon and the zelda game.

Regex
11-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Is it true what some of my friends have said that as the Wiimote is swung so is your sword in the game?Well yes, but don't be mistaken. It's not like the sword swings the way that the remote is swung. It's more like.. Swinging the remote is the "sword button." Don't get me wrong, it's still a lot of fun to play that way, it just isn't a realistic immersive experience. I completely recommend the Wii version over the Gamecube version just because of that.

Nick_roge
11-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Well yes, but don't be mistaken. It's not like the sword swings the way that the remote is swung. It's more like.. Swinging the remote is the "sword button." Don't get me wrong, it's still a lot of fun to play that way, it just isn't a realistic immersive experience. I completely recommend the Wii version over the Gamecube version just because of that.Thanks, and ya i was planning to.

Ami~chan
11-29-2006, 06:33 AM
Don't get me wrong, it's still a lot of fun to play that way, it just isn't a realistic immersive experience.
I'm kinda glad you don't have to swing the remote like a sword; my arms would get sore. I was sore after playing Wii boxing, so forty+ hours of swinging my arms around wouldn't be fun.

I love the controls; they feel so intuitive. The only think I dislike is swimming; it's hard for me to get around underwater.

Regex
11-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Tap A, and point where you're going with the control stick. It's a little getting used to, but it's a lot more control than you've had underwater before.

ShinyaZel
11-29-2006, 11:44 PM
I beat TP early this morning, and I love this game. I would start another file, but I want to play some of the other Wii games first. This game had me in it's grasp during the first moments of playing it. For those who have beaten the game, or have gotten' far enough into it, I say to you the fourth, seventh, and final boss fights. Talk about fun!!

DarkShadow60
11-30-2006, 09:30 PM
*vomits hearing about the Wii* me I'm waiting for the GC release now thats something I'm physiced for. been waiting for along time I've been waiting for my copy which btw I preorderd maybe a year ago or so.

Innotech
12-03-2006, 01:11 AM
Ive put about a dozen or so hours into it. Now finished the third temple and taking my time getting to the 4th. This game really is thre new standard for action adventures. And to anyone wondering, swinging the sword using the wiimote is in no way shape or form tiring at all whatsoever. you can literally barely shake the wiimote and it will work fine. I dont think I will go back to playing Zelda with a Gamecube controller. It just feels wrong now :laugh:

Graphically, the games definitely gamecube appearing, but make no mistake, the artwork is, simply put, stunningly gorgeous.