PDA

View Full Version : PSP and Playstation 1 games finally unite!

Zanethose
11-27-2006, 08:05 PM
PSP version update 3.01 has finally brought about the big thing that many gamers originally bought the PSP for. Being able to play their favorite playstation games on a portable handheld. With the release of this update, gamers can now download Playstation 1 games onto their memory sticks and play them via the PS3. Now, obviously, this isnt as great at the current moment as it will be in the future as many of us dont own PS3's (myself included in that group) But i personally think this just adds another reason to the list of why we should by a PS3, what about you???

Ichiro Matsuchani
11-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Playstation really needs to do something about their PSP, since I have yet to find a single good game on the handheld. As a handheld in general, it fails in comparison to the success of the DS. I've seen it for multiple other uses, such as an Mp3 player, yet I already have one, so what's the point?

The only good things that I've heard about the PSP is traditional Ps1 Metal Gear Solid games coming out for the handheld, and that Elder Scrolls Oblivion is coming out for it too (Though I like the game, I'm concerned about how the PSP is going to handle the game).

P.S. This still doesn't merit the 600 dollar price tag.

MistaCloudStrife
11-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Actually Metal gear Portable Ops is going to come out for the PSP. If the original MGS comes out for the PSP, it's probably going to be a DLable version.

Portable Ops shouldn't even have a problem with the controls since it's going to be a game made specifically for the PSP.

As for Elder Scrolls.... It's going to be called Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion, similar game, but with it's own differences.

And I think the PSP's game library is getting pretty large... Good games are starting to come out and it's starting to gain some popularity. Last time I checked the PSP sales were up 250+% and game sales were up 160+%...

And I don't understand exactly what you're tlaking about.

I'm guessing you mean DL a PSone game onto the PS3 and connect and play via wifi(or bluetooth, whichever one) on the PSP... If so that seems pretty interesting, but not so impressive. I'd rather have a PSone game on the PSP pro duo cards and play them through a PSone emulator. Since if I lose connection, I won't lose my game.

Zanethose
11-30-2006, 07:49 PM
Actually, i mean that you download the games using your PS3, then you copy them over to your PSP and onto your memory stick ( or at least thats how i understood it). So it pretty much is an emulator.

KillerDragonX
11-30-2006, 07:58 PM
i dont know about psp and ps1 combining but im waiting for the new version of ff7 on the ps3 to come out

Regex
11-30-2006, 08:44 PM
i dont know about psp and ps1 combining but im waiting for the new version of ff7 on the ps3 to come outUnconfirmed rumor.

KillerDragonX
11-30-2006, 08:45 PM
no, ive seen it before, its real

Regex
11-30-2006, 08:46 PM
That was a tech demo they created, a simple demo to show off their PS3 prototype.

Zanethose
11-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Yea the FFVII Recreate thus far is just a rumor, it was just a tech demo to show off the PS3's power

But i know that they have made this with version 3.0 for the psp (first off i have it, and secondly i can get the link to the page, give me a second and i will find it)