PDA

View Full Version : Deftones

Kori Ice
11-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Whats your opinion on the Deftones?

Personally, I find their lyrics facinating. But my most listened to song by them it Hole in the Earth, so I don't know much about them or their music..

Suitcase Nuke
11-18-2006, 10:49 PM
That album is probably the best one they have done in a while, IMO. They seemed to decline for a bit, but Hole in the Earth is truely an excellent listen.

Gandizzl
11-19-2006, 08:36 AM
I love Deftones and I have done since their "White Pony" album in 2000.
"Around The Fur" is though the best album they have, got some of their best songs.
I can't really say that I'm a big fan of "Saturday Night Wrist", it has a couple of good numbers but that's it.
After I had heard "Hole In The Earth", which is really awsome, I had built up really high expectations and they just grew when I heard that Serj from System Of A Down were going to feature on a track.
But there is just something with the new album... I dunno what they've tried to do, to find back to their roots or try something totally different.
But I still find it good, Chino still has the poetic lyrics going and the instrumental part sits hard.

And Deftones is a awsome live band, I saw them this summer and it was an extreme experience.
Those guys got stage charisma beyond.

Luna13
12-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Deftones are quite good.I like them and Hole in The Earth is a wonderful song.

kingoftown
12-16-2006, 12:57 PM
I saw the def Tones in England at Reading Festival, and it was crazy how big they were there. I went to see British bands, but Def Tones put on a godo show. They are LOUD.

Abstract Me
01-02-2007, 10:09 PM
The only song I have ever heard of theirs was "Change (In the House of Flies)". I think I've heard Passenger though, and Minerva. I think I just remember the music.

But anyway, after listening to "Change", I wanted to hear more. But I just never got around to it. I'm such a procrastinator.

What did you say the best album was? "Around the Fur"? Maybe I'll get it in the near future.

kingoftown
01-03-2007, 04:39 PM
They are VERY LOUD. They aren't one of those dumb nu-mtela bands, though. They have substance in their music and lyrics.

Number_the_Stars
01-09-2007, 01:20 AM
"Change (In the House of Flies)" and "Hole In The Earth" are two of my favorite songs and are constant stuck in my head.... not that mind of course... lol

Ollie
01-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Have you guys ever heard "Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)"? Listening to the original is great, but the acoustic is so... down-y that it almost made me cry.