PDA

View Full Version : Angels and Airwaves

Masali
11-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Who would've thought that the leftovers from Blink 182 could make sappy love ballads that are actually good! If you liked Blink 182 then you'll like this band, and if you didn't like Blink 182 (like me) then you might like this band. They have some interesting songs, but can get samey. But if you have a special someone then play this while you're with them and lovin' is in your horizon. Trust me ;)

My personal favorite is "The War", "The Gift" and "The Adventure"

Tsuna Kadiri
11-12-2006, 06:13 PM
I like Blink 182 more than Angels & Airwaves. They aren't bad, I just think their stuff is a little too sappy. I know I can't really compare these by genre, but A&A reminds me of when the whole Box Car Racer side-project was going on a few years ago.

There's something about Travis, Tom, and Mark. To me it just doesn't seem right when they aren't all together.

Music Fiend
11-17-2006, 10:01 AM
I was a fan of Blink 182 when they were together, so when I heard that Tom had something going on called "Angels and Airwaves" I became pretty interested in it. I like Angels and Airwaves, but I agree with Tsuna in that they can get a little...sensitive with their songs; Blink 182 was more my style.

But the leftovers from Blink 182 (now +44) seem to being doing pretty well with "When Your Heart Stops Beating".

My favorite songs from Angels and Airwaves so far are their first and third singles in the U.S.: "The Adventure" and "The War".

Kristen
11-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Ah, good old Blink 182. While they seperated, "taking a break" they call it, Tom decided to start several side projects. This is only one of them. =) A very good one at that. Their sound is different, more with a sense of euphoria than hardcore like Blink 182 was supposed to be. I really enjoy listening to them, though Tom's not-so-soft voice could use some work or replacing, the overall sound is fine.

timewarp90
11-18-2006, 03:50 PM
*cries* I miss old blink 182!!!! *fetal position* WHYYY DID THEY HAVE TO GO?!! *rocks back and forth*

DarkMoonPrince
11-18-2006, 03:58 PM
I thought they were pretty good.

Daenerys
12-07-2006, 01:58 AM
This band irritates me. Not only because the bassist totally alienated and destroyed The Distillers, but because they suck, and they're just trying to ride off of the flame Blink 182 once was. +44 is doing an entirely better job, and the lead singer of angels and airwaves is a talentless nobody. He can't sing, well. Or at all, in my opinion.