PDA

View Full Version : GITS section needs re-write

Ketira
11-11-2006, 05:45 PM
...especially for GITS: Stand Alone Complex. Now that I have both the OST albums (1st & 2nd seasons), I can help straighten things out with this part of the site. You can't just go by the booklet for words..... at least not with OST1 (1st season). I found a few more songs on the album that have words than what's been printed in the booklet. I will also try to get the Cryllic/Russian "kanji" (since it's not like English at all! ;) ) of "Inner Universe" via PS and MS Word.

I can give a list of both GITS: SAC albums that actually have words, and even though I don't know other languages, I could post a "possible" translation that would scan to the music if a translation isn't available. I may know only English, but I know it very well, and I've done some songwriting to know how to make lyrics "singable". I'll be using Alta Vista's "Babel fish" feature (http://babelfish.altavista.com/ ) to translate, then try to re-work from there so that it makes sense in English as well as fit the music. (In fact, if there's a song that has the original language as well as the "romanized" version, I offer to do that as well --after this section is better organized.)

I think that each album should be separate, with each song having its own link --unless the song is on two separate albums. Then the two entries would go to the same link.

These are all suggestions, btw; I've loved what Allen has started and what you are trying to continue, and I sincerely want to help.

Xazy
11-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Hey Ketira! Nice to see you're still around :)

The backend is still being rebuilt, but I know that the page will be fixed up ASAP.

As a side note, the site that Allen started is still up at animelyrics.tv (and you're missed over there, too).

Princess Minako
11-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Anything you post we'll definately get on as fast as possible ^^

Kaitou Ace
11-18-2006, 12:06 AM
I could help with the russian translation if you post the cyrillic text.

Ketira
11-18-2006, 10:14 PM
Okay.... going from the song list, these songs have words:

GITS : STAND ALONE COMPLEX OST
---------------------------------------
run rabbit junk
stamina rose
where does this ocean go?
velveteen
lithium flower (ending song, first season)
inner universe (opening song, first season)
some other time
beauty is within us
monochrome
{they also have the "TV version" of both "rise" and "GET9", although the latter wasn't used in CN's telecast of the second season/ 2ndGig; not sure if you want those.}

GITS : STAND ALONE COMPLEX OST2
------------------------------------
cyberbird {linear notes include both English & Japanese translations; I figure this song is in Italian - maybe?}
rise (second season opening song)
i can't be cool
GET9
psychedelic soul
what's it for
living inside the shell (second season ending song)
i do
================================================== ==============
I think I'll download Musicmatch again; it seems to be the only player/ripper that can handle Japanese that also gives a good sound in the recording. Once I have screenshots, whoever wants to can romanize them to fit each song.

ZloyPryanik
12-13-2006, 04:49 AM
Can I offer my help in dealing with russian and cyrillic?

ST Paraila
12-19-2006, 02:41 AM
It's easy to find the english translations on the internet- I've seen them several times. But I suppose you want to translate it yourself?
Babelfish isn't always the best tool, especially if the language's syntax is different to the one you're translating to. I've tried translating Chinese and ended up with a string of jumbled words. ><