PDA

View Full Version : Bully

demonhuntersion321
11-10-2006, 02:04 AM
Bully is the coolest game i have played in awhile....

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-12-2006, 12:25 AM
I played it. It kind of sucked. Not as much as I thought it would, mind, but still enough to be a waste of time.

-Batman-
11-12-2006, 12:42 AM
I had some fun with it, but it isn't worth the 40 dollar price tag. Would I play it a second time through? No. But it was a bit...Refreshing? Something a little diffrent. The machanics in some aspect were a little flawed, but the array of weapons and diffrent acts of vandalism were fun. Kinda short too. I'd give it a 7.75 out of 10. Better than a 7.5, just falls short of an 8.

The Wing Man
11-12-2006, 02:52 AM
I rented it, and it wasn't what I thought it was gonna be and even though it had some fun stuff to do.I think there was potential wasted, but it is a game to rent and not to buy and that is my only advice for people who haven't played it.

Buruku
11-13-2006, 07:39 PM
I thought the game looked stupid, its probably ok for what it is afterall, X-play DID give it a 5 out of 5. 0.o I can't really figure that one out. :huh:

-Batman-
11-14-2006, 02:04 AM
The game actually got a lot of good reviews.
Basically, rockstar put it something like this in an interview a few months back.

"Bully is a walk down memory lane for anyone out of school and in the real world" And blah blah blah. Basically, they didn't make it for teenagers, despite the T rating, they made it for some older gamers in their late teens are 20's. Gives em' a sense of nostalgia. A lot of the activities in the game are basically repedative mini games, but hey, you can't expect a perfect game for a 39.99 price tag from release
(One guy who reviewed on gamespot payed 70. What a rip there, eh?)

German_Sniper9
11-14-2006, 07:43 PM
im going to rent bully, so i'll get back with my answer

Surgeon General
11-15-2006, 12:31 PM
The game suck and only kids would think it is cool beating people up with some kid.
It makes them feel powerful.

I rented it, hated itand died.

That's how bad it is. It is a GTA knock off and GTA is more funny then Bully. This game was a complete and waste of my time and I can't believe you guys enjoyed it.

-Batman-
11-15-2006, 12:53 PM
It is a GTA knock off

Because it's made by the SAME company. Or did you not realize this?

Surgeon General
11-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Because it's made by the SAME company. Or did you not realize this?Aww how cute one of the aliens is talking to me.

Of course I know that. GTA was one of their better games. They tried to make it more child oriented and I say we need more SEX CHEATS.

Regex
11-15-2006, 01:14 PM
GTA3 was not a great game the first time around, and it was even less of a good game in its third copy of the same game.

The "hot coffee" mod was not a cheat. It was removed from the game because it was a) Too adult-oriented, and b) Too stupid to be worth the trouble.
The only people it really would appeal to are 14 year old boys, and people who act 14.

Ami~chan
11-15-2006, 01:16 PM
I might rent it, but I don't know. I'm hearing some pretty mixed reviews, so I definately won't buy it.

It got a five out of five on X-Play and some pretty decent reviews. Gah, I don't know; if I have the extra money, I might pick it up.

I stil can't believe how much of an uproar it caused, and then it only recieved a T rating. It was ridiculous how much hell Jack Thompson raised.

DarkMoonPrince
11-15-2006, 01:19 PM
The game pretty much bored me . . .

-Batman-
11-15-2006, 11:31 PM
Aww how cute one of the aliens is talking to me.

This sarcastic comment coming from someone who thinks he's a doctor. (Refer to "Suck the fat out of someone?!!?!" topic in misc)

I stil can't believe how much of an uproar it caused, and then it only recieved a T rating. It was ridiculous how much hell Jack Thompson raised.

That's because Jack Thompson is a fool. He thought the game would spark up school shootings...For christ sake Jack, the game didn't even have WATER guns in it.

snakegaer
11-17-2006, 08:42 AM
it's real fun to play bully. hitting students and teachers!!!

Hanzo
11-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Bully is cool...but if they were to just make it a new GTA with schools around the place...yeah...would be almost the same...except with more violence.

Ami~chan
11-19-2006, 01:23 PM
That's because Jack Thompson is a fool. He thought the game would spark up school shootings...For christ sake Jack, the game didn't even have WATER guns in it.
I know; I had the extra money after filling my car up with gas, so I rented it from Blockbuster. I only have about five percent completed, but I'm enjoying the game so far. I freakin' hate the English classes though. I've failed english 3 twice now.

I like it because it's easy; it doesn't take a year to figure out how to work it. It's actually much easier than the GTA games.

But still; the voice acting is well done.

~Mithrosent~
12-02-2006, 04:08 PM
I had some fun with it, but it isn't worth the 40 dollar price tag. Would I play it a second time through? No. But it was a bit...Refreshing? Something a little diffrent. The machanics in some aspect were a little flawed, but the array of weapons and diffrent acts of vandalism were fun. Kinda short too. I'd give it a 7.75 out of 10. Better than a 7.5, just falls short of an 8.

i agree. i think that it was about a 7.5 and i dunno if i was bored maybe i would play it through again.
~geni~