PDA

View Full Version : AnimeLyrics.com Lyric Discussions

Princess Minako
11-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Hey all and welcome to the new AnimeLyrics.com forum!

This forum is for discussing lyrics you have currently in translation or ones you have questions on to upload to AnimeLyrics.com, from romanji to english! Post your questions, comments, or complaints :P here!

Rules of the forum are pretty easy.

No swearing, no flaming, no fighting, no biting

Don't Spam and stay on topic.

This forum is not for requesting lyrics, its for discussing current ones you yourself are translating.

Happy Posting!!

mikk
11-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Great Community always head to them when I'm in need of lyrics ^^

Edit
Are we aloud to post English songs from Anime's? Or only Japanese songs?

Gjallarhorn
11-06-2006, 04:42 PM
One question:
When submitting lyrics that are not from an anime (as the site also hosts lyrics for various J-pop artists), should we post them as in a thread, kind of like : [Lyrics] Artist - "Song" ?
And for anime/games: [Lyrics] Anime/Game - "Song" - Artist ?
Basically, what type of set up would you like for submissions?

Princess Minako
11-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Please look at the Lyric submission forum for your answers to that question ^^

Gjallarhorn
11-06-2006, 05:40 PM
[This part has been removed due to the clearing up of a misunderstanding.]
And in reference to my last post, is it okay to post non-anime lyrics?

Princess Minako
11-06-2006, 05:42 PM
I believe we have Jpop on there so you can do J-pop and dancemania.

and I think that should be alright, just put that you didn't do the translation you're just submitting them. If you know who did that would be great tho.

Please make sure that the translations are acurate tho ^^

Princess Minako
11-06-2006, 09:22 PM
all of the above.

Alias-Revolution
11-06-2006, 09:46 PM
I must compliment you on this. It's a great idea and a wonderful addition to an already wonderful site.

When posting lyrics, is it required that we also post the artist and/or group that performed the song, or should we just post which show it's from?

Princess Minako
11-07-2006, 09:27 AM
NEW POLICY!!!

We will only accept lyrics that you have translated yourself. Sorry I was unaware of something when I answered your question before. I appologize for the misinformation.

bah
11-08-2006, 04:10 AM
I must compliment you on this. It's a great idea and a wonderful addition to an already wonderful site.Uh? The idea is nothing to do with these people - they stole it from the real AnimeLyrics when they somehow took over the domain name. AnimeLyrics has always had forums and user submissions.

Princess Minako
11-08-2006, 05:55 AM
Because we've always owned the domain name and were getting the short side of a partnership from PMak. You can look up the history of the domain name and see that we have always owned it. We just finally dissolved that partnership because it was quite unfair to us, and took total control of the site. We tried to buy the database and thats when PMak, without telling anyone, just decided to move. We have not said anything negative nor flamed him for cheating us out of over $32,000 (which he recieved in ads while illegally claiming to own the domain). Please do not come to our site and flame us.

But I guess its just easier to assume stuff rather than hear the full true story then make a decision. :P

Soichiro
11-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Uh? The idea is nothing to do with these people - they stole it from the real AnimeLyrics when they somehow took over the domain name. AnimeLyrics has always had forums and user submissions.
Just a suggestion, but you should probably stop overreacting so much. Saying things like "they stole it from the real site, they're fake" is a good way to start a flame war (and I've seen you do that in all 3 of your posts that I've read here), and besides, as the admins have already posted, they have a good reason for what has happened.

Sakura Koneko
11-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Because we've always owned the domain name and were getting the short side of a partnership from PMak. You can look up the history of the domain name and see that we have always owned it. We just finally dissolved that partnership because it was quite unfair to us, and took total control of the site. We tried to buy the database and thats when PMak, without telling anyone, just decided to move. We have not said anything negative nor flamed him for cheating us out of over $32,000 (which he recieved in ads while illegally claiming to own the domain). Please do not come to our site and flame us.

But I guess its just easier to assume stuff rather than hear the full true story then make a decision. :PNoone offered to give the true story prior to now, which is why people are confused and a bit worried. A lot of the people that will end up flaming are probably mostly worried about their lyrics contributions not being credited. I know in another post you said that it would be handled at some point, but I'm a bit curious as to how. Is there a program you're using for it? Because I just don't see anyone wanting to go through every set of lyrics in order to find the contributor name/correct any incorrect information (like singers, songwriters, etc.).

I can understand how you'd be upset about what apparently happened with PMak. Was there any kind of contract that was made between the two of you? Because if there was, you should see if there's any kind of legal action you can take to try to get the money that belongs to you.

Xazy
11-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Hi everyone,

First of all I want to apologize on behalf of any former animelyrics.com (now .tv) contributors who might have come here causing problems, as I'm partially responsible for not dispensing all the proper information yet (I am INSANELY busy right now).

Secondly I want to make public the fact that I intend to help the current animelyrics.com rebuild the contributor database in any way possible, if necessary. Even my own lyrics aren't credited here. ;P I still haven't decided if I'm only going to assist in maintaining one of these sites (if not both or neither), but I feel that it is absolutely important that any site containing the aforementioned lyrics give proper credit to the people who worked on them.

If anyone has any questions for me personally, I encourage you to EMAIL me at [email protected]

Thank you (and sorry for the interruption)

Dramon no Shiro
11-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Hello, I'm new here, but not to Animelyrics.com, although I was surprised that the layout to the site changed. owO

This might not make sense, but I'll give it a shot. >w>

I have a question about posting lyrics. There were some songs I was looking for in Animelyrics but weren't available. I wanted to request lyrics for them, but then I decided to try to get them down myself (yay me :p). However, I'm not so nihon-literate, so interpretted the lyrics down phonetically. It was kind of difficult to get some weird-sounding words, but it helps when you know at least some familiar nihon you hear from other songs. I at least looked up some of the words to see if they're relevant to the song and/or context. ;)

My question is, is it possible to post up untranslated lyrics (just the romaji) for proofreading? The lyrics I have in mind are from Onmyou Taisenki, and I've already tried looking for lyrics for their songs but there were only ones for the TV versions. Pretty much, it's only the romanji that I'd like to be proofread.

I feel like this is a silly question since I've already looked up some words and that would sound like I'm on the process to translating them, is it? ^w^;

Soichiro
11-08-2006, 10:34 PM
If there's proofreading needed, it would most likely belong in the Lyrics Discussion forum (instead of the submission forum or anywhere else) :)

AzureDark
11-08-2006, 10:51 PM
I just like to say thank you for inviting Xazy over to help at least in rebuilding the contributor side of the lyrics. I wouldn't have forgiven it if you all blocked us completely and start up a rivalry.

I respect both Pmak and Kaitou Ace, both are great names in the internet, Kaitou with AG.net and Pmak with Shoujoai. I just don't want to see one side boasting around for months - clearly, you've already won, so stop defacing the losers.

Because both ALs can't live without contributors. Especially those who can't afford their own site - I'm not Cori or someone of the same stature - so you can say it's a complicated relationship we have here, we need you to post up our work and you need us to... well, be a better lyrics site.

For now I'm gonna watch and see what happens, if this site does try to be fair and strive to be a good lyrics site with well-versed contributors I'll be more than happy to offer you my expertise.

Princess Minako
11-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Actually I am willing to go through each and every lyric on every page and make sure that they're all correctly credited. But we want to wait until the entire site is finished coding, which should be by this weekend. Please do not take anything that I've done as boasting. You have to imagine what its been like for us when we've recieved flame emails, posts, private messages, and even someone went so far as to post that Kaitou was a "nazi pedophile anime-hater". All because they don't have the full story. We are a bit defensive right now, and I appologise about how I sounded.

We have invited Xazy, and all of you because we WANT to credit everyone, and we WANT to have a high quality site. If you see your lyrics that are uncredited PM me, I will pass it along to kaitou, who is working in every second that he has the time to finish the site up, who will get those credits up ASAP. I even told Kaitou yesterday if someone gets me a list of all uncredited work, I'll find the answers and submit them back to him. But if I have to, I'll go through each link one by one... this may take a lot of time, but I'm willing to do it.

You'll find that Kaitou and myself put a lot of time and energy into our sites and we hope that you do find them high quality and enjoyable. We know this site is nothing without its contributors and is only as good as the people who keep it running. As with all my sites. Galleries is supported by people who submit pictures, and my forums are supported by the people who post. Not to mention they wouldn't be here without the people who help me run it.

Please feel free to PM me with ANY questions you have, and PLEASE PLEASE PM me with the list of stuff thats yours and isn't credited. This is something we're working on and something that is important to us to complete. Thanks <3

Nigallome
12-18-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi~Hi All!! :happy:

I'm new here, and I join 'cos i need help...

I'm playing Audition (a dance~battle game -online-) And i cant get the lyrics of it's songs. I can get some english words but any japanese... I'm chilean, so.. my english audition isn't that good enough...

Please, help me with this!!!

I'm counting on u guys ><!!! I know u can, 'cos I always go to www.animelyrics.com and the page is pretty good and complete.

Nigallome~

P.S.: U can find me in Audition with the name LeThEnia (to send whispers, u have to write /w "name of the char") Bai~Bai =D!

P.S.2: i have problems to publish a new thread, so i came to write it here.. ^^

Princess Minako
12-18-2006, 02:38 PM
please don't advertise other gaming sites here. That belongs in video games for one, and two we don't allow advertising other sites on ours. your post has been edited.

Kazuki Reio
01-08-2007, 05:32 AM
Stupid me posted a request without looking here first. ><

I have the romanji lyrics for what im looking for. (well actually its not the whole song but just the parts used for the opening of the anime) I was gonna post what I have, but that would be no good. And even it was, I can't pass the japanese language test anyways. >< If it would be possible, where could I put what I have so far? I believe that its pretty accurate.

winry039
01-25-2007, 05:26 PM
imnew here so how do you submit anime lyrics?

midori4
03-04-2007, 05:16 AM
konbannwa......:unsure:
hello there...
im a new member of animeforum.com and i have a few problems because i can't pass the japanese test huhu..huu....:(

+="MiAkA"=+yUkI"=+
Midori4

LavaBug
03-04-2007, 06:14 AM
it would be helpful if you told your problems oO
is passing the test one of them?

althea
03-13-2007, 08:11 AM
I just want to know if the titles for the animes here should be in Japanese? I'm trying to look for anime lyrics for Honey and Clover but I can't find one. Does that mean that I should enter its Japanese name, or AnimeLyrics just don't have it?

LavaBug
03-13-2007, 08:32 AM
no you dont need to enter japanese names, we just don't have songs for this show yet, i',afraid.

el-niea
04-23-2007, 08:51 AM
winter love-boA. can't find it:(

Ωmega
04-23-2007, 08:54 AM
I just had a general question.
I have the ending songs from Fatal Frame 2 and 3, both done by Tsukiko Amano, but I obtained them by simply copying the subtitles at the end of the game. Is that ok to submit, or do I have to actually translate it myself?
I mean...it was translated for me by Tecmo...

Ptolema
06-04-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm new here, and I must say the forums and their rules confuse me. I have a question, but I'm not sure of where to post it. So, hopefully I won't be wrong in posting it here. My sincerest apologies if this doesn't belong here.

I own a L'Arc~en~ciel album, and it brings not only the kanji/hiragana/katakana lyrics with it, but a romaji version, too. I'd love to submit the romaji lyrics from the booklet, but apparently I have to take a Japanese test. And even though I can read hiragana "fluently" and understand a good amount of katakana, my kanji is unstable. I have a book I can use to take the test, but I'm not sure if it'd all be accurate and if I'd get penalized for submitting the wrong translation.

Is there any way I can submit the romaji lyrics I have without taking the test? I'm sorry, again, if this is the wrong place to ask this (I'm new, and even though I've read the rules in the forums, I'm slightly confused), and also sorry if I make no sense.

Kaitou Ace
06-04-2007, 07:49 PM
When you go to submit, it should offer you a link to where you can submit the official version of the song. You have to use the footnotes field to clarify where the romaji is from. So long as you do that, we will be able to approve the submissions. Also for the test you can take just the transliteration version without filling in the translation, and if you get most of that right, it'll let you submit romaji lyrics.

Thanks ^_^

Ptolema
06-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Oh, okay! I see. Thank you very much, I appreciate you helping me.

Mazi
10-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Hello! I just have a small, very, very small contribution to make. And it's for the Katamari Damacy lyrics in the video game section. The translation to the title of the song, "Que sera sera." The actual translation for this is, "What will be, will be." I just thought that you wanted to know, and I'm not even sure this post belongs here. But, anyways... maybe that will help future searchers to figure out what that name of the songs means.

pokenar
10-26-2007, 12:49 PM
good but 1 thing there is a second japanese pokemon battle fronteir opening not just one the one you have up is number 1 or A i can link you to the second if needed

LuffyGirl509
12-13-2007, 08:02 PM
I've been looking for the lyrics of Utae! Jingle Bells from One Piece but I can't find it anywhere. I saw they have the kanji and translation but all I need is the romaji lyrics. Is that ok to request?

cranston
12-14-2007, 05:32 AM
The first post says that "This forum is not for requesting lyrics, its for discussing current ones you yourself are translating."

Has this been superceded?

AzureDark
12-14-2007, 07:52 AM
I guess so, since the Lyrics Discussion board was made much later than the first post here.

But anyway, requests should be done on a new topic.

atomictronic
01-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Hey, so i've been looking for the romaji/japanese lyrics for AI sentai Tachikomanz... but no luck until i watched the tachikoma days and bam there it was so i thought oh i can out it up on anime lyrics...but that test thing...i don't know kanji. i can read katakana and hiragana but i can't translate it. i know lame of me. but maybe someone else can post it. so here it is.

Hitori de itemo fukusuukei -even when alone, we're in a non-singular state
seibetsu nante nai keredo -though we have no distinction in gender
tachikomanzu wa -the tachikomanz are
seigi no mikata -on the side of righteouness
tachikomanzu wa -the tachikomanzu are
heiwa no akashi -a testament to peace
warai jougo de namida moroi -laughs at the drop of a hat, and easily moves to tears
kenka itazura don to koi -fights or pranks, just bring it on!
inochi wa nai keredo -we have no life
inochi wo sukuu suupaa eeai -but are super AI's that save lives
itsuka te ni ireruze -one day we'll make it ours
akogare no goosuto -that ghost that we yearn for
aa~ minna no kibou sa -ah~ it's everone's hope
bannou robotto -the all purpose robot
eeai sentai tachikomanzu! -A.I. tank squadron tachikomanz!
eeai sentai tachikomanzu! -A.I. tank squadron tachikomanz!

again, i don't know if the english is correct or if the japanese is either. but at least its something. so don't get mad at me if its wrong ok?

sasusakusai4ever
01-27-2008, 09:08 AM
how come animelyrics.com is not working 4 me it will show dat username or password is invalid and it wants me to retry wen i retry da page will show up

AzureDark
01-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Use your AnimeForum username and password to log in.

x_one_Alpha
03-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone

I have been looking for the lyrics of the opining song of ASTROGANGA.. but i cant find it could any one add it .... thx

mikkihimeya
03-12-2008, 03:54 AM
im newcomer here in this forum.... how can i submit some lyrics were having romanji and english translation? by d way im speak japanese frequently and also can sing some of my fave anime themes and j-pop liked KATTUN

2animesgirl
05-04-2008, 01:56 AM
I'm kinda new here,and want to get some songs,the lyrics and song,but how do I?I've looked around a bit,but I cant seem to figure it out.If anyone would be so kind as to help me.I'm trying to get Sayonara,and other songs by Full Moon wo sagashite,upon other singers.Help!!!!!!!![/I]

ssjup81
06-20-2008, 02:57 AM
Hi there. I'm pretty new around here, but a long-time lurker on animelyrics.com. I wanted to submit some lyrics, and it told me to log in. I did so, but for some reason, when I go back, I can't view pretty much anything. It said I typed in my user name and such wrong.

How do I go about submitting lyrics to the JPop section or request a group? I wanted to put up the lyrics to a song by the new group THYME.

EJTranslations
06-20-2008, 01:17 PM
You don't have clearance to submit lyrics yet -- you need to take the test. (Click on the little tab that says "Tests" on the main animelyrics.com site.)

animebuster22
01-01-2009, 07:11 AM
i have the english lyrics but i need to translate this passge and i dun know how to PLZ HELP

kujima
02-17-2009, 11:17 PM
good afternoon..
hi everybody im kujima... i dont now yet how to be close to everyone ???? i love anime and this forum can realy help me in my job>....im a tourist guide for the japanese and i want to learn a lot of japanese...help me ok?

kujima
02-17-2009, 11:38 PM
hi
how is your days me im fine..by the way im a new member ..can you send me some nice lyrics guys with the translation of english???

kujima
02-17-2009, 11:42 PM
if you read my posting can you pls send me in my yahoo mail i want to know are my new friends??? this is my address [email protected] thanks everyone....have a nice day...

ArtemisA
02-17-2009, 11:49 PM
kujima, there is a Japanese forum, for discussing Japanese. This is the lyrics forum, specifically for discussing lyrics.

OtakuInu!!!
05-18-2009, 12:08 AM
I have a question. Does anyone know the song Itsumo by K-9 and Dice and Sashi? Also, can that qualify as a Japanese song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-RogcZ_VGE
click on the link to hear what it sounds like!!!

Because I want to make a request so that someone can put it up!!!

berong1991
06-28-2009, 07:36 AM
Anime : Card Captor Sakura
Song : 24 - Twenty-Four
the link's info : "File not found, 404"
please fix it. Thx :)