PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Underdog Of Any Game

Anime is poison
11-04-2006, 12:54 AM
Well all know part of being a hero, is being an underdog and still rising to the top. But which hero or character was at the greatest disadvantage and still rised to the top? Could it be Link who had to take on powerful enemies at a young age? Could it be Tommy Vercetti who rose through the streets of Vice City with practically nothing? Could it be Cloud who broke through all barriers in his way to save the world? So many to choose, but just one choice. So who would you choose?

bakakame
11-04-2006, 01:18 AM
Mio from Fatal Frame 2.

A little girl chasing after her twin sister through a haunted town that's slowly driving them both insane, with only a camera for self defense.

-Batman-
11-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Could it be Tony Montana who rose through the streets of Miami with practically nothing?

>>Fixed

And off the top of my head I can't think of anyone from past games I've played...So I'll just go with a recent game and say Jimmy Hopkins from Bully. A juvinille deliquint hated by an entire school of bullies and punks, to come out in the end as the big hero.

*.:Endless Sky:.*
11-04-2006, 05:57 AM
Anyone from Silent Hill.

Everytime, I think being in those games with that life would absolutely suck.

Nineteenth
11-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Well all know part of being a hero, is being an underdog and still rising to the top. But which hero or character was at the greatest disadvantage and still rised to the top? Could it be Link who had to take on powerful enemies at a young age? Could it be Tommy Vercetti who rose through the streets of Vice City with practically nothing? Could it be Cloud who broke through all barriers in his way to save the world? So many to choose, but just one choice. So who would you choose?
Um, none of those guys were Underdogs. Link was the legendary chosen hero, who is so well equipped to face any situation, which ironically, he apparently has to do over and over and over. How many times has he saved the world already?

Tommy, is not an underdog. I would not believe they would send one man to start his own personal cartel if they did not believe he was -more- than capable, like all other named and unamed GTA characters (nameless guy 1, 2 and 3, claud S, Claude, CJ etc.

Cloud is not an underdog, any character who somehow surivives getting shot in the chest numerous times, stabbed, blown up , falling from a thousand meter height, -insert antics only Looney Tunes could surivive here-, and still manages to run around like he's the "good guy" ( you're not the good guy when you kill more people than the villians.), while the only barriers he broke were common sense.
-----

True underdogs are charcters like U-1/ Yuuwan, forced into a conflict they've no understanding, nor do they even have the common sense to be fully aware of what's going on. You know it's not your day when a guy in a bee suit tries to kill you.

The characters from Call of the Siren and Call of the Siren 2, a bunch of average normal people thrust into an nightmare beyond comprehension and yes, alot of them do die.

Silent Hill characters as mentioned are underdogs, with the exception of Walter.

Super Punch-Out, where you played as that tiny little dude, he was an underdog, he was the ALMIGHTY underdog. You go from a nothing to fighting a gigantic hulking nearly screen filling dude for the title of worlds greatest boxer. LOL.

Oddworld,(the first 2 games) you're abe, a guy who dies in 1 hit, a rather simple chap with a rather simple life, then he learns they're gonna turn us into LUNCH and does the most obvious thing, run like hell. Forrest Gump style antics ensue and in the end? You're the savior of the race, but , they still treat you like chump change, everyone else wins.

Attonement, the game based on underdogs. Every playable character is a person who is more likely to sit in a corner and cry about their problems. That is, until you possess them...