View Full Version : [TV series] Noein

gogogoh3
10-25-2006, 12:22 AM
Noein

Type: TV series, manga,

Episodes: 24
Genre: Adventure, Drama, Romance, Science Fiction

Company: Bandai

Plot synopsis: The main character is Haruka which is a 12 year old girl who goes to school and lives with her mother. Yuu, who is Haruka's childhood friend, studies hard to go to Tokyo. When Haruka and Yuu we young they promised to run away together. On the other hand, Yuu from 15 years into the future appears tries to capture Haruka who has the Dragon’s Torque. At the same time many of the events and friendships go back and forth between time and space…

Story (9/10)

The story is very unique in that the story it self takes place in not one place in time. From the past to the present to future, the events in which occur are well set and again well balanced. The best part about this anime is the story’s ability to change from one setting to the other without disturbance or confusion.

Characters (9/10)

The characters are also very unique in that there are two Yuu and so on. Plus the ties to the present Yuu to the future Yuu are fabulously nit together. Just like Yuu, other characters are also that way which make the whole series so exciting.

Art/animation (8/10)

The animation has NO blood in it, in fact Noein is rather very clean in this way. Also what makes the animation excellent is that many of the character’s powers are explainable or connected scientifically. The art of Noein is different in that the pictures not totally clear like other animations but more artistically (this is my opinion).

Voice acting, music (8/10)

I am not really knowledgeable in the voice acting area. Though music to Noein is unlike any other animation series I hear before. The music well fits the animation. Noein ost has many strings songs, piano songs but most of the songs are rather light and orchestra like.

Overall (9/10)

Noein is sadly an anime over looked and it’s able to get much attention. I heard that Noein wasn’t able to air in japan or anywhere else. Also Noein didn’t make it to the top list either but I would recommend watching this anime to everyone. Noein is simply a wonderful anime.

This my first review so please pm me if anything needs changing, or anything at all =)

katayamadono
08-22-2008, 05:22 AM
Plotline: 9/10:
I never have seen quite an anime like it. It definetly hits up there in my top animes. It was definetly unique and held its own mysteriousness. Although, at times it was hard to follow, if watched carefully and slowly, it is a brilliant concept.

Characters: 10/10:
One of my favorite character animes. There is a bit of angst and cliches in the characters, but the idea of them, but they never stay the same throughout the anime. Each character has a potential change that makes them great. At first, I hated Yuu, but in closure, even he ends up remarkable.

Animation: 8/10:
I personally loved the animation, but when you got down to it, it was not that amazing. It seemed as if every few episodes, the artist would be different, and the fight scenes were often hard to follow, the movements scetchy. The color was great, very glum, but bright all at once.

Voice Acting/Music: 8/10:
The english voices fit well, but they arent as amazing as the Japanese. My biggest problem with the English, was that one of the characters who most dont know is a boy, they voiced as a girl, so it would seem less contraversial in the implication of him and another male character being a bit close.

The music was magnificent, as in opening and ending themes. As for the in anime music, I really was too engrossed in the anime itselt to notice.

Overall: 10/10:
I will admit, I am glorifying it a bit much, but people seem to look at it and shrug it off, when the truth is it is so much more impressive them most animes out there. Perhaps it is not an anime for the impatient, but when you actually take the time to watch it and try and understand it, it comes out to be a remarkable anime.