PDA

View Full Version : are you a pink floyd fan

zappa_demon
10-20-2006, 04:38 PM
im posting this to see if theres any pink floyd fans out there i sure am are you

*edit* it's painfully obvious people can't follow the rules.

2. When creating new band threads follow these simple guidelines:
Title of thread: Band Name
Try to include the following information...genre of music, band members, some titles of songs (your favourites or popular ones), how long they've been playing, and if their music will be difficult or easy to find.
Pink Floyd is an Englis rock band that's been playing since 1965
Their music should be fairly easy to find as they are still active.
Their official website can be found Here (http://www.pinkfloyd.co.uk/main.php?flash=present&quicktime=present)

Bibi of the Blue Sea
10-20-2006, 06:21 PM
o.O; Of course there are Pink Floyd fans!!

I am a fan. My favorite song is Wish You Were Here.

What's your favorite?

Erikai
10-20-2006, 07:13 PM
I can say that I'm his fan.

BoldMushroom
10-20-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm a fan... I haven't heard as many albums as I'd like, but I've still heard a fair share of their discography.

Favorite albums...
The Dark Side of the Moon
Meddle
Wish You Were Here
A Saucerful of Secrets

Favorite songs...
Fearless
Wish You Were Here
Any Colour You Like
Us And Them

The only other albums of theirs I've heard are Animals and The Wall... I didn't like either album that much.

haishaban
10-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Never heard much but what i have is way cool..
well.. wish you were here is good

Erikai
10-20-2006, 09:29 PM
I can play "Wish you where here" on guitar.
It's about the only real song I know on guitar. Lol!

The Wing Man
10-20-2006, 10:33 PM
I am a huge floyd fan, some of the best music ever done was by pink floyd.

Masali
10-21-2006, 11:28 AM
I can say that I'm his fan.

DEAR CHRIST!!! Pink Floyd is a BAND not a person! I have so many choice adjectives for your idiocy but I'll hold off.

I'm a real big pink floyd fan. I have alot of their records on 45. I have Animals, Ummagumma, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish you Were Here, The Wall, and Meddle

My favorite songs would have to be "Us and Them", Echos, Careful with that Axe Eugene, Waiting for the Worms, Hey You, Comfortably Numb, Run Like Hell, Shine on you Crazy Diamond, and Brain Damage.

Neko Kira
10-21-2006, 09:21 PM
pink floyd is bad. their music is really slow and boring. sorry to insult anyone.

Erikai
10-21-2006, 10:19 PM
DEAR CHRIST!!! Pink Floyd is a BAND not a person! I have so many choice adjectives for your idiocy but I'll hold off.
Yeah you should hold off. I don't listen to a lot of music like that, nor do I look at every profile of a "band" or singer. So watch it....

Masali
10-21-2006, 10:24 PM
pink floyd is bad. their music is really slow and boring. sorry to insult anyone.

you do know that Pink Floyd is probably the most influencial rock band of all time, and basically paved the way for modern rock and roll. Aka, the junk you probably listen to. So before you go saying "Pink Floyd is bad" remember that it's probably what inspired most musicians today.

NVLM_ZK
10-22-2006, 10:37 AM
I'm too.

So, I all CDs have..... Well, "Wish You Were Here","The Dark Side of the Moon","The Wall","Animals"......

And, Do you remember "Syd Barrett"??

akiko_kalla
12-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Yup, I'm a fan. I first listened to Dark Side of the Moon on my mom's record when I was fairly little. There is something in the music and lyrics that speaks to life and the human experience. It's probably a good reason why they're still successful.

As far as it being slow and boring, you are free to your opinion but have you listened to The Wall? I'd hardly call that album serene and soothing, unless you are referring possibly to the medicated calm that hides the person's pain, anger and fear underneath.

Some of my favorites include: On the Turning Away, Wish You Were Here, Coming Back To Life, Money, Hey You, Comfortably Numb, Mother, A Great Day for Freedom, and High Hopes.

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
12-06-2006, 08:38 AM
Oh I love Pink Floyd ^^! My favorite songs are "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" and "Money". But "Wish You Were Here" is nice too... oh I can't decide! Just recently I watched one of their concerts on T.V. Sadly, I've never been to one... too young ^^;. But my mom has =D!

Ryth
12-06-2006, 09:32 PM
I have six of their albums. Meddle, Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall, and A Momentary Lapse Of Reason.

The Wall is definitely my favourite, followed by Dark Side Of The Moon.

nars
12-07-2006, 04:27 AM
simultaneously listen to dark side of the moon's album.. and wizard of oz..
with a huge bowl of w**d and you'll get freaked out your F*****G miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind.

pink floyd's the stuff.

Sand_Whale
12-15-2006, 05:55 AM
I love pink floyd. They were one of the main reasons I started my first band, Just pure deep lyrics and love of music. PInk floyd was and still is one of the most amazing bands I have ever heard.

Ryth
12-15-2006, 02:24 PM
simultaneously listen to dark side of the moon's album.. and wizard of oz..
with a huge bowl of w**d and you'll get freaked out your F*****G miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind.

pink floyd's the stuff.

Haha I know, I saw it. It was freaking awesome.

Fragile.Dreams
12-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Mmm Pink Floyd.
Great band, very influencial.
Love them.

Slumber
12-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Not a big fan, but I do like their music. Although, The Dark Side of the Moon isn't as great as many have made it out to be.

rpgwiz99
01-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Im a pink floyed fan. My favorite song is "another brick in the wall".

Gin_Rummy
01-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Pink Floyd is my favorite band, they've got to be the most talented musicians to ever work together.

I have many of their CDS such as:
A Saucerful of Secrets
Animals
Atom Heart Mother
Dark Side of the Moon
Echoes (Greatest Hits Album)
Is There Anybody Out there? (The Wall Live)
Meddle
More
Obscured By Clouds
Pulse
The Division Bell
The Wall
Umma Gumma
Wish You Were Here

I also have many bootlegs of their live shows from the 70's, they were one hell of a band live.

Animals and Wish You Were Here are my favorite of their albums, with Dogs and Pigs taking place as my favorite and second favorite (respectively) songs.

I'm also a fan of Gilmour's solo work, specifically his self titled album and On An Island, but I didn't care much for About Face.

Serenity In Murder
01-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Pink Floyd has to be my favorite classical rock band.Very influential and as mentioned before, they paved the way for most all bands to follow them.My favorite song has to be "Time" or "Money".