PDA

View Full Version : Quit Playing Video Games

koikazeflip
10-17-2006, 11:06 PM
does anyone here think they could spend the rest of their life not playing video games ever again?

i haven't played anything in awhile.. i actually i think i could quit playing video games..

that doesn't mean i want to or am going to do it.. im just saying i think i could quit playing video games if i had to..

Balance
10-17-2006, 11:19 PM
Then you shouldn't say anything at all. Sure some people may be obsessed with video games, but that gives you no right to tell them what to do. So in other words, do not put in threads like this because it causes people to get angry, and people will threaten you (hopefully not). Don't give Regex another thread to keep an eye on.

Alias-Revolution
10-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Obsessed is not the word i'd use.

Let me just say this: What you do is up to you. We that live to game and game to live will respect your opinion and support you as you "unplug" yourself, but we may not do the same.

If you think that you can go the rest of your life without video games, go for it. Make that a self goal. We in the "zombie zone" as my mother likes to call it, will continue gaming untill our fingers burn off out hands and our eyes bug out ten feet.

International 4-8818
10-18-2006, 12:05 AM
Yeah i can. Video games are not some like god like thing to me where it matters so much to me. Yeah i could do it.

lostboi
10-18-2006, 12:44 AM
does anyone here think they could spend the rest of their life not playing video games ever again?

i haven't played anything in awhile.. i actually i think i could quit playing video games..

that doesn't mean i want to or am going to do it.. im just saying i think i could quit playing video games if i had to..
i had the same feeling once for about a good 2 months didnt play at all but back in the day when they were came out with tales of legendia i thout it looked awesome so i played that now im back on the video games

BoldMushroom
10-18-2006, 06:45 AM
Then you shouldn't say anything at all. Sure some people may be obsessed with video games, but that gives you no right to tell them what to do. So in other words, do not put in threads like this because it causes people to get angry, and people will threaten you (hopefully not). Don't give Regex another thread to keep an eye on.The original poster is not telling anyone what to do. They are just asking a question. The wording of the original post's subject line may make it seem as though the original poster is criticising gamers (maybe "Quitting Playing Video Games" would be more accurate), but the actual content of that post indicates nothing of the sort.

Regarding the topic... I could never quit playing video games. I think video games are one of the most entertaining forms of mass media out there. I love the challenge and variety they present.

However, a member of another forum I go to supposedly went to rehab because he became so addicted to video games... I do hope that doesn't happen to me.

koikazeflip
10-18-2006, 08:43 AM
The original poster is not telling anyone what to do. They are just asking a question. The wording of the original post's subject line may make it seem as though the original poster is criticising gamers (maybe "Quitting Playing Video Games" would be more accurate), but the actual content of that post indicates nothing of the sort.yea.. i guess i should have titled the thread a little better.. im not saying for everyone to quit playing video games.. seriously why would i say that?

im just asking a general question if people COULD quit playing games.. i've been playing video games for about 12-13 years now and i can't imagine having lived my life without them.. but im going through a period where i haven't played anything in awhile.. so i think i could playing video games if i had to.. that's why i asked the question..

Kawaii_Junkie
10-18-2006, 04:55 PM
I guess anyone could if they HAD to.

But, I certainly would be a miserable human being.

The Blue Baron
10-18-2006, 05:06 PM
i would be bored outta my mind without games

Buruku
10-18-2006, 06:09 PM
I know I couldn't,(unless I really had to, under some unrealitic circumstance) what would torture me most is watching other people playing them and wanting to try it out or play with/against them.

Ami~chan
10-18-2006, 10:11 PM
If I wanted to, I could quit. I'm definately not addicted, but I'd be bored. Most likely, I'd end up reading more to fill the time.

It'd break my heart to know I had to give up Ico and Zelda forever, but I could live without them.

vixen_wolf
10-18-2006, 10:27 PM
yeah i bet i could..........easly, havnt played in awhile and only in five mintues a sitting cuz they never fail to bring on flashbacks -.-;;; very annoying

Old_Toonami_Fangirl
10-26-2006, 11:45 AM
I don't think I could go the rest of my life without playing video games. If I did that, I would be bored out of my mind. I just couldn't do that.

Sarix
10-26-2006, 12:57 PM
man i havent played n a while but i dont think i could quit cuz wat would i do when im bored

Music Fiend
10-26-2006, 02:38 PM
If I wanted to, I could quit. I'm definately not addicted, but I'd be bored. Most likely, I'd end up reading more to fill the time.

It'd break my heart to know I had to give up Ico and Zelda forever, but I could live without them.
Ami~chan and I seem to be on the same page here. If I wanted to hang up my controllers, lock up my handhelds, and never use my mouse for video gaming purposes ever again - I could do it. If I wanted to quit I could quit. But I don't want to; in fact, gaming is a passion of mine, and not just some throwaway hobby that I would drop in an instant. Sure, I could occupy my time in other ways, but they wouldn't be as fun. I could live without Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Final Fantasy, etc; but that doesn't mean that I want to.

Fetal Fetish
10-26-2006, 03:04 PM
I'd live, I say that, but I wouldn't be very happy. xD I mean, I can barely stand being away from the computer for no more than at least 3 weeks! o_O

gothic tears
10-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Depends, if they quit the Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy series and never came out with anything cool again AND they burned and estoyed all the cool games including Mario ;D
Then I say I could quit playing.

Jagan Eye
10-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Games, I occasionally play them, but not much. If something strange happened and I was required to quit...then it'd be alright.
Except for maybe DDR and the adventure games...lol.
A shooting game I could quit.

YoKu
10-26-2006, 04:26 PM
i would be bored outta my mind without gamesAgreed.

Old_Toonami_Fangirl
10-26-2006, 06:09 PM
man i havent played n a while but i dont think i could quit cuz wat would i do when im bored:D yeah I know right??

Nineteenth
10-29-2006, 02:35 AM
With the lack of innovations in videogames and the decline in original storylines and gameplay (Fourteen years ago, people expected alot more out of videogames.Sort of like how in the 60s people thought we would have made RocketCars by now..) , quitting videogames really would not be that hard.

Gorion1928
10-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Only if I had a problem, like an addiction. As it is I only play for less than 10 hours a week any way, so I think I'm good.

Steven JR.
10-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Asking Me To Do That Is Like Asking Me To Jump Off The Empire States Building

DuckyInMyTrucky
10-29-2006, 08:15 PM
I could if I wanted to, I just dont want to. :)

Gizoku
10-29-2006, 08:31 PM
I couldnt possibly cut myself off of gaming, as I'm currently banned from them from playing too much, I could live without playing but only for so long.

Anime is poison
10-30-2006, 10:05 AM
I could stop...........but I won't.

I could quit anything if I really wanted to. But video games are a form of entertainment, so I don't really see a need to stop it, unless people play them WAY too much. I get my fair share of society, working, learning, so I can spread time for video games, internet, television, movies, things like that. So to answer the question......yeah, I could live without them.

Eternal_Love
11-04-2006, 09:05 AM
I could stop playing but its too fun. Games are a good passe time.

Demon Angel Kyoshiro
11-04-2006, 10:53 AM
no.on least i had to.

demonhuntersion321
11-09-2006, 04:11 PM
i could stop.....but since there isn't anything else to do...i won't

Old_Toonami_Fangirl
11-27-2006, 07:44 AM
video game are too much fun to stop playing they pass the time when your really, really bored and they're really, really fun. ^_^

kyubichan
11-27-2006, 01:00 PM
I quit playing MMORPGs, but not all videogames. I still play Zelda and O2 Jam... I might try Audition too ^^

Nick_roge
11-27-2006, 01:22 PM
No!!! There is no way i could go the rest of my life without playing video games.

Slifer-san
11-27-2006, 08:09 PM
couldn't even imagine not playing video games for the rest of my life >>

nickholeye14
11-27-2006, 08:39 PM
no way!!!!!!! video games are what i do when i'm bored and i'm good at them i meen me and my bro started playing them when we were 2

P.S. yes we are geeks http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/computer.gif

pyrothunder336
11-27-2006, 08:52 PM
I never gave it any thought because I love video games. It helps so that I don't have to deal with people all the time. I could stop if I wanted to, but I don't. It would be a good idea to stop though, since it actually is a waste of good money.

GodOrDevil?
11-28-2006, 12:00 AM
My whole life revolved around video games, up until about two years ago. It's sad really, since I wasted so much time on them, and planned on going to school to create them, and now I play pretty much nothing. I guess I can't just relax and really get into games like I use too, cause now my life is so busy.

Kurumirina
11-29-2006, 04:09 AM
For those people who think you can't stop video games think for a moment....can you imagine yourself around 30 or 40 years old still playing Video games?I don't think so....well if you can then be my guest but I think you need to work by then and have a family.So my answer?yes EVERYBODY WILL QUIT sometime but it's just a matter of time.

BoldMushroom
11-29-2006, 05:38 PM
For those people who think you can't stop video games think for a moment....can you imagine yourself around 30 or 40 years old still playing Video games?I don't think so....well if you can then be my guest but I think you need to work by then and have a family.So my answer?yes EVERYBODY WILL QUIT sometime but it's just a matter of time.Grandma Gamer (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/02/AR2005120201800.html)

CrimTheFallenOne
11-29-2006, 07:30 PM
You got that right...i love to play my thumbs raw...i am a hardcore gamer...i could never quit completely...or could i?

GaiSensei
11-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Grandma Gamer (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/02/AR2005120201800.html)Whoa... a 69-year old playing video games?? That is SO gonna be my future >_>

teed
11-29-2006, 09:48 PM
For those people who think you can't stop video games think for a moment....can you imagine yourself around 30 or 40 years old still playing Video games?I don't think so....well if you can then be my guest but I think you need to work by then and have a family.So my answer?yes EVERYBODY WILL QUIT sometime but it's just a matter of time.
I thought you'll be the last person saying that! >.>;
Anyways, my uncle, between 30 & 40, merried, have a great job, plays PS2 & Xbox with his friends all the time. And I DO imagine myself playing video games at that time! Time has nothing to do with people quit playing video games.

Kurumirina
11-30-2006, 01:14 AM
Ok....obvious that grandma isn't HUMAN "It's" properly is an alien or the flying spaghetti in the form of human.A normal human being as myself will stop.Ok wait....you see what I mean is you CAN PLAY from time to time BUT NOT ALL THE TIME. You still will have to work for a living...>_>;....you can't always play all the time unless you have no work and money comes to you just by sitting down.(exception for gameshow..>_>")

Tomoyo01
11-30-2006, 08:20 AM
No! I can play them only on Saturdays and Sundays and I quit playing quickli because I get bored, but I still need them! Even if I play less and less, I could never stop

Khanxay
11-30-2006, 08:49 AM
You still will have to work for a living...>_>;....you can't always play all the time unless you have no work and money comes to you just by sitting down.(exception for gameshow..>_>")Some players do live off tournament winnings you know? So people are just that good...wish I was one.

Janus Silverlock
12-03-2006, 05:10 AM
I am a gamer. I LOVE video games. I haven't really been playing much recently, because I don't have any of my games here... T__T all of them are back home. Plus, soon I am gonna get my Wii, and I'll be playing that all the time. I have been a gamer since I was 2 years old. Seriously. And I'll never stop being one. ^__^

CrimTheFallenOne
12-03-2006, 03:14 PM
i cant imagine a world without em...no violence...must have the violence....

MoonPrincess24
12-03-2006, 03:30 PM
I could stop playing but its too fun. Games are a good passe time.same here!!!