PDA

View Full Version : Psp Boring?????

Halo_Slayer
09-26-2006, 06:09 AM
Is their any new games that are goo for the psp. I was considering GTA but its a port. What about WWE smackdown vs RAW 2006 or lego star wars 2? Any good RPGs like Monster Hunter?

Ichiro Matsuchani
09-26-2006, 06:43 AM
If you're into the fast pace racing, the familiar series Burnout would be a good choice. I don't have a psp, so I really can't say much else.

Regex
09-26-2006, 10:53 AM
The PSP has nearly no good games for it.
Just trade it in for a DS, which still gets good games coming out.

razzen88
09-26-2006, 02:24 PM
i havent seen any games for the psp that really interest me

XNo_FearX
09-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Try geting a list of new or coming out games at your game store because there's a lot coming out for the psp

Gjallarhorn
09-26-2006, 09:44 PM
The PSPs problem for me is the games. Don't get me wrong, I love the thing and use it all the time, but there just aren't many good games for it.
The three I actually play are:
SOCOM: Fire Team Bravo - Like your typical SOCOM game. Its entertaining, has a lot of various missions to complete outside of the main story, and can link to SOCOM 3 for the PS2, if you have it, to unlock features, characters, and weaponry.
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade - A decent RPG. A lot of just slashing around and wandering around, but it is entertaining nontheless.
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition - I've played both Need For Speed game out for the PSP, but I like Midnight Club over the two. The controls are somewhat easier, there is a lot of main-story races as well as side races, a lot of customization options, a lot of cars available, and the graphics are good. The best racing game for the PSP so far, in my opinion.

International 4-8818
09-26-2006, 09:50 PM
The main games that i play a lot even tho i have beaten then several times are GTA oh and vice city stories comes out october so look i am looking foreward to that. Then there is battlefront 2, and coded arms. Sure the psp does not come out with the best of games, but it is a hell of a lot better then the ds. The ds has a smaller screen and the games i just find to be a tad bit boring and cuttie. Yeah just look at the upcoming games on google.

Masali
09-26-2006, 10:09 PM
The main games that i play a lot even tho i have beaten then several times are GTA oh and vice city stories comes out october so look i am looking foreward to that. Then there is battlefront 2, and coded arms. Sure the psp does not come out with the best of games, but it is a hell of a lot better then the ds. The ds has a smaller screen and the games i just find to be a tad bit boring and cuttie. Yeah just look at the upcoming games on google.

I don't want to turn this into another PSP v DS thing, but I have to say that those "Cuttie" and "Boring looking" games are actually really REALLY effin fun. Castlevania dawn of sorrow, for example is NOT a cuttie game, and is in no sense boring. Valkarie Profile: Lenneth. Not cuttie, and extremly addictive. Fun to the max. I could probably go on with games like Advance wars for the DS, Phoenix Wright, Trauma Center: Under the Knife. I don't know if you consider Mario cuttie but...the new Super mario bros is really fun.

The PSP to me is pretty much just a really fancy Ipod. Most fun I've had on that console was Dynasty Warriors XX or whatever it was called, and that was basically a port.

Buruku
09-26-2006, 11:21 PM
For petes sake Halo_slayer how many threads are you going to make about the DS and PSP? Do you own both or what? Because for a long time you kept talking about trading or selling one and I dont even know anymore.

My advice? Stop buying psp games. I wouldnt touch a game called 'WWE smackdown' with a 10 foot pole, just trust me. What kind of games do you like? What ones do you already have? Knowing that would help.

-Batman-
09-27-2006, 12:40 AM
Most good PSP games are Japanese fighter ports. I would reccomend "Bleach:Heat the Soul 2" if you're a Bleach fan

I would also reccomend darkstalkers, it should be cheap now. Despite what people complain about, I actually had FUN playing metal gear acid 1/2. Coded arms is pretty good too.

Oh, and the DS has a smaller screen. Point? It has two screens, and neither have a large amount of dead pixels. Hell, mine doesn't have ANY...Just this speck of dust under the top screen that is REALLY distracting, but that isn't important at the moment.

MistaCloudStrife
09-29-2006, 05:24 AM
New ones? Guilty Gear, Roco Loco, Bomberman, and there's a new Rengoku out too...

I bought Roco Loco myself. It's a pretty good game. Really easy, but still fun...

As for RPGs... I have Valkyrie Prifile, Legend of Heroes, Legend of Heroes 2, and Blade Dancer. Havent played the last two yet, but the two RPGs I've played so far are decent.

And if you want you can always import RPGs from Europe. They've gotten Breath of Fire 3 and Tales of Eternia before the US.

And if you really want to you can always downgrade and slap on DevHook(Play homebrew and new games) to your card. I have an Snes emulator(For old school RPGs), DDR, and a Triple Triad program on my PSP.

Oh, and if it's racing. I recommend importing Initial D: Street Stage. Drifting. >=)

anime911
10-01-2006, 01:07 PM
yea trade it in for the DS... but it was one good fightin game I saw for the psp kinda lyke Dynasty warriors but I forgot the name...

Kaikou
10-01-2006, 01:33 PM
RPG games for the PSP are all very good. As long as you like RPG's I don't see how it could be boring.

Try:
Valkyrie Profile
Blade Dancer
Legend of Heros 1 and 2
Spectral Souls
Ape Escape
Astonishing Story

These are all very good. And you've got to give them time to release more good games like these. These things don't happen over night.

Note: Valkyrie profile 2 for PS2 came out a short while ago. It's awsome, check it out.

Mugen's Girl ~
10-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I Have A Lot Of Trouble Finding Good Games For My PSP, Thats Why I Just Watch Movies, And T.V On It, Lol.

When I First Got My PSP, I Couldn't Stop Playing Dynasty Warriors On It! I Beat That Game Like 5,000 Times.

^ ^