PDA

View Full Version : Yey!!! They're showing YuYu Hakusho again! ^__^

echizen_oujisama
09-13-2006, 05:17 AM
One of our local TV channels is showing Yuyu Hakusho again... Never mind that it's dubbed... the show's dubbing is not that bad, really:cool: if i were to rate it with a scale of ten, i will give the show's dubbing a six (6/10) ;)

Nausicaa
09-13-2006, 09:21 AM
I love Yu Yu Hakusho as well, I got so mad when a certain television station toke it off, that I went out and bought all of the Yu Yu Hakusho dvds.

Rowloman
09-14-2006, 08:05 PM
What Channel?

Beyond The Grave
09-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Yeah I am like ro and I gotta say what channel is it on aswell? Can't really be excited unless that chanell is playing on something where everyone can watch and not just some special channel that another state or country can't get ><;

otaku_ayachan
09-15-2006, 09:18 AM
if in malaysia,it's animax...channel 75.
this is the first time i watch yu yu hakusho,and you know what?
it's was fun,i love the show
GO KURAMA!!!

echizen_oujisama
09-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah I am like ro and I gotta say what channel is it on aswell? Can't really be excited unless that chanell is playing on something where everyone can watch and not just some special channel that another state or country can't get ><;Aw, sorry, it's in another country's channel that I think other countries can't get:redface:...it's in the Philippines actually, in GMA Network (channel 7), a free local TV channel...:sofa:

FuyumiAya
09-15-2006, 11:27 AM
what if you had Dirct TV internatinal?? what channel would it be on then? do you know?!?!?

echizen_oujisama
09-19-2006, 07:57 AM
what if you had Dirct TV internatinal?? what channel would it be on then? do you know?!?!?
oh, sorry but i don’t think they're (GMA Network channel 7) showing Yuyu Hakusho in their international channel (which i don't know either)...if i'm not mistaken, their international channel only have a lineup of shows they had produced (for example, local variety shows, drama shows, news/public affairs shows, and i dont know what else :unsure:...and even if they do show yuyu hakusho in their international channel, you won't get to enjoy it unless you understand or know how to speak Filipino/Tagalog...because they have dubbed the show using the local language and they didn't put subtitles...

:laugh::)

FuyumiAya
09-19-2006, 11:29 AM
I don't have direct TV international yet, but it SHOULD have At least 5 different chanels from across the woulrd.. I think Tokyo TV would be on there also....hmm....I don't know, I'll chck though..

Jaric
09-20-2006, 01:39 AM
I'm still getting into animes. Watching one at a time. I watched Naruto for a while, then started watching bleach, now I'm starting to watch Yuyu Hakusho. I really enjoy animes that come out of Shonen Jump book of Mangas.

Beyond The Grave
09-20-2006, 05:04 AM
Awwww man...and I thought I would be able to watch it ><; Oh well, there still is youtube if I can't get it on TV >>; But I do have a big curiosity now to what it sounds like over there, especially Hiei and Kurama's voices*dazes off*

P.T
09-20-2006, 06:41 AM
Post removed due to language.

FuyumiAya
09-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Awwww man...and I thought I would be able to watch it ><; Oh well, there still is youtube if I can't get it on TV >>; But I do have a big curiosity now to what it sounds like over there, especially Hiei and Kurama's voices*dazes off*hmm... yeah... i wonder what their voices will be like... hmm.. do you think we can find those voiceovers on youtube?

Aeramis&Helenus4EVER!!!
09-20-2006, 02:18 PM
hmm i'd have to say i PREFER the dubbing to subbing! Why? well because the dubbing is funnier...i cant beleive they're showing it over where you live again..i'm jealous!

echizen_oujisama
09-22-2006, 04:52 PM
I'm also thankful they're showing it again...but you know what? Now that I think of it, I just remembered some VERY SIGNIFICANT flaws as to how they're showing Yuyu Hakusho here in our place...no, they didn't change the story (I don't think they can, or can they? I hope they can't)...some may find this funny, some may find this kind of frustrating, or some may even get mad at this...well, it's the characters' names, you see...they have changed the characters' names over here...

Read here...the following are the characters' equivalent names here in our place:

Yusuke - they named him "Eugene"
Hiei - "Vincent"
Kurama - "Dennis"
Kuwabara - "Alfred"
Genkai - "Jeremiah / Jeremaiah" (I'm not sure how they spell it)
Kayko - "Jenny"
Botan - "Charlene"
Koenma - "Master Jericho" (I think i have an explanation as to how they came up with this name; my theory is they based the name on the initials in Koenma's "thinking cap"?)
Yukina - "Michaela / Mikaela" (I'm not sure how they spell it)

The character's "local" names are quite, you know, disorienting, right? I mean, for me, it made me wonder BIG TIME how they came up with these names...

In addition, now that I remembered, at first they made a mistake about the genders of Kurama and Genkai...the (dubbers/producers/whoever) (translated/interpreted) of Yuyu Hakusho around here actually thought (again, at first) that Kurama is a SHE (that is, Kurama is a female) and Genkai is a HE (that is, Genkai is a male)...thankfully, as the show progresses, they have changed the "voice dubs" and corrected the genders...

You may ask: How come they made such a big mistake? Honestly, I guess my theory is as good as yours. My theory goes like this: When Yuyu Hakusho (by the way, here, the name of the show is not "Yuyu Hakusho" but "Ghostfighter") was first shown here in the Philippines back in 1995 (or was it 1996?), people here at not yet very familiar with anime. That's why they made mistakes over some "kind of obvious" things, like the characters' genders.

As for Hiei's voice, well...how can i describe it? The "dubbing voice" is very masculine, but in a kind of "teenager" type...out of all the voices, i think Hiei's "dubbing voice" was well-chosen...

Now, if you are all worrying that these mistakes made a grave damage to Yuyu Hakusho's reputation here in the Philippines, fear not. Here are some interesting things that happened here before:

The first time they showed Yuyu Hakusho, well, it got off air even before the fight between Sensui and Yusuke ended because the channel that was showing it was, well, going bankrupt and naturally, almost no one was watching that channel anyway. However, even back then, Yuyu Hakusho had gained some followers, who got very very VERY frustrated when they took it off the air (i was among them). Imagine just how frustrating it was to follow around Yuyu Hakusho, wishing that the channel will be showing it this time (yes, that freaking channel sometimes skips showing Yuyu Hakusho). I also remembered, that channel got me hunting about Yuyu Hakusho's air time (imagine, if this week, they're showing it on a Monday @ 7pm, a few weeks after they're going to show it on a Wednesday @ 6:30pm)...:banghead::curses:

The second time Yuyu Hakusho got shown here, thank goodness it was in ANOTHER CHANNEL, with a REGULAR AIRTIME, and mind you, this channel WAS NOT going bankrupt. This time, they showed YUyu Haksuho MOn-Fri, 5-5:30 pm. and you know what? IT WAS A PHENOMENON, really! When the clock strucks 4:59, almost all young people looks for a TV set (imagine, students will have to loitter in a bakery or a small grocery - anywhere as long as there's a TV set - so they can just watch the show) :groupwave(well, that's what i observed)...also, when i am in a bus or a jeep, passengers (near my age) are talking about what happened in Yuyu Hakusho -- and this didn't happen to me just once, but many times...and thankfully, again, THEY COMPLETED THE SERIES THIS TIME *clap-clap*:laugh:

Now, this is the third time they're showing Yuyu Hakusho...I don't know if it will be a "hit" again...but what i know for sure is, I'm still gonna watch it :laugh:;)

Note: Oops, I'm really, really sorry this became too long...got carried away :redface::sofa: