PDA

View Full Version : The Bleach Dub

Gjallarhorn
09-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Well, seeing as how it aired in Canada last night, and the U.S. tonight (it is on right now), I figured the thread should be made.
So, what does everyone think of the dubbing of it?

Personally, I think it is decent. I do think that the voice actor used for Ichigo sounds a bit too old for Ichigo, and the sound effects were definately played louder than in the Japanese.
I'm glad about this. I have been watching Bleach since it first began airing, and it is one of my favorite anime, but I was hesitant about watching the dub as it had the possibility of tainting by vision of Bleach, as the Naruto did by view of Naruto.

Opinionated
09-10-2006, 12:11 AM
Comparably, I thought the dub was pretty good. Nowhere near bad, but not quite dub heaven. Then again, what is dub heaven?

So, the dub is quite liveable and likeable. Oh, and about the age? Think of it like casting teenagers as Leto II and Ghanima in the Children of Dune miniseries instead of nine year olds: easier to find actors.

sapphiredragon
09-10-2006, 12:53 AM
Well I just watched it about an hour ago, and I have to say that it seemed good to me. The voices fit the characters, they didn't seem to grossly mispronounce anything, and they didn't make new opening/ending music for no apparent reason.

I'm not all that into Bleach; I've only seen a few of the episodes of the anime, but I read the manga as it comes out in the US, and I like well enough.

From what I know of Bleach, the first episode of the dub seems good.

Of course, we'll have to keep watching if we want to know if the rest is as good.

Slumber
09-10-2006, 01:10 AM
With the exception of Kon's voice at the end of the episode, I was impressed by the dub.

Rowloman
09-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Dub good all Va's awsome and i don't see why everyone disses Ichigo's voice it sounded good to me.