PDA

View Full Version : major accidents

~courtney morgan~
09-09-2006, 08:57 AM
okay, so one of my mates has just came out hospital, her name is lollie and she cracked her rib cage, in a swimming accident.

so have u had any major accidents, which u would like to tell me about.

Furubalova
09-09-2006, 08:58 AM
nothin's happened to me, but my bro ripped his ACL in an accident (don't know if i should say where)

bug
09-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Well, I broke my rist but it didn't hert so bad. I broke it playing soccer. We were playing on grass and then I fogut who missed a pass but I ran after the ball. It was ok untill the ball rolled over to the gravel and the ball must have hit a rock or something cause it was going in a good speed but then just stoped. I was right next to it and when it stoped I quickly turned and sliped. I used my hand to prevent my self from falling but it backfired and I broke my rist.

Eris
09-09-2006, 11:04 AM
I had a minor concussion once, but that's about it. I tend to think before I act, that's probably kept me from hurting myself more than once.

Lucidian Dyne
09-09-2006, 11:08 AM
A car hit me in the face once. o_O That was an awesome reason for two scars. I've still got pieces of glass embedded in my forehead.

Yeah, life is good.

DarkMoonPrince
09-09-2006, 11:14 AM
I had an accident with my dog and a puddle of water in the kitchen, My dog got in the way while i was washing some dishes, i don't know how, but i stepped back, slipped, and as i Slipped, there was a knife pointing straight from the wall (not on the wall), and went right through my hand. a 14 inch knife through my left hand. . . .

Riyokin
09-09-2006, 11:20 AM
It's not as bad as you would think but about 7 years ago I got hit by a car. Serves me right for J-walking XD I was starting to walk and a car came around the corner and knocked me back like 5 feet. I had a bruised/bloody chest. Nothing too serious

brattychild10
09-09-2006, 11:45 AM
my bro broke both of his caler bones.

brattychild10
09-09-2006, 11:45 AM
my bro broke both of his caler bones.

Darklord
09-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Hmmm...I had gotten hurt alot of times. I remember one day when I was below 9 years-old, I was riding my bike down the steep hill. Unfortunately...Since the bike was quite new for me, I really didnt know where the brakes were. I was going down the hill in full speed when suddenly after a looong time I found the brakes. As soon as I pressed the brake I saw something white flash before my eyes and then.....

AngelofDreams
09-10-2006, 11:43 AM
I've had a pretty rough motorcycle accident. I came out, miraculously, without any broken bones, but I gots some horrible road rash. It was painful to sleep, because any way I lay down, I was on the rash *shudders*. I learned a lot about the importance of safety on my bike, though, so all in all it was a valuable experience.

Ami~chan
09-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Nope, I've never gotten in a wreck. Almost did once though; this old woman once nearly hit me when I was driving out of a parking lot. She wasn't looking; I was about fifteen, and driving in town for the first time.

And that's why I think most old people shouldn't drive. Some can manage, but most are horrible behind the wheel.

AngelofDreams
09-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Nope, I've never gotten in a wreck. Almost did once though; this old woman once nearly hit me when I was driving out of a parking lot. She wasn't looking; I was about fifteen, and driving in town for the first time.

And that's why I think most old people shouldn't drive. Some can manage, but most are horrible behind the wheel.
Maybe it would be more reasonable for the elderly to be tested more often? My grandpa drove until he was 80, when his sight began to diminish, and he never got into an accident. If an elderly person is capable of driving safely, I think they should be allowed. I think that after a certain age they should simply be watched more closely to make sure they're still driving safely.

(Sorry for the off-topic post >_<)

Fabala
09-10-2006, 03:02 PM
nothin's happened to me, but my bro ripped his ACL in an accident (don't know if i should say where)
Uh...his knee? o.O

Anyway, I've never had anything major happen. Broken my arm and more recently my foot...but otherwise its been a series of sprains, bumps, bruises, cuts, stings, bites, etc.

I know plenty of people who'd qualify, though. Two were in car accidents that left them permanently disabled, another has a metal plate and a dozen screws in his knee, another just had her foot amputated...and so on and so forth. I figure if it's something the body can make a complete recovery from with minimal traces, it doesn't count as "major."

Princess Cupcake
09-10-2006, 03:23 PM
I fell down several flights of stairs.

bug
09-10-2006, 03:30 PM
I just remembered something that happend to me a long time ago. It was nothing to bad, but it was terrifying. Also, I was little so I thought of something that had a realy low chance of happeing. Anyway, once, me and my sister were just running around and playing. However, she got on a couch and kicked me in the eye. See, it didn't realy hert to bad, but my eye went in. My eye almost completly went in my head. It took only a few minutes to recover though and I didn't need a hospital or anything. It still was scary. Back then, I thought that my eye would completly go in my head and I'll have one eye seeing the world and one eye seeing inside of me.

Ichiro Matsuchani
09-10-2006, 03:33 PM
The worst thing that happened to me happened in a Kayaking trip. I was going down the Ocoee river, through a shallow rapid near the end in my Jackson 4 playboating Kayak (I doubt anyone will know what that is.) I bailed and my leg got caught onto a rock. I was able to pull myself out, though it riped a huge chunk of skin off from my leg.

Jennifer-
09-10-2006, 04:48 PM
I one time jumped off my bed landed on my chin with my tongue out and my tongue almost came off.

Elena
09-11-2006, 03:44 AM
I recently fell of a 30ft wall into the sea. ;_; I was walking home with my boyfriend after a night out and I sat on the wall on the promenade to catch my breath. I managed to lose my balance and fell. It was really quite scary (it was 3am and the sea was pretty rough)

I was stood on a small ledge clinging to the wall waiting for someone to rescue me. http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/frown.gif Eventually the emergency services arrived, but for half an hour I was screaming obscenities at the sea, freezing my butt off, worried if I let go of the wall I'd be swept off. http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/unsure.gif

I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance where I proceded to sweet talk a hunky doctor while Rob scowled onward.

That night wasn't one of my finest moments. ^^;;

Master Wu
09-11-2006, 04:43 AM
Landed on my face in the street when i was eleven.

youknowwho
09-11-2006, 10:00 PM
I hit my foot with a glass mug.A felt I was dying after I was cleaning the blood out.
Yet,I got a cool scar!

~courtney morgan~
09-16-2006, 07:22 AM
I hit my foot with a glass mug.A felt I was dying after I was cleaning the blood out.
Yet,I got a cool scar!
sounds painful

German_Sniper9
09-16-2006, 08:52 AM
I broke my collar bone in a 3 bike wreck

Plaidbutterfly
09-16-2006, 10:33 AM
I have a history of breaking bones in unspectacular ways, starting with breaking my collarbone at about 4 months old XD (the teeny tiny cast is adorable).

Recently though, not quite an -accident-, but for the last half of last schoolyear I thought I had carpal tunnel and had to do all of the writing for my 3 AP tests left-handed (just peachy!). After 4 months of runaround from doctor to doctor they figured out it wasn't carpal tunnel at all, even though I was displaying classic symptoms... instead it was a bone spur growing in the middle of my wrist. :3 eep! Thankfully a little physical therapy took care of it and I'm fine now; any time I get to avoid surgery is a-ok with me ;P

Acnologia
09-16-2006, 11:45 AM
No, I always used to sprain my left wrist in soccer however.

Sailor_Sun
09-16-2006, 01:22 PM
About 2 1/2 years ago my fiance and I were hit by a drunk/high driver. He sideswiped my fiance in his tank of a truck, then hit me head on a few seconds later. It took an hour and a half for firefighters to cut me out of what was left of my little car. I broke my left thigh (compound fracture), my left arm was broken and bent inwards at a perfect 90 degree angle, and my ankle had been caught under the brake pedal. Took several months to learn how to walk again. I still have titanium implants in my thigh and arm though.

Kaikou
09-16-2006, 08:18 PM
I just got out of the hospital second time this month. -.-;

I was in a car accident and ended up jumping out of the moving vechical as it plumetted down a hill and into a stream. I gashed my left shoulder open and got somewhere around 22 stitches.

ok, now this is the stupid part. I went into some kind of a coma or something because during a pillow fight I apparently ripped my stitches open and fell asleep like that(I didn't know). I woke up I think...a week later? I still can't really remember. My cousins just tell me what they saw.

Thats the biggest accident I've ever had. But ya. I have 44 stitches now for extra hold. I feel kind stupid. I'm such a clutz. -.-;;;

Bean Bandit
09-16-2006, 10:19 PM
I was in a severe major farm equipment accident a few years ago. I went thru a silage wagon, through the beater bars. The top one went clockwise, and the bottom bar went counter clockwise. My jacket got caught, pulled me in and wrapped me on the top bar, with the bottom bar beating into me as I went around and around. I had broken and fractured every rib on my left side. Punctured a lung, had all my front teeth broken off at my gum level, and a bunch of nice gashes in my head. I was not black and blue on my entire left side from head to feet. I was black with bruises. Plus other nice things that goes along with something of this nature, skin abrasians and multiple cuts,

So now a few years later (3 weeks ago) it is discovered due to increasing migraine headaches that do not go away, that the top vertabrae of my spine (Atlas vertabrae) is off to the left side by 3/4's of a inch. The one below it (Axial vertabrae) is pushing off to the other side. I guess you can now say correctly that my head is not screwed on right.

My leg pains and headaches might be from all that and A vetabrae in the middle of my back is pushing forward, and one of the ones at the bottom is pushing backwards. So I have been going to the doctors like 2 to 3 times a week lately for them to "attempt" to try to align my vertabrae.

Kaikou
09-17-2006, 08:54 AM
o.o

That makes my nice big bloody gash look like a nick.

So are they planing on fixing your spine, or what? Cause you know The spine connects all your nerves in your nervous system. It's kind of important. -.-;

Bean Bandit
09-19-2006, 02:28 AM
Yea they been working on it for the past 3 weeks. The vertabrae in my back are about positioned correctly now. They are trying to move the Atlas vertabrae back into place. But my neck muscles have strengthend in that area and are interfering. So they are trying to move it a little at a time in hopes that it will stay wher it belongs without a operation. So they are like tapping it over every few days trying to create a spot for it. Not a pleasant feeling having that done every few days. And there is no guarantees it will stay where it belongs.

Dark_aether
09-19-2006, 03:14 AM
I had a glass bottle in my left hand and i went up my grandma's driveway (shes actually dead now) and it was a steap hill to put it in the recycle bin but found it at the bottom of the hill so i went down and tripped and the glass bottle shattered and i had to have micro-surgery to re-connect all of my nerves, veins and tendons.... i thank the docter who worked on my left arm to this very day...... its fully healed..... big scars too... damn

~courtney morgan~
09-19-2006, 12:33 PM
yeah, i just (usualya0 fall of a asymmetric bars- but nothing major

Kristen
09-20-2006, 09:52 AM
o_o I was hit by a car once. Painful, yes. I just apologized (for getting hit? I don't know) and sped to work because I was going to be late. Mind you, I hit while rollerblading. So I wasn't in a car or anything. My body was actually physically HIT by a lovely red aztec. (And no, Mina-ko didn't hit me. ahaha).

Another time, I was doing summer saults off my parents bed, rolled off and slit my eye open on the window. I went into shock immediatly and couldn't feel anything. I only remember seeing my face, in the dark, gushing with blood and then going to show off at my grandparents house. Oh, I also remember them sticking a needle into my eyeball. Lovely.

Kaikou
09-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Bean, that really sucks. I wanna make you feel better, but I guess theres nothing I can do but wish you good luck. o.0

Seņor Nobody
09-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Bike accident. Fractured five ribs, broke one leg, numerous scratches, and a minor concussion. Ah, and Bean, that must suck. I hope you a relatively unpainful recovery and best of luck.

Bibi of the Blue Sea
09-20-2006, 08:03 PM
The only "major" accident I've been in was a bike accident. I won't go into details but all I got were 3 staples on my head.

That's nothing compared to Bean. Bean, I hope you get better soon and that the pain stops. My father was in a terrible accident too and he's been on pain medication for 17 years now. I hope the doctors can fix your back without too many complications. My father got 4 lower back surgeries and none of those helped in any way. I hope your case turns out better.

Kit Katy
09-20-2006, 09:04 PM
You know those Romen cups? well when i was small i cooked one waay to long and when i
went to get it out it was scolding hot. The cup exploded all over me and had burns all over my hands and arms. I had to go to the hospital and worse of all they couldn't give me pain medication.

~courtney morgan~
09-23-2006, 04:07 AM
i can't handle pain, every time a go for a jag, 3 people have 2 hold me down

Daenerys
09-23-2006, 04:15 AM
I've been pretty lucky to not get too badly hurt in my life. I did however, get road rash at the TooL concert. (A lot of people got trampled and hospitalized, I think someone died, I'm not too sure on that.) And I sprained my wrist at the HFT show with Narcoleptic Youth. Oh, and when I was in sixth grade I got dragged by a go-kart and got major road rash. I was trying to start the go-kart, and my dad's ex-girlfriend's kid was in it, and I told her to hit the gas lightly to start it, and she just took off. I dove after the kart to stop it, but I couldn't. Silly me.

Other than that, not much.

Athena
09-23-2006, 04:34 AM
I got in a car crash once, and I could have died, but my da pulled me out of the passenger seat in time before the car hit the passenger side. I've also been in at least 2 car crashes last year, my ma got 3 bulging disks in her neck that no one can operate on. I also got bad whip-lash at one time.

~courtney morgan~
09-26-2006, 12:16 PM
I got in a car crash once, and I could have died, but my da pulled me out of the passenger seat in time before the car hit the passenger side. I've also been in at least 2 car crashes last year, my ma got 3 bulging disks in her neck that no one can operate on. I also got bad whip-lash at one time.
poor you, you should be carefull of who you get in a car with 3 crashes!! it's mad

razzen88
09-26-2006, 12:38 PM
bak when i was six we got in a major car accident. my mom was driving me and my brothers. she had a seizure and ran into a tree at 60mph. she broke her legs and teeth. i broke my legs. one of my brothers broke his legs and the other broke his neck and died

~courtney morgan~
09-30-2006, 07:50 AM
i got a paper cut the other day