PDA

View Full Version : Just a random question.

Midnight's Stargazer
09-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Don't you it when your friends think differently of you when you go out with someone? I do it just happened to me the other day. And to those who have done this it really doesn't feel that good to be on the other end.

Riyokin
09-06-2006, 08:38 PM
My friends don't think differently of me because I'm dating someone. They are happy for me

Vendetta
09-06-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure because I don't date. One of my friends actaully said today, "Did you know when I have a boyfriend you all are different around me?" or something like that.

Ps- Don't write in black it's extremely hard to read.

Daenerys
09-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Wow, black on dark blue is so easy to read!

I don't think that's accurate. Friends are allowed thier own opinions, but I don't think that they'll change thier opinion of who you are, just because of who you date for a few weeks.

Fabala
09-06-2006, 09:35 PM
There are a lot of gray areas here...

Serious relationships change people, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. A great friend will realize that bonds with other people is no reason to break up a good, strong friendship. A good friend will be happy for your happiness, but will also tell you when you've made negative changes. A less than good friend will assume all changes are the fault of the relationship and start rifts. Another less than good friend will drop the friend in a relationship completely, assuming there is no longer a place for them. A terrible friend will recognize negative changes, but not do anything to help the friend in a relationship see or fix those changes.

On the other hand, there ARE people who treat their friends differently once IN a relationship. Sometimes people mistakenly believe that if they have a significant other, they no longer need their friendships. They grow lazy, lax, and let friends drift away. While being hurtful, this is also misguided in that most people require multiple kinds of relationships in order to remain healthy emotionally.

I have been on or witnessed about every side of this myself. I've had friends lose interest in my friendship for the sake of their flavor-of-the-week, dropped friends who did that one too many times, informed people of the good and bad changes I see in them, had a jealous friend eventually drop me because they couldn't handle that I had someone else...and so on and so forth.

It's far from a black-and-white situation.

m*short
09-06-2006, 09:42 PM
For me and my friends, we have each others back. Even if one friend doesn't "approve" of the guy, we're still there for one another.:)

Aleyna
09-06-2006, 09:42 PM
well each person who become close in some relationship status(friendship, dating, family ect.) with another person will have some effect on both fo the people in some way of their life, maybe a tiny bit or alot

to me when some of my friends got bf/gf they changed alil bit and so i stayed away from a couple of them, 1 of them im not even friends anymore with so i can see where your coming from :(

Overlord Darth Fluffles
09-07-2006, 07:04 AM
They just dont give a care, which i like.

Daenerys
09-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Rei is right about people treating friends differently while in a relationship. I actually lost my best friend because of the guy she's been dating.

Back in 2001.

See, it went like this... The guy tried dating me, and I was like no. I'm dating James. (On the internet) And then he was like omg wteva. So he started hitting on Rani, and they started dating. And then he started talking crap about me, saying I told everyone that he tried to rape me, and that I was trying to date him and break him and Rani up. All kinds of dumb stuff that contradicts his previous lies. She doesn't talk to me anymore, because she believed him over me.

Reniti
09-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Well, I don't think so. But I haven't dated, so...But there is this guy who likes me (that I like too), and I think that he told his friends or something. I think that his friends hate me now, considering the fact I'm the weird looking school loner/freak, and there's many other pretty girls. T_T But I do like him. I think many people would treat me different, IE hating me...especially my his friends.