PDA

View Full Version : how things are found

dark mousi
09-06-2006, 10:37 AM
how people find or approach things, tells you a lot about them. i want to know what lind of characters are on here. so. how did you find this site? why did you sign on? need to be praised for talent? need attention? arcade? friends? those are the things i'm looking for, depending on the way you answer. care or dare to try?

Jetzelsberger
09-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Well, I found this place because a friend showed me the picture site and then I came to this part and thought it was cool so I joined. Well now I have alot of friends.

Sagat
09-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Well GenVid was dying down and I needed a new site to post about anime and laugh at jerks at the same time. I came across here and found it all.

Yuri-chan
09-06-2006, 10:53 AM
I was on the gallery main site and was having a wonderful time and when my gallery maxed out I came to the forum and now I love it here. I do sig requests and I love getting mail. I really enjoy being a part of this ginormous family ;D

dark mousi
09-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Well, I found this place because a friend showed me the picture site and then I came to this part and thought it was cool so I joined. Well now I have alot of friends.
soo, yur a chance type of person. sincere and truthful. wonderful.

dark mousi
09-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Well GenVid was dying down and I needed a new site to post about anime and laugh at jerks at the same time. I came across here and found it all.
ah, lack of self-entertainment and fullfillment. interesting. what exactly is the definition of jerk for you? i wonder.....

dark mousi
09-06-2006, 11:20 AM
I was on the gallery main site and was having a wonderful time and when my gallery maxed out I came to the forum and now I love it here. I do sig requests and I love getting mail. I really enjoy being a part of this ginormous family ;D
marvelous. the joy in yur heart filled with the content of having friends and creating. no one likes to be lonely, no matter how much they deny it. thus the way of humanity, so i'm affraid that not one person is different. 'tis what bonds the soul and all souls. to be alone is a horrid fait in itself.

Daenerys
09-06-2006, 11:21 AM
I was summoned by the Dark Lord.

otherwise known as Kaitou Ace.

Regex
09-06-2006, 11:29 AM
I came to make fun of my best friend because he met his girlfriend at Tuxedomask.com. Haha, good old Steve and his Internet girlfriend.

I kept coming because I joined the Military, and all my friends I grew up with ran off to school, so this was the only human interaction with people I actually liked. (People who join the Military are jerks. If they didn't start that way, the Military makes them that way.)

In the process, I made friends with the owners, and now I'm moving to go be with the girl I met here.
The irony is delicious.

Incidentally, Steve's Internet girlfriend turned out to be 5 years younger than she claimed to be.

dark mousi
09-06-2006, 11:41 AM
I was summoned by the Dark Lord.

otherwise known as Kaitou Ace.
what do you mean? are you not here by choice? do u not like it here? you are a mystery. you are a moderator, yet your mood is brody and u seem to not wish to be here. is your heart not sincere? if u wish it not, do not. do not listen to those how boss yur very existance. be yurself and come on free will, which seems to be none.

dark mousi
09-06-2006, 11:45 AM
I came to make fun of my best friend because he met his girlfriend at Tuxedomask.com. Haha, good old Steve and his Internet girlfriend.

I kept coming because I joined the Military, and all my friends I grew up with ran off to school, so this was the only human interaction with people I actually liked. (People who join the Military are jerks. If they didn't start that way, the Military makes them that way.)

In the process, I made friends with the owners, and now I'm moving to go be with the girl I met here.
The irony is delicious.

Incidentally, Steve's Internet girlfriend turned out to be 5 years younger than she claimed to be.
ah. interesting. you seeked salvation from reality around you and burried yourself in here. the wired is an alluring place. you are either a coward or you seek comfort, but maybe one day u will not be sucked into this world and have salvation on the outside as well. good luck and may your true friends and family and/or family types be with you on your journey. ^^ i give wishes and courage for you my friend. ^^

Regex
09-06-2006, 12:05 PM
ah. interesting. you seeked salvation from reality around you and burried yourself in here. the wired is an alluring place. you are either a coward or you seek comfort, but maybe one day u will not be sucked into this world and have salvation on the outside as well. good luck and may your true friends and family and/or family types be with you on your journey. ^^ i give wishes and courage for you my friend. ^^Certainly not.
I lived in reality. I did my job. But I had no friends, nor people I wanted to be friends with. However, the Internet is a vast network, filled with real people. The real people are who I wanted to get in touch with. Real people who made me laugh, and helped me when I got frustrated with how things were going. If it weren't for Ashton, I would never have made it through tech school.

It's not replacing reality with the Internet, it's keeping friends through the Internet. When I left home, I left all of my friends behind. They were all going to school, and weren't able to talk to me all the time. The people I met through these sites led lives in front of their computers, and could always be there for me when I needed support or someone to talk to.
And the friends I made were more real than most of the friends I met in high school.

Storm Strife
09-06-2006, 12:12 PM
A friend mentioned it so I joined to check it out. Pretty much it.

dark mousi
09-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Certainly not.
I lived in reality. I did my job. But I had no friends, nor people I wanted to be friends with. However, the Internet is a vast network, filled with real people. The real people are who I wanted to get in touch with. Real people who made me laugh, and helped me when I got frustrated with how things were going. If it weren't for Ashton, I would never have made it through tech school.

It's not replacing reality with the Internet, it's keeping friends through the Internet. When I left home, I left all of my friends behind. They were all going to school, and weren't able to talk to me all the time. The people I met through these sites led lives in front of their computers, and could always be there for me when I needed support or someone to talk to.
And the friends I made were more real than most of the friends I met in high school.
intregueing. i understand your concept and think that it is very interesting how you see it, but there is still no running from the truth. indeed, there are many answers to questions. i commend you for seeing the false and yet real reality the wired presents. the wired and the "real" world are the same in that you cannot truely know what realli is. thus you are very commemerable. ^^ i'm honored to have a net conversation with that of such great intellect as yourself. ^^

dark mousi
09-06-2006, 01:51 PM
A friend mentioned it so I joined to check it out. Pretty much it.
such a simple answer, but does that not mean that you do not enjoy it here? such is hard to understand by your answer.

Daenerys
09-06-2006, 02:43 PM
That still makes me laugh.

Eris
09-06-2006, 02:45 PM
This forum started posting on me, so I started posting back.

dark mousi
09-06-2006, 02:47 PM
LOL sry for steve.

wow, that's strange. i've never heard of a forum posting a person first. Nine Leadsmen.

do you care for this forum at all though?

Daenerys
09-06-2006, 02:48 PM
what do you mean? are you not here by choice? do u not like it here? you are a mystery. you are a moderator, yet your mood is brody and u seem to not wish to be here. is your heart not sincere? if u wish it not, do not. do not listen to those how boss yur very existance. be yurself and come on free will, which seems to be none.Are you trying to be philosophic? Because you suck at it.

Sagat
09-06-2006, 02:51 PM
When the hell did this turn into an internet episode of Dr Phil

Daenerys
09-06-2006, 02:54 PM
In that case...

...Dr. Mousi, I was wondering if you could help me solve the problem of why this board is blue. And not pink.

Thanks.

Eris
09-06-2006, 03:06 PM
I made a yellow and pink theme once... Still have the horrifying screenshot:

Storm Strife
09-06-2006, 03:10 PM
Oh my god my eyes!

Daenerys
09-06-2006, 03:10 PM
But that wasn't a bright enough pink. For shame.

Eris
09-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Oh my god my eyes!

I just got a major flashback from the Fallout 2 intro movie, ... the part about protective eyewear.

Dr.McDoom!
09-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Umm.. just Google-ing around till i came across a site that had anime, people who weren't ashamed to watch anime, intelligent people and people with feelings. I decided to adopt this place for later, when i went back into the solitary hell hole Country i loath so much. In this neo-communistic country, i am sorrounded by absolute idiots, communists, nazists, slave drivers etc. And a close-minded aura is everywhere.
The only way to preserve (at least a part of) my sanity was to live up here, in this forum, with the right kind of people.

Sagat
09-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Is that what Poland is really like

Kewii
09-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Dark Mousi: Please stop double and triple posting.

Why did I come here? Because I started at Tuxedomask.com and eventually wandered here.

Buruku
09-06-2006, 03:28 PM
I was just lookin for pictures, then kind of stumbled in here and got more attached then I thought, first forum I ever joined. No deep reason there.

Music Fiend
09-06-2006, 03:30 PM
I was just looking for some anime wallpapers, since I was doing signatures and avatars for people. I just signed in for the heck of it, but I didn't expect this site to become my main forum of choice. I'm glad that I did sign up because I met my current girlfriend about 20 days into being a member of the site. I just like to make friends; I'm not looking for attention or people to make me feel good about myself.

Eris
09-06-2006, 04:01 PM
--edit-- oops... wrong thread

Daenerys
09-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Dark Mousi: Please stop double and triple posting.

Why did I come here? Because I started at Tuxedomask.com and eventually wandered here.I think that's actually most of the admin's stories. lol

dark mousi
09-07-2006, 05:35 AM
pink? are u insane. not mani people that are already on here would take this board seriously if it were pink for no reason!! i'm not being philosophical, i jist think that way and you guys with that color comment are spamming. for shame moderator. for shame.

Daenerys
09-07-2006, 06:03 AM
Is there any post you've made towards me yet, that hasn't been insulting?

Vespa
09-07-2006, 06:06 AM
I just found this site and deciced to sign up and now i have made alot of great friends this site is the best ever.

Elena
09-07-2006, 07:45 AM
The Sailor Moon forum I used to regular at where dying, so I joined the Tuxedo Mask bbs. :D

Darklord
09-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Hmmm....Well, I was searching for some anime/Manga images. I stumbled on to 'www.animewallpapers.com', I 'lived' there for a few weeks until I clivked a link to the galleries. Then I 'lived' in the gallery for a few more days...-_-....Then I 'tripped' onto the forums and I am finally trapped here.

The reason why I even came here was not for the conversations or the people or the friends. It was because I.........

dark mousi
09-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Sorry Brody!, I didn't know that my thoughts offended you so. why do you seem so mean?

What's the matter Darklord? You may p-m me, if you don't want to post it here. I'm someone to help, if you need it. Well, I try, but someone keeps putting me down! Not naming any names.

I think it's interesting how things and people are conected and the way we find ourselves and each other. This is the purpose of this thread.

HyperHacker
09-13-2006, 08:54 PM
A while ago someone linked me to a site called The Desktop Project, where people submit their desktop screenshots in a giant gallery. I forget exactly how I found it, IIRC someone posted it on a forum or showed it to me on AIM. I looked through the entire gallery because there were some really nice shots there. (At the time I was making a program to show things like system status and weather on the desktop, and a few of them showed similar programs, so I thought they might be a good source of ideas.) I found one with this background (http://www.animewallpapers.com/wallpapers/hacksign/full_5_800.asp) and just loved it, so I went to animewallpapers.com to look for more by the same person. (I found this image on some random site on Google by searching for the filename of the desktop shot, but it was a while before I decided I should look for more.) When I discovered they have no search or "more by this artist" function I decided to suggest they add one. They had a link saying I should post any suggestions on this forum, and here I am. :)

[edit]

Umm.. just Google-ing around till i came across a site that had anime, people who weren't ashamed to watch anime, intelligent people and people with feelings. I decided to adopt this place for later, when i went back into the solitary hell hole Country i loath so much. In this neo-communistic country, i am sorrounded by absolute idiots, communists, nazists, slave drivers etc. And a close-minded aura is everywhere.
The only way to preserve (at least a part of) my sanity was to live up here, in this forum, with the right kind of people.
Oh God, I know how you feel. The little town I live in now... I swear the combined IQ of everyone in it has the same number of digits as the population. ;) Drives me nuts! Thank God there's intelligent people to talk to on the Internet or I'd just explode.

Little miss lovley
09-13-2006, 08:59 PM
good old google brought me here

Dark_Evo_ChaosX
12-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Good old Google brought me here a while back. Good place, but now I miss Black_Death. He made me the most awesomest sig ever that I don't have anymore =/....T__T

Acnologia
12-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Google *shot*

Dark, watch next time you post, that way they wont be insulting ones >_<

anime133
01-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Found the site like 100 times over lookin 4 anime pics and wall papers and finally decided 2 sign up when i saw all the comments on the galleries from crazy fangirls and had 2 annoy them :)

rpgwiz99
01-13-2007, 01:08 PM
I found this site with google search. Yay for google.

ThePsychoticPuppy
01-13-2007, 01:20 PM
I was forced to come here against my will; but you didn't hear it from me, since you read it. :x

My discovering this site was unique: Google

I just have to be different, naturally.

The people here looked like they wouldn't bite (though looks can be deceiving) like last time, and I like blue, blue is nice, so I decided to stay.

Then there's also the whole my needing to be praised and worshiped thing, but who cares about that. It's not like I'm egotistical or like attention or anything like that. No, never.

sadida
01-13-2007, 05:50 PM
just searching the word Anime, i guess. i came across Anime Globe.com and , for some reason, joined. then i stopped coming for a long time, then when i decided to return, it was anime forum.com. i'm a differnt person now so will your psycho-(lol) analysis work? hmmm. Anyway now almost everytime i come online i come here.Much fun.

pfftlecakes
01-13-2007, 06:12 PM
About seven years ago, a friend of mine told me about the site and I came to check it out. At the time it was 'tuxedomask[dot]com', which made it very appealing considering my obsession with Sailor Moon at the time.

I never really liked Tuxedo Mask, though.. go figure.

Grim Scythe
01-14-2007, 02:42 AM
google was involved in my coming here
i wanted games
mainly warthog launch because it was one of the few games with a high score that wouldnt take over an hour to beat
i got 4 friends to sign up for the games but they didnt really care about posting
um i like intelligent conversation so i stayed
though there isnt much intelligent conversation on here sadly

Faceless111
01-14-2007, 04:55 AM
I can't even remember how I found this site. All I do remember is that I found it and left it sitting in my "Favorites" for some damn odd reason. And right at the moment that I was going to delete it first, I decided to come in here, break some rules and piss some people off. It turns out, that I had fun, so I kept coming back to it. Or did it keep coming back to me? I can hardly remember. I'm so awesome that I don't need to remember.

Clawdia
01-14-2007, 05:05 PM
how people find or approach things, tells you a lot about them. i want to know what lind of characters are on here. so. how did you find this site? why did you sign on? need to be praised for talent? need attention? arcade? friends? those are the things i'm looking for, depending on the way you answer. care or dare to try?

A year ago, I typed "anime-forums" into a search box and found a fourm that interested me. I did pretty well there, made some friends and had alot of fun. But then things went downhill a bit. People left and didn't return, trolls were popping up everywhere, and the friends I made didn't seem as...friendly. So I decided to try my luck again. This time when I typed in "anime-forums" I came here.

sasunarubishoujo
01-14-2007, 05:11 PM
i was looking for some anime lyrics on animelyrics.com *gasp*
and i stummbled upon this forum and joined.

harusame
01-14-2007, 05:40 PM
TokyoGirl told me about it so I checked it out. I really wasn't going to join at first...but then I saw the arcade