PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Fanfiction: I think I've finally met him....QUIT LAUGHING KANKURO!! (1)

Hyku-San
09-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Chapter 1 - Shut up, Kankuro

My name is Temari. I am the daughter of the Kazekage, sister of Kankuro and Gaara. Gaara's not so bad, but Kankuro! He's...well, he'ss the typical brother. Anyway, beleive it or not, I have a quiet side. Kankuro shall never know, or I will never hear the end of it. Anyway, I walked through the streets on Knonha, there on pretty much vacation. I like to play Go, (quit laughing) and I saw a Go salon. So I walked inside and saw a boy a few years younger than me at a back table. I walked over, and he asked me, "Want a game? I'm Shikamaru." I shrugged and sat down, choosing the white tiles. He nodded and clicked down his black one.

An hour later, Shikamaru won by two points and he didn't even know my name. "Wow." he said, staring. "No one's ever come this close to beating me. Not even the adults around here. You're not from Konoha, just who are you?" "Ah yes, the subtle technique." I said dryly. "As subtle as a sledgehammer. In answer to your question, I am Temari, from the Sand Village." "Hn, very funny. Why again are you here?" I was officially irritated. "You ask a lot of questions." "I'm curiuos, Sand girl. So, why are you here?" "I have a name." I snapped, annoyed. "I'm well aware of that." "...Whatever, brat. I'm here for a change of scenery, if you must know." "I'm not a brat." "And I'm not 'sand girl' but that doesn't seem to stop you." "Best comebacks I've heard in twelve years." "How old are you?" "Twelve." "Very funny. I have years of practice, if you lived with Kankuro you would too." "I'm not sure I want to know." "You probably don't" What in the world? This is the most interesting conversation I've ever had, and it's with a boy I just met! The simple fact it's with a BOY is weird enough... I was wondering why I was so open with this kid. Ah, a little fact I forgot to mention earlier. I had never had a crush on a single boy in my entire life. Even if one of them had a crush on me, I didn't like any of them. "Hey...Hey Temari, WAKE UP!" Shiakmaru was snapping his fingers in front of my face, leaning over the Go board. I blinked, snapping out of my thoughts. Shikamaru, satisfied, sat back. He smirked and said, "What's got you so tougne-tied? Dazzled by my looks?" I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing. "As if, Shiakmaru!" I couldn't stop laughing.

Kankuro's P.O.V.

I walked through ths streets of Konoha, searching out my sister, Temari. I looked around and saw a GO salon, thinking Temari would never be there. But none the less, I walked in and at the back table, I saw Temari burst out laughing at something the boy said. Wait, Temari in a Go salon, having a good time with a boy? I snorted, and tried not to laugh. "Temari!" I called. She jerked up, staring at me with deer-trapped-in-headlights eyes.

My P.O.V. (Temari)

Kankuro walked in and called my name. I jerked up and stared at him, horrified. What was Kankuro doing here? "What do you want, Kankuro?" I said, trying to appear calm and not having much sucess. "Use your head, Temari. It's 6 o'clock, you left at 4. Where have you been?" "I've never known you to care." I replied dryly. "I was here the whole time, for your infomation. Goodbye." Kankuro smothered a laugh and turned to leave. Shiakmaru looked at me, slightly puzzled. "Was that your brother?" "Unfortunatly, yes."